Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Yukon XL Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a GMC Yukon XL. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• liamsdad1liamsdad1 Member Posts: 2
    What might be a fair residual price on a 2005 Yukon XL 4WD. Located in the midwest, being quoted an invoice price of $41217 + $6000 rebate.

Very new to the lease game

thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi liamsdad1. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Unfortunately, General Motors' normal customer cash incentives are not compatible with its special lease program. Its cash incentives for leases are much lower. Furthermore, GM has stopped leasing 2005 models. Most manufacturers cancel their lease programs on leftover models late in the model year because by that point their residual values have fallen so much that they have become too expensive to support a reasonable lease payment on. As a result, if you want to lease this truck you would have to do so through an independent bank.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • sbtmsbtm Member Posts: 1
    What kind of a deal does this sound like?
    2007 Denali XL every option except retractable running boards: MSRP is 57,655.
    Cap Cost: 53318.49
    Residual: 36322.65, This is based on a 12000 mile per year lease. It is 63% of the 57655.00 list price.
    Monthly Payment: 832.32
    Monthly Use Tax : 66.17
    Total Payment: 898.49
    Total due at lease signing: 898.49
    First year Registration of 985.60 is included.

Is this worth completing?

Thanks
    Hi sbtm. A 2007 GMC Yukon Denali XL has a spread of over $4,300 between its MSRP and dealer invoice price. That is right around the discount that you were quoted. There's some dealer cash and regional lease cash floating around out there, so the dealer that you are working with is making something on this deal, but overall I would say that this is an attractive price. Make sure that the dealer you are working with uses GMAC's base lease rate of 6.9% to calculate your monthly payment and you are in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • jordangdjordangd Member Posts: 1
    My wife has a 2004 Denali XL Finance Car, which she wants to trade in On 2007 Denali XL New Lease Car, The trade in value on finance car is 24k, her par off is 30K, My question is can you explain to me how the dealer with calculate the 6K into the new lease car, an example would help. Thanks for your help
  • pmannymoepmannymoe Member Posts: 24
    Car_man,

I qualify for corporate partner pricing at GMAC. From quotes from a dealer it seems like this gives me invoice pricing without having to negotiate down to it. Is this how it works? Also, with the current $2k rebate, is that only for a purchase or should that reduce the cap cost of a lease as well? i.e. If I am at invoice price due to the partner pricing, does the rebate still apply, thus giving me a cap cost of invoice less $2k? THANKS and Happy Holidays!
  • diann4diann4 Member Posts: 2
    Interested in a 2007 yukon xl fully loaded. We are getting the employee discount (gms) and the salesperson told us today there is no negotiating on lease once you get the employee discount. Is this true? The lease payment is just take it or leave it? I would aprreciate a quick reply because my escalade lease is ending.
    Hi jordangd. It appears as though you are currently around $6,000 upside down on your present vehicle. If I personally was in your situation I would wait until I was less upside down to get a new vehicle. If your wife really can't wait, you will either have to roll the $6,000 negative equity that you have in your current truck into your new lease or pay it out of your own pocket at lease signing. There is a good chance that there is not enough of a margin to bury all of the $6,000 in your new lease even if you want to, so you are probably going to end up having to put some money down. The bottom line is that you are going to end up paying much more to lease your new Yukon XL than you would if you had waited until you are leas upside down on your current vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi pmannymo. General Motors' supplier purchase price is not exactly dealer invoice, but it is probably fairly close to it. Unfortunately, the $2,000 customer cash that is available on the 2007 GMC Yukon XL, it was actually reduced to $1,750 in January, is not compatible with leases through GMAC.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi diann4. What you were told is basically correct. General Motors' employee purchase program provides consumers who are eligible for it with an attractive selling price without any haggling. As long as the dealer you are working with is using GMAC's base lease rate to calculate your truck's monthly payment you really cannot negotiate. GMAC's current base lease rate for the 2007 GMC Yukon XL is an unattractive 7.2%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • ras25ras25 Member Posts: 1
    My lease is going to be up in August. I have a 2003 GMC Yukon XL with the 6.0 V8 Engine with Approx. 60,000 Miles. Should I contact the dealer to return early or wait till the end? Does it make sense for me to purchase the vehicle or turn in and pay for extra mileage and such? Do they make better deals if you intend to pay in full at time of purchase.
  • safire1993safire1993 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman, I currently lease an O5 Yukon XL. I have a loaded SLT and pay under 500 a month. I had the GM Card cash down. Now, I am looking to lease a 2007. I can't find ANY deals. I am in the Midwest and was wondering if you know of any deals or alternatives to the Yukon? I test drove the Acadia and it was the Grand Prix in SUV form - no thanks! I really need that third row for car pooling. My husband wants me to lease an Odyssey. Can you suggest any good lease deals with a third row seat, high safety rating and non minivan? Should I hold out hope for the Yukon? The three dealers I have contacted are in the 800 a month range. One dealer didn't even return my calls :P .
    Hi safire1993. If you can't find any good deals on the GMC Yukon XL, you can always take a look at the Chevrolet Suburban. Perhaps there is a Chevy dealer in your area that charges more reasonable prices than the local GMC dealer(s). If all you are concerned about is having a third row and getting a good deal, check out the Honda Pilot. It is a great truck that comes with three rows. It's not as big as the Yukon XL though. Off of the top of my head, a few other alternatives that have third row seating that you may want to consider include the Dodge Durango, Nissan Pathfinder, Jeep Commander, Toyota 4Runner, and Toyota Highlander, and Volvo XC90.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • carolynncarolynn Member Posts: 1
    Hi Safire, I am in your exact same boat! I currently lease an 05 Envoy XL and am looking for something with that 3 row (car pooling etc...) but also with some cargo space behind that 3rd row ... which is why I was thinking the Acadia might be a great fit. Hearing you call it a Grand Prix in SUV form makes me rethink that plan though!!! My requirement is I stay American made though. Wondering when GMC is going to start offering some better lease deals. Anyone with information on better pricing - please let us know!
  • rshtrsht Member Posts: 277
    Hi all, going from a Yukon XL to any other Japanese SUVs is quite a reduction in size... When I was shopping for a SUV, even the Sequoia was kinda tight comparing with the regular length Yukon... But, if size is not that big of an issue (i.e. like a Pilot or Land Cruiser...) then a lot of the Japanese cars/trucks/SUVs are in fact built and assembled in the USA otherwise Canada or Mexico. Believe it or not, quite a number of domestic autos are built in Canada and Mexico now a days. Last but least, it is my opinion, to stay away from Dodge, Chryseler and family of cars/SUV, yes even Benz; they really are just NOT reliable in general. Best wish in your choice and in getting a good deal. Oh! BTW, if a particular car/SUV was build in Japan, its VID number will consists of a "J" to indicate its origin (you car sales person should know). One of the SUVs that are build in Japan is the Toyota Land Cruiser or the Lexus LX470 for sure.
  • steveprintsteveprint Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to lease a new Denali XL and have gotten prices that seem high. I am looking at a truck that is fully loaded at $59k sticker and I qualify for the GMS discount which prices the truck at $51k. I am getting 36 month lease prices of $800 per month for 12k miles per year. Is it true that the dealer can still negotiate the lease prices even when the GMS discount is involved? What is the residual on a truck like this? Also to make matters more confusing, on the GM family discount web page they offer a Denali lease (not an XL) for $650 per month with 15K miles per year MSRP $55k(loaded). I figured the XL should be about $50 per month more. Which puts me according to my calculations $750 per month including tax not the $800 I am getting quoted. Are the residuals better on the escalades that will allow me to get more truck for the same lease payment?
  • suv_jerrysuv_jerry Member Posts: 3
    Steve, the numbers you are being quoted sound right. I just leased a fully loaded XL Denali with a sticker of $59k today. I only took the 10k miles and a 39 month term and am paying $807 before taxes. Today was the last day to get the $1,500 rebate applied to the GMAC lease which is rarely seen for leasing. The price they are basing the lease on is $53,795 so with a little discount and the rebate I am happy with the deal. It's close to what Edmunds TMV says. Despite the approaching $4 per gallon for gas, The 2007's are very hot and dealers seem to be able to move them quickly in the the tri-state area of NY-NJ-CT.

Hope this helps. Can't wait to pick up the truck tomorrow! Black with black interior. Oh yeah, this is our second black XL Denali in the family as my wife has a 2006. We love it. Turning in my 2004 Pilot EX which I loved, just not enough storage behind the heavily used third row.

I think one reason I wanted to own two XL Denalis is to spite Gore!! I must be in good company as no one in this thread is a global warming evangelist.

I'm sure by the time we lease our next on we will get the full hybbrid version if available in the XL version. So Al can rest easy.

Any other recent lease stories out there?
    Hi steveprint. The fact that you qualify for GMS pricing on the Yukon Denali XL that you are interested in should enable you to get the lowest possible price on it without having to haggle. You can always double check that the dealer you are working with is using GMAC's base lease rate and residual value of 7.2% and 60% to calculate your monthly payment. GMAC's lease rate on the Cadillac Escalade ESV is slightly better, 6.15%, but its residual value is 5 points lower.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • atfosteratfoster Member Posts: 1
    The ad reads: New 2007 GMC DENALI XL $499/month Sale Price includes all incentives plus destination. 39 month lease, 10,000 miles per year, $2000 plus 1st, plus tax, W.A.C My 1st question, what is W.A.C? 2nd question, how does a trade-in work with a lease? If you were to negotiate $5000 for your trade-in, would the dealer require that the $5000 be put towards the lease or can you request it as cash back? 3rd question - if the residual is high, is that something that you can negotiate? How can I determine a fair residual? Thank you in advance for your advice.
  • catamcatam Member Posts: 331
    I am looking to lease an 08 Denali XL. I am wondering if anyone knows the current money factor/ lease details available. Specific ?'s I have are what is the current residual % used on 36,39 mo lease; is residual calculated based on MSRP or actual cap cost; does anyone know how sales tax works for calculating lease pymt when you have a trade in (do you still get sales tax credit on trade in value?); I live in Utah if that matters. Hopefully a host can help or anyone else. Thanks, Chris.
    Hi catam. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 GMC Yukon XL with 15,000 miles per year are 7.2% and 60%, respectively. The lease rate for an otherwise identical 39 month lease would be the same, but the residual value would be 59%. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. The residual value percentages should be multiplied by the full MSRP of the vehicle that you want, including the destination charge and any options that can be residualized.

I am not personally familiar with how sales tax is calculated on leased vehicles in Utah, but you might be able to find out by visiting the Utah DMV or Utah State Tax Commission sites.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • mrcrmrcr Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone know the current money factor and residual for a Denali? 36, 39 and 48 months.

Thanks,

Rick
    Hello Rick. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali with 15,000 miles per year are 7.2% and 60%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 7.2% and 59%. The 48 month numbers are 7.2% and 52%. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, these residual values would be 3% higher. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for vehicles. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400, so a lease rate of 7.2% would be equivalent to a money factor of around .00300. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 bonus cash that GM introduced on it mid-month.

Car_man
    Host
  • duncan66duncan66 Member Posts: 10
    Car_man - are those lease rates still in effect for April? - I'm looking to lease a 2008 GMC Yukon XL 2500 for 3 years with 15k miles per year.
    Thanks
    Hi duncan66. GMAC's April base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 GMC Yukon XL with 15,000 miles per year are 7.2% and 60%, respectively. If you are the current owner or lessee of a GM vehicle, you are eligible for a $1,000 owner loyalty incentive on this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • chris7469chris7469 Member Posts: 4
    Gentlemen:

We leased a 2008 White Denali with a sticker of 59,700 for $782.13 per month including NJ Sales Tax. Total upfront costs were $2,840, however that only covered me for 3 yrs and 36,000 miles. Included in that $2,840 was a $500 additional upfront payment for a bumper to bumper warranty for the extra 3 months and 9,000 miles. (Was that a smart move?) There is a refundable $800 security deposit and no disposition fee.

Its a 39 month lease with 15,000 miles per year through GMAC.

The truck is loaded with the dual DVDs, touch Nav, retractable running boards, 20in wheels. We love it.

Did we get an ok, average or good deal on this 08 Denali?

Thanks. CM
  • steveprintsteveprint Member Posts: 3
    I finally leased a 2008 Denali XL with all options except the power running boards 58,900 MSRP. I leased it for 39 months 12K miles per year. I paid only the first payment at delivery. No money down or security deposit. The payment is $729 including NJ sales tax. This is with the GM employee discount. The prices were actually better than I expected. I originally was going to get the shorter truck but it was only $30 a month more for the XL. Chris7469 you probably should have skipped the extra warranty since GM always runs the pull ahead program, allowing you to get out of your lease 2-3 months early as long as you lease another GM vehicle. Good luck. I hope you like the truck as much as I like my own.
    Steve
  • grogman1grogman1 Member Posts: 76
    Isn't there any recent posts regarding prices being paid on the Yukon? Tap, tap, tap hello is this thing on?????
  • okstate731okstate731 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone have lease rates and residual value of the 2011 xl Denali? Msrp of $63,665. Marked down to $57,920. Anyone know what monthly payments that would be for 39 months and 15,000?

Thanks
    Hi okstate731. Ally's June base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 GMC Yukon Denali XL 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.15% and 42%.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $1,825 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through All.

Car_man
    Host
  • penn2penn2 Member Posts: 128
    Hi

Confirming a dealer's recently stated lease figures for a 2011 Denali XL with 12K miles, 39 mos -- was told residual is .44 and rate was "1.15" Can that be correct?

Thank you!
    Hi penn2. The residual value that you were quoted looks right, but Ally's current base lease rate is only 0.15%. Make sure that the dealer uses this rate to calculate your truck's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_man

thank you for June response but have things improved now that we're in July in terms of leasing incentives/financing?

Also - when you say rate is .15% what does that translate to in money factor? (assuming June and july numbers are same) Just want to be prepared if they put forth numbers from both angles. Finally - would a 10k/yr mileage yield a residual that is dramatically better?

thanks!
    Car_Man:

sorry about repeated messages...but, finally got a dealer to move a bit but, not sure if this is good since I don't have a lot of the under-lying numbers(like the actual "selling price") but, here it is:

XL with Sun, Ent & Dest. package ...invoice = $57,899 MSRP = $62,290

39 mos lease
    10k/yr
    .15 base lease rate offered
    .45 residual
    $795/mo including tax, no money down except first mos. payment /tags

Good deal? More room to move?

Thanks so much!
    You're welcome penn2. A lease rate of 0.15% is equivalent to a money factor of around .00006.

Ally's July base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 GMC Denali XL 4WD with 12K miles per year are 0.15% and 44%.

Car_man
    Host
  • krm13krm13 Member Posts: 3
    Car man - Can you pass on the November numbers on a 2012 Yukon Denali XL?
    I certainly can krm13. Ally's November base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 GMC Yukon Denali XL AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.1% and 41%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

General Motors is currently providing a $2,925 cash incentive plus the waiver of the first month's payment on leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • ecloueclou Member Posts: 20
    Hi I am shopping for a Yukon SLT 4x4 (2012). GMC's website lists a low mileage lease right now terms 39 mos on a $41k car with a payment for $419. Can anyone tell me what the lease rate and residual is they are using and if I can apply that to the car I want which spec at near $56k?

Thanks!
    Greetings eclou. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 GMC Yukon SLT 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.1% ad 42%, respectively. This lease rate is available on all Yukon models, but the residual value varies by trim level.

GM is currently providing a $3,850 cash incentive on leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • ecloueclou Member Posts: 20
    Thanks car_man. Can you tell me the residuals for the leases on the Yukon XL SLT 4x4 and Denali XL AWD? I think we are leaning towards the big dogs. That's for a 36 mos lease. Thanks!
    No problem eclou. Ally's January base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 GMC Yukon XL SLT 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.1% and 39%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 Yukon XL Denali AWD are 1.1% and 40%.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $3,850 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • hyperwizhyperwiz Member Posts: 2
    Hi - looking for current numbers for Yukon (SLT, Denali) and Yukon XL. Can you provide 12K and 15K residuals. What rebates or incentives are avail through Ally and US Bank? Thanks!
    Here's the information that you're looking for hyperwiz. General Motors' March base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.1% and 39%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

GM is currently providing a $4,250 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this model through Ally.

Car_man
    Host

Man those are some bad residual values, this is going to be one expensive truck to lease.
  • lawkidslawkids Member Posts: 7
    Hi CarMan,

Can you please provide the May 2012 MF and residual % for a Yukon XL Denali (both RWD and AWD) at 10,000 miles for 36 and 39 months. Are there any current cash offers available from US Bank (it seems that historically they have had the best $'s).

Thanks!
  • fulltankfulltank Member Posts: 4
    Car_man - are May rates available yet? Trying to decide between the Denali XL and Cadillac ESV. Anyone have experience in both?
    Hi lawkids. Ally's May base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4WD with 10,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 42%, respectively. The numbers for a 39-month lease are 1.0% and 41%.

The lease rates would be the same for the 2WD model, but its residual value would be 2% lower.

GM is providing a $4,575 cash incentive on 36-month leases of the 2012 Yukon XL through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • adr2adr2 Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car Man -- just wondering if you had Ally's current base lease rates and residuals for a 36 month 2012/2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL 4WD lease with 15,000 miles per year. Also wondering if you know what the current cash incentives look like. Thanks so much for your help!
  • jb2ujb2u Member Posts: 14
    Appreciate if you would post current base lease rates and residuals for a 36 month 2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL 4WD (with sun/entertainment) at 12k and 15k miles per year. Insight on current cash incentives appreciated as well. Thanks!
    Hi jb2u. Ally's April base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 2.3% and 50%.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

General Motors is providing a $1,600 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • ucjjgucjjg Member Posts: 28
    Hi Car_Man,

Would you mind providing the residual and MF on a 36 Mo. Yukon Denali XL lease at 12,000 miles. Also, are you aware of any leasing incentives that may apply?

Thanks!