Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2007 Infiniti Q series

2»

Comments

• Options
    joesestojoesesto Member Posts: 1
    Looks like this thread died last month. I'm also curious about the fate of the Q. I currently lease a 2003 Premium. Just coming up on 24th month of a 48 mo. lease...figured they should do something by 10/07...dump it or improve it. Not that I dislike the car...it's great...looks fantastic (did it really need more lights in the front in 2005?) but has flaws, i.e., lousy economy due to lack of 6-speed...won't hold the selected gear in M - mode (might have been fixed already)...trunk is too small...performance a bit sluggish for the price point. (Wife's car is 7-series...my toy is a C-6...so I am familiar with performance.) Always wanted a Q since day one...lease on my '95 Maxima came up in '98...test drove the Q...Maxima would out perform it. Passed on the '02 as I was leery of 1st year...when they put deep discounts and great financing together in lease pkg in 10/03 I signed on. I'm with Jason A8 is next fav...but don't need/want AWD...there will never be RWD A8 alone. Hope Ghosn greenlights something amazing...but price point getting crowded. Last time I looked Q sales down to under 150/month in US.
  • Options
    watcher17watcher17 Member Posts: 2
    When is the current Q Series scheduled for an update / remake? Is it for the 2007 model year? Are there any spy shots or renderings floating around?
  • Options
    shankarshankar Member Posts: 1
    Recently did an update on my 2002 Q45.. Infiniti calls it the ITB-02048 update.
    Like it is night and day. reprograms the Engine Control Module. Shifting and acceleration are totally different. changes shift points, spark firing timing, and fuel injection timing. Now in town I get about 19 mile per gallon. No more hesitation on takeoff. first part of the fix replaces the accelerator pedal. The othetr is all prgramming.
    My car has 81000 miles and what a refreshing change.. :P :P
  • Options
    larry45larry45 Member Posts: 1
    how do i get access to the web page for the Q45? I own a 2002 Q45 and am very happy with it. contact me at devilsfeather@aol.com
  • Options
    supra4lifesupra4life Member Posts: 5
    Well, this thread really seems dead... I mean the future of the Q will be interesting to watch, I can't wait until they present the next generation model, if there's going to be one... I wonder if Infiniti even has a plan to redo their Q ? After all, they've already got the M series that seems quite successful, why would they bother making a more upscale car ? I don't think customers will be ready to spend 20k more than a M to get a car with slightly better luxury features and more interior space, without forgetting that Infiniti isn't a 'great' car company, people buying luxury cars often want some recognition, that's why they go with brands that have cachet, like Mercedes, BMW, Lexus. Anyway I still hope there will be a next Q.
  • Options
    mevandemevande Member Posts: 190
    I think the BMW 7 series is a great balance of a nice ride (don't get bounced around) with a sporty feel. It took BMW a long time to get it right. I had a 740i (1999) and it was a fantastic car (wish I still had it!). I think Infiniti should shoot for the sporty side for it can't afford to be labeled as a "Japanese Buick' again.
  • Options
    merc1merc1 Member Posts: 6,081
    Well the current Q just got a facelift for either 2005 or 2006 so I think the next one is quite a ways off. Nissan has so much on their plate now so replacing a slower than slow selling high-end Infiniti has to be of low priority right now, IMO. I think they should go for something between the A8 and 7-Series, but this time with the performance to back up the image. Something totally different looking wouldn't hurt either because the current car is just dumpy as hell to look at. No one wants a 50K+ car with mud flaps!

M
  • Options
    knowspinzoneknowspinzone Member Posts: 91
    I just read in October issue of Road & Track that the Q45 is "taking a sabbatical from the US market".

So apparently there will not be a 2007 model. Maybe they'll come out with a 2008 model in Feb. of 2007, like they did with the M model.
This discussion has been closed.