Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier Cadillac SRX Lease Questions

Comments

• lars1281lars1281 Member Posts: 36
    Car Man:

I am looking at doing a 39 month lease on a 2010 luxury edition with nav. MSRP is $43,790. Few questions for you.

1. THey say no incentives for me. I am currently in an SRX lease. Is there a $600 rebate?

2. THey are quoting me .0018 money factor from us bank. This is 4.32%. Is this correct?

3. Residual is 52% with the lower 10k miles/yr. on a 39 month lease...

4. I got the supplier price of about $2k off from my company. Out the door is $4000 out pocket nad $600k/month. THis seems like a lot down and a lot per month.. thoughts??
  • tezzztezzz Member Posts: 15
    I have checked 2 different places. The most I could get was $1000 off MSRP for 2010 luxury pack. I have check what happed for the first generation of SRX. It was very hot for the first 6 months like this 2nd generation. Guess what?? After that people paid 7-8K off from MSRP. So I decide to wait for another 6-8 months. My 08 FX35 is still like brand new. Don’t need to hurry to pay over $100 more for 39 months. It is a HOT truck by the way.
  • phantom12phantom12 Member Posts: 8
    ny joe,
    you have the best deal i've seen yet. i wouldve taken it and ran. the only thing is they will only let you redeem $1,000 in GM points at a time, so $300 of your earnings will not be credited to that price. figure your out of pocket to be $3,500 instead of $3,200. the best deal i could find was : 2010 awd, luxury with nav, and rear entertainment for 39 mo. , 12k, $ 599.00 mo. w/ 2k upfront. and believe me, i played every dealer against each other.your deal is sweet. who did you go to?
  • srx010srx010 Member Posts: 4
    Car Man:

I have a buy price of $37,800 for a 2010 SRX with a MRSP of $40,230.
    What should my lease payments be for a 36 or 39 month lease for 12,000 or 15,000 miles per year. thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey bigliljen. You're actually lucky that your vehicle got pushed back into December, for some reason GMAC bumped up its residual values for the SRX by a couple of points this month.

Its current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Cadillac SRX FWD Performance with 12,000 miles per year are 3.55% and 50%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are 4.2% and 40%.

Yes, the $600 cash incentive on leases through GMAC really does exist.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi lars1281. General Motors is currently providing the $600 cash incentive that you mentioned on leases through GMAC. On top of that, I believe that you should be eligible for the $500 cash incentive that consumers who opt not to go with GM's 60-Day money back guarantee are entitled to.

GMAC's December base lease rate for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Cadillac SRX is 3.55%. That is equivalent to a money factor of around .00148. GMAC just raised its residual values for the 2010 SRX, but I can't tell you what the exact resid should be for the model that you're interested in without a detailed description of it.

I definitely would not pay $4,000 at lease signing on this truck if I was in your shoes. The less you can get away with paying at signing, the better. Consumers who plunk a lot of money down on leased vehicles are at risk of losing part or all of it if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You can and should go with a zero down lease on this truck. Don't pay any cap cost reduction on it, just your first month's payment, security deposit, and acquisition fee.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi srx010. Let's crunch some numbers and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 Cadillac SRX Luxury AWD (you never mentioned the specific trim level that you're getting. Let me know if you're going with something else because it makes a difference) that has an MSRP of $40,230 and a selling price of $37,800 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $577.

The payment for a 36-month, 12,000 mile per year lease drops to around $556.

The payment for a 39-month, 15k lease would be around $559. The 39-month, 12k payment would be around $540.

Car_man
    Host
  • srx010srx010 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks car_man for the numbers on the 2010 SRX.. I know you say never to put money down on a lease. But I have $2,000 in GM points. Should that come off the $37,800 or do I have to use the $2,000 as money down on the lease. How much does that take off the $559 - 39 mth 15K lease ? thanks
  • caddydan76caddydan76 Member Posts: 2
    The first gen of SRX was not this HOT! I have a 6-8 week wait to order as we have sold out. Also, they dropped MSRP and mark up A LOT over previous version. My average mark up is only $2,000-$2500.
  • bigliljenbigliljen Member Posts: 28
    Thanks CAR MAN! I pick it up this Friday from the dealership, so I will post what my final numbers are like!!

bigliljen
  • lars1281lars1281 Member Posts: 36
    Car Man:

Opted for the 2010 RX350 AWD with Premium/COmfort/NAV.. See my entry on Lexus forum. $47k car (about the same as the SRX I was looking at).. $2000 down vs. $4000 and same $600 payment.

I wanted to buy Cadillac but was not willing to pay an extra $2000. Now I know why GM is coming out of bankcruptcy.
    srx010,

as far as i know, you can't use more than 1,000 gm points on any givin deal. it was not like that before, but when i went shopping for a new gm this week, that was what i was told from everyone i dealt with. maybe different from state to state though.
    I was told by a dealer, that the $600 rebate is through GMAC financing only. They said you are better off to go through US bank, cause they have higher residuals and better rates. I was quoted residuals on a FWD Performance: 36=51%/39=49%/48=40%.

Hope this helps,
    bigliljen
  • roho1roho1 Member Posts: 318
    What are GM points and how do you get them?

I have the original GM credit card and have more than $2000 saved up. As far as I know I can still use all of that and I plan to in a few months. If not It will bring a Lexus more into the mix.
    the $2000 you have saved are your gm points. i have used all of them in the past to pay for all of my fees when buying a gm car, but they no longer let you use more than $1000 at a time. i recently (last week) tried to use em all , and got denied. theres a limit now, i dont know why...
    I just checked my GM card earnings program rules and there is nothing stated anywhere about a limit for redemption. I think you must be referring to a different program. Never has the card I have use the term points.
  • ny_joe1101ny_joe1101 Member Posts: 15
    I went to King ORourke in Smithtown.

Talk to George.

I also visited Atlantic in Bay Shore. They are thieves. Advertise specials on cars not even in stock and then won't honor it.
    If you have the original card I believe there are no limits.

I f you have the Flexible earnings card or any of the newer cards you are limited.
    i have the original card also, and was always allowed to use all the points at any givin time, but that changed. sat down to sign the papers for my srx last week, and that was what went down. i didnt beleive it either, until i got on the phone with the card reps. sorry..... i hate to be the bearer of bad news , but i'm afraid its true. 1000.00 limit.
    my card never had term limits or restrictions either.....until now. don't know why. it just does. maybe,like i sais earlier, it varies from state to state.
    You keep referring to the term "points" so that is why I am skeptical.
  • jsantangelojsantangelo Member Posts: 13
    I don't know about that.

I went to King ORourke and Atlantic and they both took my credit card and checked it over.

They both came back and told me I could use my full allottment of points.

This was on top of the GM Supplier pricing I get, Conquest rebate and Credit Union rebate. I just have a few months left on my Acadia and am struggling with rolling payments in or payiong up front.
    Well, the dealerships are morons. Although they both checked and both gaveme the same answer.......it's wrong.

I received a mailing from the GM card today. On pg.6 of this pamphlet it states clear as day that GM is instituting maximum redemptions on vehicles. It listed all the cars and the SRX was limited to $1000.

This would have pissed me off to find this when closing on a deal.
    that's exactly what happened to me. i sat down to sign on the dotted line, expecting to use all of my credit, them they hit me with the $ 1,000 limit. i was pissed to say the least. but what are you gonna do? it is what it is. and youre right the dealers are morons. the salesmen dont know anything.
    Well, after placing my order months ago, I finally drove home my 2010 Performance SRX, Grey Flannel, 20" chromes with ebony interior!! Final deal as follows:

MSRP=$42,425
    With GM Credit Union Discount=$39,967
    $500 Deposit placed at time of order, kept on vehicle as cap reduction= $39,197
    $500 discount plus $170 free mud guards, due to order delays given by dealer
    $38,697 final negotiated price
    52% residual for 39 months, 12000 miles
    3.6% MF=.0015
    US Bank Aquisition fee= $650
    Taxes=$2690
    No security depo
    No first month payment
    $536.95 per month

Took delivery from Shirey Cadillac in Oaklawn, IL.

It's a blast to drive! Hope this helps anyone looking to lease!
  • tmasjrtmasjr Member Posts: 30
    Bog Lil Jen;

When you took delivery, what did you pay total out of pocket? You wrote "No security depo
    No first month payment
    $536.95 per month'

Just the $536 out of pocket to start when you took delievry?

Thanks
    I am trying to lease by the end of the month, what can I expect;

I am currently leasing a GM product. Have access to GM Supplier Pricing, but according to this forum, its not smart to use it as you can negotiate a better deal by not mentioning it!!!

Hence, the LUX 1SB model MSRP 41300 and INVOICE of 37813. My questions are:
    1.) Can I get any lower than invoice with any incentives, if any apply to this new model.
    2.) What can I expect to see as the residual and MF, 52% 3.6%(.0015)
    3.) Is is possible to do any better than $0 out of pocket and $536 including tax x 39 months?

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

FYI: My '08 CTS had a higher MSRP and a lower monthly payment! How does GM do business like this?
  • ericzoomericzoom Member Posts: 213
    My 08' SRX has the same MSRP, and i have a much lower payment for the same term.
  • rexx08rexx08 Member Posts: 17
    I am looking at the same model (assuming, with the navigation/hard drive/camera, given the MSRP). There is currently a $1,000 manufacturer rebate. I am thinking that with that incentive, you should be able to get the car at or close to invoice. At invoice, with no cap cost reduction at closing, payments should be about $555-565/month (inclusive of sales tax), depending on sales tax where you live, for 39 month/12k per year. If you got $536/month tax inclusive, that is below invoice and great. What were you able to get?
  • shaker58shaker58 Member Posts: 130
    Hi car man,

Can you give me numbers for feb ny area. Also any rebates? looking for 39 and 12 miles or 36 months and 12 miles.
    Was quote 600 month and 700 out of pocket for 39 months with a 1000 conquest

thanks
    shaker58
    Does anyone know the current lease rates for the 2010 SRX? At the end of January, for a 39 month lease, 12k miles per year, I think the rates were 52% residual, .0015 money factor. Have they changed to 50% and .00145? Thanks.
    Can anyone go a step further and do 39 month figures for only 10,000 miles or the 10,000 isnt an option any longer?

What are new residual figures?

Thank you.
  • fxqxfxqx Member Posts: 2
    Ditto on this request as I'm looking to lease a SRX and haven't heard anything about money factor or residual for February. Any help would be great.

Thanks.
    It was only $2645 sales tax and a $695 bank fee.
    Here you go, shaker58. GMAC's February base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Cadillac SRX Luxury AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 3.55% and 51%, respectively.

In addition to the $1,000 conquest cash that you mentioned, there is a $600 cash incentive on GMAC leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rexx08. I believe that GMAC's residual values for this truck are exactly the same in February as they were in January. GMAC's current base lease rate for 39 month leases of it is 3.55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tmasjr. I haven't really checked into it, but I don't see why 10,000 mile per year leases wouldn't be an option any longer. This vehicle's 10k residual values are likely 1% higher than its 12k residuals.

Car_man
    Host
    Does anyone know the new lease rates for 2010 SRX Luxury (residuals and money factors for 12,000/year, 39 month lease) for March 2010? Any other incentives besides $1,000 Conquest? Thanks.
    I sure do, rexx08. Here you go. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Cadillac SRX Luxury AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 3.55% and 51%, respectively.

General Motors is currently providing a $300 cash incentive on leases of the SRX through GMAC.

Car_man
    Host
  • speedyhenspeedyhen Member Posts: 5
    So... I am looking/deciding between the SRX, the XC60 and the Q5 for my wifey! Now I got a H2 and a Tahoe and the wifey hates both cause of their size and being that we are looking to have kids in the next year or two, it only seems right that the SRX, Q5 or XC60 might be perfect choices

What are some prices you guys have gotten for a 36-month lease with 12,000 miles/year and no more than $2,000 drive-off (so down + all taxes + fees).

Here is the type of car I am looking for:
    3.0L FWD V6 Performance
    or
    3.0L FWD V6 Luxury

Please give me some of your feedback and approx. #s of what you guys have gotten, especially if your in California.

Much appreciated,

Henrik
  • robi40robi40 Member Posts: 2
    I am also interested in the FWD Luxury model. So far the best price I have been able to get, with no options added and no special color, is $0 down, $550/month (this includes taxes, fees, etc.) This is for a 39 month lease/12,000 miles/year. I am in New England, where the stock of these vehicles appears to be limited, so the dealers are not dealing. I also want to hear how others have done with this model
  • garykinggaryking Member Posts: 47
    edited March 2010
    Car_man,

My current lease is up in a couple of months, so I'm starting the hunt for a new one.
    (By the way, I would like to thank you for all of the money you have saved me over the years!)

What are the current 36/15 numbers on a AWD 2010 SRX?
    Does it vary for the diferent models?
    What are the current incentives?
  • jbouhadanajbouhadana Member Posts: 1
    Can someone share leasing program for SRX Performence, 39 months and 15k miles per year?
    - Residual Value?
    - Money Factor?

Going to do the deal today....
    Thank you
  • accardiaccardi Member Posts: 11
    so far deal is awd lux edition with navagation sunroof 48 month lease
    $538.00 12,000 miles 3750 down

car is $41,277 1000 off equals 40,277

or front wheel drive no nav and front wheel drive $477.00
    car is 38,235 disount to 36,738.00 3433 down
    You're very welcome, garyking. GMAC's March base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Cadillac SRX Luxury AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 3.55% and 49%, respectively. Its lease rate is the same for all SRX trim levels, but its residual values vary slightly.

General Motors is providing only a $300 cash incentive on leases of this model through GMAC.

Car_man
    Host
    I don't know if you're still interested, but just in case here's the information that you're looking for jbouhadana. GMAC's March base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Cadillac SRX Performance AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 3.55% and 46%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    JUST PICKED UP SRX 39M0NTH NAV LUX AWD
    515 PER MONTH AFTER MY TRADE IN DOWN WAS 5000 BUCKS GUESS I DID ALRIGHT THAT WAS ALSO THE 1000 CONQUEST AND 15K MILE LEASE
  • thedrakethedrake Member Posts: 14
    Is that a good price on a base AWD Luxury model?
    I HAVE POP UP NAV AND AWD AND FULL SUNROOF AND 39 MONTHS VS 48
    THATS DIFF OF 774 BUCKS PLUS 15K MILES I THINK I COULD HAVE GOT MORE MILES OUT OF THEM BUT MY TRUCK WAS SHOT
  • nmannnmann Member Posts: 6
    I'd appreciate a little help with this offer I've been given...

2010 SRX FWD Luxury package, no extra options

MSRP: $38,235
    Sale price: $36,700
    Cap cost rebate & Conquest: $1,300
    Final Price $35,400
    Due @ signing: $1,884.40 for 1st mo, bank fee, tags
    MF: 4.2%
    residual: 42%
    Mo pmt $538.40 (includes NJ tax)
    48 mo 12,000 mi/yr

This offer was with no negotiation on my part only internet price quote. I do not qualify for any other incentives other than $1,000 Non-gm and GM's $300.

I see past messages where people seem to be doing better. I want to pay as little out of pocket as possible, and No Cap Cost reduction. Can I do better? The sales price seems in line with edmunds tmv.

Thanks so much!
This discussion has been closed.