Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Panoz Esperante

panozmanpanozman Member Posts: 7
edited March 2014 in Panoz
I would like some feedback on the value and overall opinion of owners of this model. How is it for everyday driving? Maintenance problems, etc.

Comments

• xkssxkss Member Posts: 722
    The Panoz Esperante has an aluminum chassis.

Check this link

http://www.panozauto.com/

Here is the Panoz Esperante GTLM which is backed by the factory in the American Le Mans Series. This is from testing for the 12 hours of Sebring.

A recent issue of Motor Trend said that the 2006 Esperante will use some carbon fiber for its chassis which will boost rigidity and drop an estimated 100 pounds.

The Panoz Esperante has been for 2005. Check out the following link:

http://www.panozauto.com/PR/2005ModelNews.pdf
    check here:

http://www.panozauto.com/PR/2005ModelNews.pdf

The Esperante's V-8 is not a highly-stressed engine like, say, a BMW M3's engine.
    Panoz won the GT2 class at Road Atlanta over the weekend. It was the first victory for the Panoz Esperante in the American Le Mans Series. The Esperante is backed by the factory in ALMS. It beat all of the Porsche 911s.

Panoz beats Porsche
  • jeffthefishjeffthefish Member Posts: 1
    The car is great. I have a 2002 w/15k miles. totally reliable, great fun, peaky engine, great everyday driver. 100k+ is crazy high, but if you get used one for 60ish, the value is super. No maintenance problems at all. Interior pieces are very high quality. Need more info, email me.
  • SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    NO EMAIL ME - part of having a great online community is keeping the discussions here.

Thanks!
    Esperante's body: hand assembled, CNC-trimmed, lightweight SuperFormed (SPF) aluminum alloy.

Esperante's chassis: Modular extruded 6061 T-6 multi-celled aluminum alloy frame.

I saw an Esperante recently and it looked awesome.
    This is from Mid-Ohio (American Le Mans Series)

They are backed by the factory.

The two factory-backed Panoz Esperante GTLMs didn't finish the race, but it was the first time Panoz has been at Le Mans with the Esperante.

Panoz has been at Le Mans before with the GTR-1.
    Two Esperante GTLMs are raced in the American Le Mans Series.

racing

Also, the Esperante is made in the USA!
    I was at the ALMS (American Le Mans Series) race at Portland recently and a friend from a local certified Panoz dealer said that Panoz is working on a replacement for the Esperante. Motor Trend tested an Esperante GTLM several months ago and said that sketches for the Esperante's replacement look "voluptuous."
    Esperante GTLM

GTLM from a recent ALMS race at Road America

Esperante GTLM

check the link

Panoz Esperante GTLM
    Besides using carbon fiber for the chassis for 2006 to improve ride and handling (it will still use aluminum), the Esperante receives several new wheel and tire packages, many interior options like three new leather color schemes, and audio equipment.
  • hsporschehsporsche Member Posts: 1
    This past week I had the honor to drive the new 2006 Esperante GTLM Coupe the car was at the factory and had only been driven by factory personel . It was amazing the one piece roof design is even better looking that the previous coupe. Fit and finish were as one would expect from a boutique manufacturer like Panoz, performance was awesome the car was amazing to drive. The ride and handling were far superior to my 02 Esperante. I will try to post some pictures later.
    The # 50 Panoz Esperante GTLM of Robin Liddell and Bill Auberlen finished 2nd in GT2 at Laguna Seca (ALMS race). They had led for several laps.
    Esperante in Chillipepper Red

Aluminum chassis

Robin Liddell (he drove one of the Esperante GTLMs) at Crater Lake in Oregon. Crater Lake is a lake in southwest Oregon in a volcanic crater of the Cascade Range. At 589.3 m (1,932 ft) deep, it is the second-deepest lake in North America and the deepest in the United States.

a link to a picture

Robin Liddell
    check this link

GT1 news
    Team LNT's Lawrence Tomlinson, Richard Dean, and Tom Kimber-Smith took the GT2 lead with around one hour and won with a one-lap victory.

Panoz wins at Le Mans in 10th attempt
    The # 81 Panoz Esperante GTLM at Le Mans

I was at the ALMS Portland Grand Prix today and I talked with a guy who is responsible for the engines for Multimatic Motorsports Team Panoz. He said the reports of Panoz entering GT1 are false. They will stick with GT2.
  • panozmanpanozman Member Posts: 7
    Does anyone know why the IRL teams are going away from the Panoz Chassis?
    it isn't competitive.

Champ Car has shown their new American-built Panoz DP01.

new chassis
    The father of a friend of mine runs Gran Prix Imports in Wilsonville, Oregon. It is an authorized Panoz dealership. His son recently told me that Panoz is working on a sports car with over 600 hp.

My friend is John Warn and his dad is Michael Warn whose grandfather, Arthur Warn, founded Warn Industries in 1948. Think Warn winches.

Michael founded Gran Prix Imports with Matt Crandall who was the manager of the oldest Ferrari dealership in North America.
    "The base engineering for the next generation of the Esperante has also been conducted by Multimatic."

- news
  • thecarbuffthecarbuff Member Posts: 7
    ive never heard of this, is this like a UK car or something
    seriously
  • panozmanpanozman Member Posts: 7
    http://www.panozauto.com/

Let me allow the experts to explain, wow!
This discussion has been closed.