Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

The Future of Saab?

1212223242527»

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Next GM will say that it's not their problem since Old GM was the one that got rid of Saab.
  • Options
    robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    "Dutch company Spyker said it was suing General Motors for $3 billion on behalf of its subsidiary Saab, accusing the U.S. automaker of deliberately driving Saab into bankruptcy by interfering with a planned deal with a Chinese investor."

I've gotta laugh.

Spyker is suing GM for interfering in their sale of GM technology they licensed to a competitor in GM's largest market.

BWWWAAAAAHHHHHHHAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!
  • Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,711
    "My guess is that Spyker wants to settle this fast in exchange for the use of some of GM's technology."

My guess? Spyker's just extorting some 'hush money' from GM.
  • Options
    lol, bet you're right. They are saying they didn't need the technology anyway.

Follow the money. 3 billion is a tidy amount of hush money.
  • Options
    "Youngman and Spyker will launch a second joint venture to be called Spyker Phoenix, which aims to develop a "new full range of premium car models based on the (Saab) Phoenix platform." The Phoenix models "will be positioned higher than the comparable Saab models were," said the Spyker statement. The Spyker Phoenix vehicles may be built in Europe and China, the Dutch car manufacturer said."

Spyker and Chinese Plan To Launch Saab-Based Cars (Inside Line)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Didn't expect to see this discussion revived, much less the brand.

"Two Saab 9-3 test cars have rolled off the line here ahead of a production launch later this year, said National Electric Vehicle Sweden."

Saab 9-3 Test Cars Roll Off the Line

• Options
    But nothing electric. What market can there be for these Saabs? Besides a Saab fanatic, that I?
  • Options
    Sounds like an EV is in the pipeline.

"National Electric Vehicle Sweden, the Hong Kong-based company that bought the brand out of bankruptcy in September last year, presented its new 9-3 Aero Sedan as the first in a series of new cars it will produce.

The company, also called NEVS, said the first 200 cars will be delivered in the spring and will cost 279,000 kronor ($42,500) each. Next year, it will also launch a 9-3 wagon, followed by convertible and electric models."

Saab is back: First cars produced under new owners (Detroit News)
  • Options
    I'll believe it (real EVs, not just smoke) when I see it.

Oops, maybe need a different metaphor...;)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Motors on every wheel.

Burnouts!