Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Ford Focus Performance

hotfocushotfocus Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Ford
The place to chat about any engine performance and exhaust related upgrades.

Comments

• Options
    SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    A recent post about a problem was moved to the Ford Focus Problems & Solutions discussion so we can keep this about Performance.

Thanks!
  • Options
    alouettes05alouettes05 Member Posts: 6
    Can't seem to find any 0 - 60 times for a 2005 Focus ZX5 with a 5-speed (136-bhp engine).
  • Options
    trixwagentrixwagen Member Posts: 4
    0 - 60 is 9.0 seconds
    1/4 mile is 16.9 at 80 mph

source:jbcarpages.com

That's not terrible, but not that great. I'd buy a ZX5 right now if it came with a 2.3 engine like the ST.

A stock ZX5 is not going to win many races. Maybe against a Toyota Prius or a Scion XB. It would definitely beat my old Saturn SL1. That was a piece of work. :lemon:
  • Options
    car_illiteratecar_illiterate Member Posts: 1
    My check engine light came on so I took it in and was told I needed a new EGR valve but that it wasn't going to hurt my car if I didn't fix it immediately. When I drive my car starts jerking like it wants to die, so I figured I'd better get this fixed. Does anyone have an idea of how much this might cost at the dealer, I have a 2002 Ford Focus ZTS.
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    If you use the Browse by Vehicle pulldowns on the left and select Ford / Focus, you will find two discussions you might want to post your question in - Ford Focus Problems & Solutions and Care & Maintenance. There is also a TSB/Recall discussion you should check out.
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,323
    my neighbor showed an in car video of him at a drag strip. he was driving a modifed m5. his clock got cleaned by a focus zx3. my neighbor's q-m time was 16.0. he's a much better road course driver. :)
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    likeitornotlikeitornot Member Posts: 42
    How reliable is the Focus compared to a Honda Civic (not the SI)?

I've always been interested in getting a Honda Civic but I've been looking for months now for a used one but can't find any I like. Too much opitons, too much mileage, too little options... ugh. And the newer models are just out of my price range except for the base model which has like no options..

Anyway.. been offered a 2005 Focus for $9,500 because I knew someone who knew the dealer really well. I'm not really into ford though. The Focus doesn't look like a bad car..Looks like it gets as good gas mileage as the Civics. But I asked around and I keep getting told the Focuses are pos..lemon: and people having transmission and brake problems within a year..and other stupid little things that keep going wrong..

I don't want to get in debt over the Civic, but I also don't want to buy a car I can afford and have to fix it all the time anyway costing as much as a new Civic...
This discussion has been closed.