Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• googoo43googoo43 Member Posts: 2
    In live in the dc metro area and have a 2009 tl that they want and will break my current lease for a car with a 43,700 base price. For a payment of 579 for 36 months 15k miles per year. My current lease goes thru June 2012 so I bet I would still only be looking at 2012 models. Do you think I can talk them Dow. Or is this a good price?
  • drmike29drmike29 Member Posts: 26
    Is the $1250 dealer cash also avalable to those taking advantage of loyalty miles rollover?
  • toyoman8toyoman8 Member Posts: 114
    My dealers said that the residual for 2012 TL for 36mos X 10miles, is 58%
  • marys236marys236 Member Posts: 90
    Is the $750 loyalty cash always available if you are going from an Acura lease into a new one? I'm looking at trading my TSX, which is on an Acura lease, for a 2012 TL, but the dealer is telling me the $750 loyalty cash was a special that expired in September.
    My dealer also told me that the residual was 58% for 2012 TL AWD with Tech Package and 60% for 2012 TL FWD with Tech Package. Is the dealer simply trying to benefit from the 3% discrepancy?
    edited October 2011
    FWIW, I believe the residual for a 2012 TL Base, 3yr/10k, is 63%, according to Ride with G website.
  • markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Member Posts: 5,343
    edited October 2011
    I contacted a dealer by email (using a web site - www.carwoo.com) three weeks ago. I told them I was looking for a 2012 TL SH-AWD Advance, 36 month lease.

I was quoted full sticker price (verified @ Acura.com) including shipping.

I was offered for a 10 day period 13% off of that amount -- but the deal expired in 10 calendar days. Since the dealer was in a city 100 miles away, and they had no way to contact me, I ultimately ended up saying "yes" since the best price I could get otherwise was less than 8% off MSRP (again using www.carwoo.com).

I was unable to get the interior leather I wanted, but ended up with the exterior color I wanted most, so I was satisfied considering Acura's fairly inflexible interior / exterior combinations offered.

I highly recommend www.carwoo.com -- they are NOT affiliated with any dealer or mfrg (unless they are lying out the wazoo.)

Best and easiest transaction I have EVER had, period!

:surprise:
    Hoping to get others to chime in with their quoted residual value rates as I want to use this information to counter the offer made by my local dealership.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    you certainly can marys236. Acura's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2012 TL with 12,000 miles per year are .00166 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

You're right about both the $1,250 and the $500...however the $1,250 is a national program that is available everywhere and the $500 is an additional incentive that is only available in California.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Yes drmike29, I believe that it is.

Car_man
    Host
    I believe that the dealer is correct, marys236. To the best of my knowledge Acura is not providing any owner loyalty cash in October.

Car_man
    Host
  • mpatrick27mpatrick27 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    I'm looking to lease an acura 2012 TL AWD with technology package or Nissan Maxima 2012. MSRP is 43k for the TL. They offered $395/month 10k miles//yr for a 3k trade-in and 3k down payment. the Maxima was with premium package for 40k and offering $390/month with just the 3k down payment. I was wondering this either of deals was a good deal?
    Seems the discrepancy on the lease rates is the TECH package. Was explained that the 2012 TL AWD Base (without Tech package) had residual rate of 61%, while the 2012 AWD with TECH package had residual rate of 58% for 36 month/10k.
  • jwick6990jwick6990 Member Posts: 2
    car_man/drmike29 - We are targeting a 2012 SH-AWD Advance and wondering if you had current MF and residual values for a 36-month lease with 10k and 12k miles/year. MSRP is just under $46k and the dealer's first offer is sales price of $43,995 and a 36-month/10k miles/year lease rate of $679 plus tax with zero down. Hoping there's some wiggle room in sales price, as well. Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks!
    Is your vehicle with or without the Tech package? I was told that the advance package lowers the residual rate 2%, with money factor remaining unchanged.
  • jwick6990jwick6990 Member Posts: 2
    I believe the Advance package has everything the Tech package does, plus blind spot information, ventilated seats, and the 19" wheels.

So money factor remains at .00166 and residual at 56%?

Thanks!
    Hi jwick6990. Acura's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 TL SH-AWD with Advance and 12,000 miles per year are .00166 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • jaydocjaydoc Member Posts: 11
    edited October 2011
    I just wanted to share my numbers with you all. This forum has helped me alot.

I am picking up my 2012 TL w/Tech FWD. 15k/y for 36 months. MF 0.00156, RV:57%
    $800 due at signing(including all fees and 1st payment). $495/month (tax included).
  • markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Member Posts: 5,343
    edited November 2011
    I don't know what motivated you to end up with an Acura TL. The deal you got seems pretty good, and who cares anyway, it is what YOU think that counts.

I have now had my first Acura (my first non German car since 1977), a TL, since September 10th. The car is great. I really am pleased with it. It still has not WOW'd me like many of the German's I have had over these many years (29 Audis in a row for example).

However, therefore, notwithstanding: this car grows on me every time I get behind the wheel. I came, most recently, from an almost fully optioned out 2009 Audi A4 quattro 2.0T Prestige Sport (with a 6sp tiptronic transmission).

Little things about the TL impress me every time I discover one of them -- and I especially love the sound system.

What has, however, most recently started me on a journey that MAY end up at least as a near WOW is the power of the 3.7L V6 and the nearly ideal shift patterns of the 6speed automatic. The ability to double-downshift with the paddle is one of the little things that I have come to like very much, for instance.

The comfort of the seats (I have the Advance package) over long distances, too, is impressive.

I was able to set the cruise control at 85 and make a 100 mile trip in great comfort and with ease and a feeling of control that was damn near Germanic, if not fully thus.

Despite the thing being FWD biased, which I swore I would never again get, somehow Acura has managed to banish the FWD feel (mostly) from the SH-AWD drive train -- and now, at 3,000 miles, I have gained confidence to accelerate through curvers and let the torque vectoring and F-R power transition take care of things almost as if it were an Audi quattro I was driving.

I am to the point I now suggest to people I know, who are in the market for a new car, to at least "shop" Acura -- again something I probably would not have done, even on September 10th after I signed the papers.

I can't tell you what it would take to make this thing a WOW -- but at this point, it wouldn't take too much more, I'd imagine (especially for the price.)

An Audi S4 with Audi Drive Select and the Sport Differential (aka torque vectoring) would have been my preference were it $12,000 less, but the Acura TL Advance SH-AWD is a darn good knock-off (again adding "for the price.") The S4 could push you -- hard -- against your seat upon flooring it; the TL not quite so much. But overall the TL is proving itself to be sportier than I had assumed it would be.

I predict you will respect this car and possibly love it (probably in fact), your call with respect to being WOW'd though.

I'm still at about 8.5/10ths (of WOW), but moving, bit-by-bit, in that general direction. :surprise:
    Carman, could I get the November mf and rv on a base 2012 TL, 36 mo, 10k/yr, in Oklahoma? Thanks for your help!
  • sergeymsergeym Member Posts: 283
    Please tell me what were you smoking. I want it too.
  • mlipnickmlipnick Member Posts: 1
    i currently have an acura TL awd 2009 awd tech package with 28000 miles lease is set to expire in may 2012. dealership contacted me and would like me to exchanged it for a 2012 TL awd tech package the new lease would be for 36 months 36000 miles. i was quoted a price of $643.00/month. Is this a decent deal?
    thanks
  • googoo43googoo43 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2011
    I just turned in my 2009 tl with tech that expired in June and with no money down just first payment due got the 2012 tl tech with 45000 miles including all tax an tags for $550 per month. So you are not getting a deal at all. The first wanted 579 and I told them I would not go over 550. MinE was not AWD but I can't see that being that much more money
  • XxHaimBonxXXxHaimBonxX Member Posts: 135
    All these numbers make me think it won't be possible for me to lease 2012 base TL next year for less than $400 a month. My TSX is $326 a month with only $1000 down. How much more expensive TL could be? Maybe RDX is a much better value after all.
    You certainly can marys236. Acura's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 base TL with 10,000 miles per year are .00114 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • ericksimondsericksimonds Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2011
    Hey Car_Man!

Thank you for your recent help with the A5...

I'm also considering both 2012 SW_AWD Tech and Advance Packages, 36 month -15k per year.

I currently own two Acura's, one MDX and one TL, both were financed through Acura (read, do they provide any additonal incentive?).

Can you provide the money factor and residuals for both vehicles above?

Thanks again!

Erick
  • mcb345mcb345 Member Posts: 32
    Carman or anyone out there... Could anyone provide me with the Money Factor and Residual for a 2012 TL base model in Illinois for a 36 month 12,000/year lease? I assume the residual is 60% still but not sure what the money factor is for Super Preferred/highest tier credit? Thank you!
    XxHaimBonxX... My dealer actually contacted me to tun my TSX in early. I would turn it in at 30,000 miles 6 months early, I paid for 45,000 miles over 3 years so hopefully they would give me a nice incentive. With tax (8% in Rochester, NY) and zero down Im paying $400/month right now. I've crunched the numbers and if I calculated it correctly I'd need to get the 2012 TL base for $33,000 even on a 12,000/year 36 month lease in order to his $400ish with zero down and tax included (I used a MF of .00116 which I'm not 100% sure it is? and 60% residual). This would include any incentives they'd be giving me to turn it in early. Not sure if this is possible but I too am shooting for that magic $400/month on the new TL. I'm sure if they really wanted to do the deal they would since it's pretty much at invoice cost or a hair below and they'd be making some real good money on my TSX. I'm just not sure how motivated they'll be to make the deal happen. Anyone think this is feasible or have any input? I could be wrong on the 12,000 mile MF...?
  • nyelitericannyeliterican Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2011
    Hello all,

This is my first time posting but this forum has been helpful in the past and I thought I would contribute with my experience. I recently signed on the dotted line for an Acura TL AWD with tech package. exterior: black, Interior: The beautiful Umber leather =).

Zero money down except first month payment of $555 (this number is including NY State tax of 8.8% and all fees).

Lease Details: 12,000 Miles for 36 months.

Give it to me straight.... Bad deal? Good deal? Average deal?
  • thephantom1thephantom1 Member Posts: 12
    MSRP- 36,490

NET SELLING PRICE- 32,700

DEALER IS GIVING ME ACCESSORY PACKAGE AND REAR DECK LID SPOILER ALSO FOR COST

USING $3,250 TRADE IN PAYOFF ON MY CAR, ZERO ADDITIONAL OUT OF POCKET

15K MILE LEASE - $336 MO

TECH IS $75 MORE, IS IT WORTH IT?

GOOD DEAL?
  • spangaroospangaroo Member Posts: 3
    I just picked up my TL Tech last night. 36,000 miles for 36 mos, $411/ mo w/ $4760 down
    That's a good selling price, I haven't been able to get anyone to come down lower than $34,000 for the 2012 TL Base. What state/dealer?

Personally, I don't think the tech is worth it on a lease, your basically paying for the entire cost of the nav system spread out over the life of the lease ($2,700), but if it's important to you, than it's worth it.
    I always look past these offers to end the lease earlier or pay off my remaining lease. A loan is a contract that has specific terms, so one way or the other, all payments must be made. When the dealer pays off your ride, that cost is passed to you one way or the other. In your case it's $2400. They wouldn't give it up out of the goodness of their heart. I'll be shopping in May and most probably go straight to DCH Heart Acura, where I got my TSX. I got the best deal the first time. The one in Albany wouldn't give me an answer for weeks. Having said that, miracles do happen, so let me know what you come up with. I don't mind going to Rochester for a good deal, so keep up posted.
    I actually purchased my TSX in Chicago, Rochester's Acura dealer (John Holtz) did not even respond to my initial email inquiry 2.5 years ago so I'll likely not bother with them ever again. Chicago has a half dozen dealers within a 25 mile radius so they were much better to deal with. I'll keep you posted when I get the offer this weekend from the Chicago dealer.
    edited November 2011
    I always wanted to go to Chicago. Finally an excuse. Did you go there especially for the car?

P.S. Try DCH in Wappinger Falls. Their staff is awesome and a bit closer by about 300 miles.
    Acura states on their website that you can lease certified used cars through them. I know there are a few Chicago dealers that have 2012 models with under 5,000 miles (likely demo or loaner cars? From what I can tell they were always dealer owned cars according to CarFax). Does anyone know if the MF or residual values would vary for these cars compared to brand new 2012 models? The listing prices are around $4000 cheaper than brand new models with the same options... this would almost seem too good to be true if the residuals and MF's were the exact same as a brand new 2012 wouldn't it? Anyone have any personal experience with this?
    You're welcome Erick. Unfortunately, I do not believe that Acura is currently providing any special incentives on the 2012 TL for loyal customers. Having said that, it does have a $1,250 dealer cash incentive on this truck that is available to everyone. Make sure to take this cash into account during your negotiations.

As far as its lease program goes, Acura's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 TL Tech AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00114 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, mcb345. Acura's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 TL Base with 12,000 miles per year are .00114 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this car, don't forget about the $1,250 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • colombo3colombo3 Member Posts: 2
    Acura TL with 10k/36 month lease for $399 a month with $3000 down which also includes the first month payment. Is this a good deal? The car price was $35,500 something.
  • nacho2nacho2 Member Posts: 82
    Real Quick, never put $3000 down on a lease, for that car you should put down just drive off which covers firts month and dmv fees. For ex when I leased an 09 acura tl my drive off was around $500 and my monthly was 365 tax included for 36months and 12k.Shop around and find out the invoice and MF. Bare minimum for dreive keep that in mind. Towards end of the month do the car deal.
  • colombo3colombo3 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Nacho2 for your reply. Actually this was the Acura TL with the technology package. MSRP was around $40,000 I got it for $35,800. My initial plan was to just pay only the dmv fees and first months payment, however my monthly was coming close to around $420-30 and I wanted to keep it under $400. My tags, tile, dealer fees all came to around $1650 and the remaining was applied to my cap cost. My money factor was 0.00113975 which is around 2.7% finance rate, which I thought was not too bad. I think I got a good deal, however I agree with you that I would have like to not put down $3000 of my cash for a lease. Main motivation was keeping my payments a bit low as well. My monthly now is $399. My residual on this is $23,350.
  • nyelitericannyeliterican Member Posts: 2
    =*( no reply at all
  • alexnj1alexnj1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I got the offer for $472 with zero down (just 1st monthly payment) for 2012 Acura TL with Tech package. Just wounder is it good one or I should try to get something better?
  • alexnj1alexnj1 Member Posts: 2
    I forgot to mention that this is for 36 months/12000 miles
  • drmattpdrmattp Member Posts: 6
    What dealership? I'm looking to do the same.
  • dfwcarguydfwcarguy Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking to purchase a 2012 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech. What is the residual and standard money factor for 36 month with 10k miles. Not Super Preferred tier but standard. Is there any dealer cash available?
    edited December 2011
    Hi dfwcarguy. Acura's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 TL AH-AWD Tech with 10,000 miles per year are .00114 and 56%, respectively for consumes who qualify for its top credit tier. I haven't seen the rates for lower tiers, but I'll look into them for you.

Acura is currently providing $1,250 dealer cash on this car. Make sure to take it into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
  • silvermoonsilvermoon Member Posts: 1
    I signed up 2012 TL with tech package at $475/Month with 12K miles/Year $305 Admin fee at the signup.
  • dfwcarguydfwcarguy Member Posts: 4
    Thank you for your help. The dealership stated the standard rate was .00420 I thought that was to high... I don't understand why but my last car was financed with HFS at 2.9% promo rate in 2008 and nothing has changed in credit. If you could look into it will be appreciated.
  • mjt9090mjt9090 Member Posts: 5
    I'm looking to lease a 2012 Acura TL Advanced. What is the residual and money factor for 36 month with 12k miles out of Los Angeles. Also, Thanks a ton for all your help! With your info last December I leased a 2011 MDX for my wife for only $490 a month that included the 9.75% sales tax with only $500 upfront for license. You saved me thousands! Keep up the good work.
This discussion has been closed.