Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW 7-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi riz3216. The easiest way to evaluate this deal would be to look at this car's MSRP and selling price. Do you have these figures? The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without these numbers it is more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • ekaplanekaplan Member Posts: 3
    That appears to be a great lease price. Why am I paying $1400 plus for 3 years on a 2011 750 LI with mileage, I believe, to be a 12,500 a year.
    And how long should I wait to go into a new 2013 when this lease not ending until early fall.
  • nother1inlinenother1inline Member Posts: 12
    My car is finally here - A 750i with MSRP 98,395 with a lease price of 1,120 for 36 months @ 10k miles per year

What do you say Car_man?
    Hi nother1inline. What exact model is this again? Also, what was your selling price? Let me know and I'll tell you what I think. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • wiseguy33wiseguy33 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man,

What are the residual values and Money Factor for both the 740Li and the 750Li for 36 months, 10K miles per year for January? Also, is BMW offering any incentives for the 7 series?

Thanks.
  • scottg61376scottg61376 Member Posts: 2
    All, getting ready to purchase a '13 740Li Xdrive with exec, cold, drivers assist, M Sport, B&O packages. I know there is $4,200 available in incentives, curious to know if most have negotiated purchase price at invoice or below?
  • doctorg24doctorg24 Member Posts: 15
    Is it unrealistic to expect to get a 740Li xdrive at the advertised $889/month with $3500 down? I am trying to get a dealership to agree to those terms, but they are giving me the run around.

Also, are acquisition fees different at different dealerships, or are these guys trying to pull a fast one on me?

Thanks!
    Doc
  • rialto11rialto11 Member Posts: 1
    Hello CarMan,
    thank you for all the advice. I have ordered a 750ix, getting about 6% off Euro delivery MSRP. I have to lease it in order to get the $4250 rebate. I offered to provide 7 security deposits. What is a reasonable money factor , before the discount for the deposits( they offer a 56% residual for 36M, 10K/year).
    Many thanks!
    Hi wiseguy33. BMW Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 740Li with 10,000 miles per year are .00130 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 750Li are .00130 and 55%.

When negotiating your deal on either of these cars, make sure to take advantage of the $3,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of them.

Car_man
    Host
    Oh yeah, there's $750 in owner loyalty cash on top of that as well if you're a returning BMW customer. Just thought that I'd add that in case you weren't aware of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Doc . BMW charges a $725 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. Dealers have the ability to mark this fee up by a couple hundred dollars and often do so. You should look at this mark-up essentially as part of your vehicle's purchase price.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome rialto11. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 750ix with 10,000 miles per year are .00130 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Any reduction for multiple security deposits would come off of that factor.

I don't see a lot of Euro Delivery deals, so I'm not 100% positive that this special money factor is available on that sort of deal, but I believe that it is.

Car_man
    Host
  • wiseguy33wiseguy33 Member Posts: 4
    Thank you Car_man!
    You're very welcome wiseguy33.

Car_man
    Host
  • kickazzz2000kickazzz2000 Member Posts: 17
    Car_man,

I am looking at a discounted leftover 2012 750i (regular wheelbase) and wanted to know the residuals and money factors for 10,000 and 12,000 miles per year. I'd imagine the residuals would be a little lower since its a 2012 and the 36 months would be up in 2016.

Thanks!

Kevin
    Hi Kevin. BMW Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 750i with 12,000 miles per year are .00100 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

I believe that dealers were paid out $7,500 dealer cash on leftover 7s that they had in inventory, so make sure that you're getting a selling price that's well under dealer invoice on this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • kickazzz2000kickazzz2000 Member Posts: 17
    Thanks Car_man,

I would imagine that the 13,000 off is due to the dealer cash. Certainly couldn't hurt to subtract another $7,500 from that total.

The car is $92,375 with $13,000 off right off the bat. Was hoping to score it for closer to 70K.

They have 7 of them on the lot discounted like that, so it does appear that they have a glut of inventory.

KK
  • rr4mywiferr4mywife Member Posts: 60
    Hi Car_Man,
    Would you have the MF and residual rates for a 2013 750ix for both 12K and 15K miles. Are you aware of any incentives on 2013 models? Thanks
    Greetings rr4mywife. BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 750ix with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

BMW is currently providing a $3,500 cash incentive on leases of this car through BMW FS.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you Car_Man. Switching gears here ... went to the dealer yesterday and got the following quote on a 2013 740 LiX, with cold weather and M Sport (which is essentially free), BMW Apps:
    - MSRP: 82,545
    - Sell price: 78,666
    - MF: 0.00130
    - Residual: 55%
    NYS taxes (8.625%) rolled into the payment, 36 month lease at 15K miles per year:
    Total upfront: 2,488 (1rst month, bank, tags, etc.)
    Monthly: $1,098/month

Is this a good deal? I need to move on this by 3/31. Would appreciate any advise.
    Thx
    Hi rr4mywife. The money factor that you were quoted looks good. Does the selling price that you were quoted include the $3,500 cash incentive that is being offered by BMW, or is that being taken off from that? Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to negotiate a larger discount than this. All told, between in incentives and the spread between MSRP and invoice there's probably at least $11,000 to play with on this car. It wouldn't hurt to comparison shop some more.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes, it does include the 3,500 incentive. Thanks for the advice. Will car shop this week and close a deal soon. Thanks again.
    I just signed a lead for 12K, 750LIx, 2012, $93,000 plus, and the lease was $1,107 plus sales tax. No money down.
    @ekaplan .... mind if I ask what area you live in and the dealer? Thx
    North Shiore, Massacbusetts, prefer to not mention actual dealer but you can email me direct at [email protected] to discuss further.
  • jvergarajvergara Member Posts: 42
    Dear Car_Man:
    Could you please let me know what are the latest available residual values and MF to lease a 2013 740i for 36 months / 10k miles per year. I plan to do a ED, so any incentives that you are aware of for this model that you could share are greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks
    You're very welcome rr4mywife. How did everything turn out?

Car_man
    Host
    I;d be happy to help you out jvergara. BMW Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 740i Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00129 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Great - Thanks. I spoke to the Massachusetts dealer and we are working on a deal.
    You're welcome rr4mywife. Make sure to stop back and let us all know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
    Many thanks Car_man. Any rebates / credits at this time that you are aware of?. I'm a current BMWFS client living in Florida
    You're very welcome jvergara. BMW's providing a $3,000 cash incentive on leases of the 7 in April. There's another $750 plus the waiver of your first payment for you as a current BMW owner.

Car_man
    Host
  • charliemcharliem Member Posts: 12
    I got a quote on a 2013 BMW 750lix.
    executive package
    cold weather
    m sport package
    msrp $99,795 because it instantly discounts $3300 for m sport package.
    They told me selling price is $81,820

I am a current BMWF customer. I have 4 months left on my current they will let me out of now at no cost.

I need 15k miles a year for a 36 month lease

I was quoted a payment of $1028 a month with 6% sales tax included. total down payment is $2082.

I was told money factor is .00159 and residual is 55%.

Does this sound right?

What is the money factor and residual for this vehicle?

If my credit is tier 2 what does the money factor jump to?

Thank you
  • jasonmdbmwjasonmdbmw Member Posts: 117
    MF jumps to .00149 I believe and the RV is 55% like they quoted you
  • rjdoc74rjdoc74 Member Posts: 16
    Hi Car_man,

What are current incentives on 2013 740i? I know there is M sport credit, $750 loyalty and $3000 dealer cash. Anything else? I hear numbers like $13000 off MSRP, is this possible? Also, I understand that MF is 0.00127 and residual is 58% for 10K miles per year, is this correct?
    Everything you stated is correct except for the $13,000 off MSRP. Dont see how that's possible considering there are no other incentives besides the loyalty and $3000 dealer cash
    What about Ultimate Driving Event :)))))

Also, my local dealer has 38 (thirty eight!) 740i's in stock. How much under invoice should I offer for one? I say at least 2-3K under.
    As long as you sign up for it and go on the date your dealer has it, then yes you can get that but still doesnt add up to $13,000 off MSRP. The max I'm coming up with is about $10,800 and thats invoice minus the $3000, $750 loyalty, and $1000 ultimate driving event. If you qualify for the Military program then that you would get you near $13,000 off MSRP.

And 38 740's?! Damn that is insane! What dealer is that?!
    edited May 2013
    Hi rjdoc74. The money factor and residual value that you mentioned are indeed correct. The cash incentives that you mentioned are correct as well. The only thing that I am aware of that you missed is the waiver of the first month's payment for loyal customers as well.

$13,000 off MSRP sounds very aggressive. If you include the M Sport discount and all of the cash incentives that probably puts you at around dealer invoice, depending upon how the car is equipped. Most units in inventory now already include the free M Sport Package on the sticker so you'd probably be looking at around ten grand max.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you both. I am hoping to see more aggressive intensives in June. It would be great to see a little residual bump and dealer cash increase to $5k. That would put lease payment on a $76000 MSRP car with free M sport at low $600/month. Now that would be a deal!
    Hi rjdoc74. BMW's May lease program for the 7 is scheduled to run through July 1st. I don't expect BMW to make any significant unscheduled enhancements to its offers for this model in June, but you never know. A lot will depend upon what the May sales were like, which we find out on Monday.

Car_man
    Host
  • roman7roman7 Member Posts: 15
    Hi car_man! Can you figure the best deal on the 2013 BMW 750LI x drive, MSRP is $110725 (that already includes $3300 credit for M package) and I will have a loyalty credit $750 and $3000 from BMW if I lease for 36 month with 10K miles per year and would like to use another $3000 down payment. The BMW site says about a special $979 plus taxes.
    Is any way to get this deal on 2013 BMW 750 IL x drive with MSRP $110725?
    Please help to clear up the deal. The money factor is 0.0027 I think is good till July 05, 2013
    Thank you!
    Hi Car man! I have a quote on 2013 BMW 740 LI xdrive on 36 month lease with 10K per year $1205 +tax, MSRP $100475, sale price $93935 and down payment just $3750 (3000+750 money from BMW).
    Is it right deal?
    I have had $1175 with taxes from other lease calculators! Am I right?
    Please help me out!
    Thank you! :confuse:
    Hi roman7. The $979 advertised payment that you have seen is based upon a vehicle that has an MSRP of $95,725, so a car with an MSRP of $110,725 will almost certainly have a higher payment. That's even the case if you are able to negotiate a larger discount than the one that was used in the official advertised payment.

I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on the exact car that you are interested in for you. However, in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with a selling price for it, or at least its dealer invoice price. You can look up this car's invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

The .00270 money factor that you were quoted is way out of line. BMW FS' buy rate for this model is .00127 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the additional information, roman7. The selling price that you were quoted looks good.

Let's work up a payment on this car and see what we come up with. I get a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $1,184. With the $3,750 down payment that payment drops to $1,075.

Car_man
    Host
  • enateenate Member Posts: 1
    Hello, Car-Man,

Was hoping you could help me with a lease? 2013 740i with sticker of $77,841 w m sport on it. I have BMW drive $1000 and the $3000 build out. Was hoping you can tell me what my payment would on a 10k year lease a total of $3500 out of pocket 36 months. Was also thinking of doing the MSD program to lower the money factor if you could please include info on that as and what it would do to the payment. please let me know if there is any other incentives you would know of that would help a non BMW owner. Thank you in advance for all your help and advice.

Sincerely,

Enate
    Thank you Car_man! I appreciate a lot! We have checked my credit and the dealer said it's tier II, and BMW needs use the MF 0.00167 instead 0.00127 for 36 month with 10K a year.
    So, the dealer come up with $1890 my first payment and fees to drive out, $3750 money like a down payment from BMW and sale price $93935, MSRP $100345, RV - 58% and payment with taxes (7.9%) - 1253.21
    Is it sounds right and attractive? Or I have to work harder and take extra off from dealer's profit?
    Thank you!
  • dude39dude39 Member Posts: 1
    Thought I would share this since this forum helped me so much.

Just leased an 2013 740i with saddle napa leather, lighting, m sport package, BMW apps, and contour seats. Deal points as follows

MSRP $82,045
    Selling Price $72,600. (Reflects $3,000 rebate and ultimate driving event)
    36 month lease
    15k mi/yr
    MF.00127
    Residual 55 percent
    $5,750 drive off
    Payment is $833 plus tax

Thanks to this forum for the data. It helped me a lot.
  • fabeneagfabeneag Member Posts: 3
    This forum has been very helpful so I thought I would share my recent lease from a Boston-area dealer :

740 LiX with Executive Package, M Sport, Cold Weather, Lighting, Bang & Oelsen

MSRP was $92,395.

36 months lease with 12,000 miles worked out to $1,050 per month including sales tax. $2,500 total out of pocket up front. Deal also included the dealership making one of my last four lease payments on my 535 ($850), BMW making the last three payments and applying the $3,000 BMW Credit and the $750 Loyalty Credit.

It's a LOT more car than my 535 for only $200 per month more payment.
    Dear Carman,
    Would you please let me know the MF and Residual for a 10k yr 36 month lease for a 740i flr the month of July as soon as they are available?. I have excellent credit and I am also a BMWFS current client
    Many thanks!
    Jose
This discussion has been closed.