Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Pilot Lease Questions

Comments

• covcov Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    58% and .00061 were the same as what I was told on an EX-L. What are you putting down? Is it 4x4 or 2WD?
  • lildan0607lildan0607 Member Posts: 8
    That's not 0 down 1572 + 428 more like 2000down
  • milleniummillenium Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to buy an used 2011 Honda Pilot 2WD EX-L with Navigation with 11600 miles. Dealer price is $31000, what should I pay for drive out or with out TTL ?
  • kyliebradyappakyliebradyappa Member Posts: 41
    Car man....

Can you please provide Honda Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Pilot EX-L (NO navi or DVD) 2WD with 12,000 miles per year?

Also, are they still providing $1,500 dealer cash on the '12 models?

Thank you!!!
  • raineerainee Member Posts: 5
    Hello,
    The lease for our 2009 Honda Pilot is due in December..the dealership has been calling for months asking for our trade because we only have about 30k miles & it's in perfect condition.
    We love our Pilot & are interested in 2012 model..can anyone please assist in best pricing for this model, along with lease calculations? money factor, etc...
    Also, I think we're going to possibly have positive equity in our trade..how does that work with a lease deal??
    Thanks for the help!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi kyliebradyappa. Honda Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Pilot EX-L 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00061 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

I don't believe that Honda is currently providing any dealer cash on the 2012 Pilot.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • thegoldenbearthegoldenbear Member Posts: 2
    For the 2012 4WD Pilot Touring 36 month lease w/ 12,000 miles my numbers are:

MSRP: $41,630
    Sale Price: $36,654
    Lease Money Factor: .00051
    Residual: 54%

Quoted lease price was $495/month, no money down. This seems to be a higher lease price than the Edmunds calculator suggests ($455/mo), and I'm not sure why that is. Title and Registration couldn't add $40/month.

Does this sound like a fair deal? Any ideas on why the numbers don't match up?
    Thoughts?
  • pilotnoobpilotnoob Member Posts: 22
    Looking to lease a 2012 EX-L

I'm returning my current Pilot lease and I was wondering if these numbers sound right

residual on 09 Pilot $18,650

Trade in value $23,500

TMV for 2012 pilot EX-L $35,130

.00061 MF

$21,450 residual on 2012 Pilot

$307.00 a month target price
  • papakimpapakim Member Posts: 1
    I recently discovered the best lease calculator ever at a Honda dealership in Weymouth MA.

Go to this link to get ALL of the numbers/factors/prices on current Honda leases:
    http://www.weymouthhonda.com/lease/.
    I am amazed that they have done this. I have been leasing cars (as a consumer, I am not in the business) for 25 years and I have never seen even a fraction of the transparency and disclosure at this site. Weymouth Honda says "patent pending". All car dealers should make evaluating and buying this straight forward.

I live about 30 miles away from Weymouth and my local dealer couldn't believe it, when I showed them. Eventually he checked it out and matched the price.
    Thanks papakim

I just checked it out and it it very clear on concise.
    I will definitely use this in my negotiation.
  • andrewpgordonandrewpgordon Member Posts: 1
    @Papakim, I was actually the person who made the lease calculator. Glad it helped you. We put it together to help people like you. We never liked the closed door approach most dealers take and we thought there's got to be a better way. We in turn hope that people will come buy the cars from us because they appreciate our upfront approach and that we don't make them jump through hoops. Any suggestion as to how to make it better?

Andrew
    I'd be happy to help you out, rainee. Let's work up a sample payment on this truck and see what we come up with.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 Honda Pilot EX-L 4WD that has an MSRP of $36,980 and a selling price of $34,069 through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $385...assuming that you qualify for its top credit tier.

Have the dealer cut you a check for any equity that you have in your trade rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease. I always advise consumers not to make down payments on leased vehicles. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
  • spr130spr130 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all - I am negotiating a lease on a 2012 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Rear Entertainment System. I currently have a 2009 EX on lease and am really starting to realize how much equity there is in the '09 Pilot. The buy-out is $16,535, I have 47K miles.

The deal I have on the table is: $400/mo with no money down, inceptions totaling $973. I will ask for the breakout of everything when I'm ready to go, just curious as to what people think about these #s?

Monthly pmt: $400
    Inceptions: $973 (including 1st month payment)

I feel like i have more room considering '09s w/ like miles are listed for $23-25K.

Thoughts?
  • tex18tex18 Member Posts: 82
    Andrew, thank you so much for the calculator, I have it bookmarked on computer. However, I live in Texas, I have heard that Texas taxes on leases are a little different, are they the same for Mass?...........Thanks again for your calculator.
  • laser4laser4 Member Posts: 1
    I currently lease a 2009 Honda Pilot EX, 15,000miles/year at $424/mo. Lease is up 4/12, but the Honda dealer wants to buy out the lease early and put me in a 2012 for the same or less $. I see their deal is no $ down. I would like to get my payments ~$350-375/mo. Would this be possible? (Haven't met with them yet - appt. next week). Would it make much of a difference to go to 12,000miles/year? In general is it better to take less mileage with the possibility of going over, vs. paying for more miles than you need? I'm currently just over 12,000miles ave. annually. I could also "downgrade" to a LX to save $. Thanks for your guidance.
  • ppierce2ppierce2 Member Posts: 11
    This is the best dealership EVER. I live in Illinois but called them based on this forum. The price you calculate on their website is 100% the price they give you. No strings, no b.s. Its unreal.

Salesman said their margins are lower but they do a ton of business b/c of them being so above board. I am seriously considering having them ship me my vehicle if i can't get a dealer in Illinois to comply with their prices.
  • mike630mike630 Member Posts: 2
    Can you confirm the money factor (.00061) and the residual (60%) for a 2012 LX 4WD for New Jersey? Sales tax is 7%, is that right? Also, what are the registration and documentation fees in New Jersey?

Would all these numbers be the same for an EX-L?

We were told Honda includes gap insurance on all their leases, is that correct?

Thank you!
  • ifxgumsifxgums Member Posts: 7
    Can you please let me know what the current money factor and residuals are for a 2012 Touring Pilot 4wd. Thanks.
  • thegoldenbearthegoldenbear Member Posts: 2
    Andrew, one way to make it better would be able to change the sales price. I suppose you could do that by upping your "money down" even if you just plan on negotiating a better price, but would be great if you could play with that number a bit.
  • darkfudge07darkfudge07 Member Posts: 18
    I recieved a SIGN and DRIVE quote for a Pilot EX-L 4WD for 0 down and $389 /month plus NJ sales tax (6.25 or 7%) for 36mos 12K/yr

Is this a Fantastic deal or just a standard deal in NJ??

But my MAIN question is.......Is a sign and drive absolutely nothing out of pocket at the signing of the lease? Is the DMV, Registration, taxes, everything else simply rolled into your monthly payments?????

And finally, If I have a 2009 4WD Pilot EX-L lease that I am returning that has been completely payed off for 36 mos with a residual value of $18,200, is there any equity in it to use to my advantage to get either a check back or more reduced payments?....

If so, how should this be negotiated without pissing anyone off at the dealership???

thanks
  • ri55ri55 Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man,

My friend is offering me the following deal on a 2012 Honda Pilot Touring 2WD:

36 Months
    12,000 Miles
    $2,000 out of pocket
    $521/month (includes 7% tax) or $487 before taxes

I need your help working this deal out. Can you help calculate the payment?
    Is this a good deal?

Thanks for your help! It is very much appreciated!!!!
    Would anyone like to take a stab at this?...CarMan?...any other Honda salesmen or savvy shoppers who have done the research?

I recieved a SIGN and DRIVE quote for a Pilot EX-L 4WD for 0 down and $389 /month plus NJ sales tax (6.25 or 7%) for 36mos 12K/yr

Is this a Fantastic deal or just a standard deal in NJ??

But my MAIN question is.......Is a sign and drive absolutely nothing out of pocket at the signing of the lease? Is the DMV, Registration, taxes, everything else simply rolled into your monthly payments?????

And finally, If I have a 2009 4WD Pilot EX-L lease that I am returning that has been completely payed off for 36 mos with a residual value of $18,200, is there any equity in it to use to my advantage to get either a check back or more reduced payments?....

If so, how should this be negotiated without pissing anyone off at the dealership???

thanks
  • raineerainee Member Posts: 5
    ok, thank you! & good advice about the equity...we plan on turning in either Nov or Dec, any advice on which month is best? Are money factors or anything likely to change?
    edited November 2011
    Ok folks here is my latest price quotes...BEAT EM if you can!!

I have Penske Honda ( Nanuet Honda in NJ) owned by Penske offering me

a 2012 PILOT EX-L 4W for

36mos and 15,000 miles a year....(YES 15,000)

for a SIGN and DRIVE. Absolutely ZERO down and out of pocket and

35 more monthly payments of $410 (yes $410 that INCLUDES my NJ taxes!)

In exchange for this deal, they are taking my returned lease of a 2009 Pilot EX-L 4WD. My 36 months payments are all complete as of November and there is a residual value of $18,200 left on the return.

Beat it if you can folks....I worked hard negotiating this one. Im exhausted!
    nobody in NJ has the White Pilot EX-Ls....they seem to be in some sort of shortage right now....WHY!!??
    I hope I get my white one, or wife is gonna be mad.
  • mashkudmashkud Member Posts: 5
    I want to lease a fwd Honda pilot 2012 touring in Houston. Any advise on a good dealer and price?
    Ok folks...Here's the numbers on my PILOT 2012 EX-L 4WD Lease I just picked up last night in NJ. I think I might have gotten reemed on this one because I didnt know the equity on my return lease on my 2009 4WD Pilot EX-L that had 42,000 miles on it. So let me know what you guys think. Im thinking I could have worked the equity alot better on this 2012 Pilot lease.

I didnt take a dime out of pocket. It appears as if all the cash down was from the equity of the lease...but Im not so sure.

2012 Pilot EX-L 4WD
    36 mos/ 15,000 Miles Yr

Total Monthly payments $410 (NJ taxes incl )
    Total of Base Payments $14,760

Gross CAP Cost $36, 382
    CAP COST REDUCTION $2,379
    Adjusted CAP COST $34,003

Residual Value $20,339

Total of Payments $17,658

Credit for Honda Pilot 2009 EX-L 4WD trade in $3,308
    Trade In Value for 2009 Pilot $18,292
    Net Trade In Allowance $21,600
  • insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy Member Posts: 95
    Not bad but could have been a bit better. I think you could have got $23,000 for your trade-in assuming a clean carfax. You should have been at $297 per month if its just the EX-L without navi or RES.

I just did the same thing for a customer of mine - He had a 2009 EX-L with 35,000 miles on it. Buyout of lease was $20,200 and got $24,850 on trade in. Went into a 2012 EX-L with RES for 36 months and 12k miles. 0 out of pocket - $344 per month.
  • mashkudmashkud Member Posts: 5
    I want to lease a fwd Honda pilot 2012 touring in Houston. Any advise on a good dealer and price?
    Im sorry but did you say $344????....for a 4WD EX-L with NAV???

or $444?

I thought I got rooked, but I didnt realize I got REEMED! Im paying $410 with the NJ taxes included in that monthly price

How on earth did you get it down to $344??
  • jhoff75jhoff75 Member Posts: 1
    Hey - great info here. Looking for any guidance u may have regarding getting out of my acura rdx 2010 awd, non tech package lease, and into a ex-l non-navi pilot. I have 19500 miles and it's in great condition. Acura dealer is offering me about $500 less than the payoff ($26,000) to get out of the lease. How do I know if they are being straight up about the trade in. I'm in Maryland, would also be interested in what you think a good deal for the pilot would be (3 yr 12k mi). Thx!!
    HI insidecarbuy

How does your service work?

Do find me local deals or national ones?

Do you negotiate trade value?

In my opinion that is a big factor in these deals
    Hi mike630. Honda Finance's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Pilot LX 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00056 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 Pilot EX-L 4WD are .00056 and 55%.

Honda does indeed include gap insurance on its leases.

Doc fees vary from dealer to dealer. Ideally they should be as low as possible.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ifxgums. Honda Finance's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Pilot Touring 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00056 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ri55. It would be much easier to evaluate this deal if you were able to provide us with this truck's selling price. Do you know what it is? This is an important number for consumers to know because the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. One wouldn't finance a vehicle without knowing how much they were being charged for it. Leasing without knowing the selling price is very similar to that. Let us know and we'll tell you what we think.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi darkfudge07. Theoretically a sign and drive lease does not require the lessee to pay any money at signing. Having said that, the dealer can call a deal whatever they want to you had better check to make sure that is indeed the case.

I doubt that you will be able to use the truck that you are returning at lease-end to your advantage in the negotiations for your new vehicle, but you never know. It certainly doesn't hurt to ask.

Car_man
    Host
    you're welcome rainee. It probably won't make much of a difference, program-wise whether you lease your new Pilot in November or December. Though dealers may be a little more anxious to make a deal at the end of the year, in late December, than they would be earlier.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the info Car-Man, I knew I could really count on you to help me out as you have in the past several years of my leases.

In regards to your post above, i actually did use my return lease in the negotiations of the sign and drive on the new 2012 Pilot EX-L. You may have missed the details of my actual transaction that I posted a few posts above your reply to me so I'll post it again:

I didnt take a dime out of pocket. It appears as if all the cash down was from the equity of the lease...but Im not so sure.

2012 Pilot EX-L 4WD
    36 mos/ 15,000 Miles Yr

Total Monthly payments $410 (NJ taxes incl )
    Total of Base Payments $14,760

Gross CAP Cost $36, 382
    CAP COST REDUCTION $2,379
    Adjusted CAP COST $34,003

Residual Value $20,339

Total of Payments $17,658

Credit for Honda Pilot 2009 EX-L 4WD trade in $3,308
    Trade In Value for 2009 Pilot $18,292
    Net Trade In Allowance $21,600

Im not a Lease expert but it seems as tho that I got a low monthly lease payment and not a single dime came out of pocket which would indicate a great deal...but when I look at the actual trade in credit that they used as pretty much a down payment and increased my total lease payments up over $17,600, it makes me really skeptical that I got a good deal at all!

I guess there are 2 ways to look at this....In reality, I am still only paying $410 a month with not a dime out of pocket for a newer version of the same exact car that I leased 3 years ago for $1000 down and $437 a month. So I should be happy right?

But the other way I keep looking at it is that the car I returned, even tho not mine because it was leased, got the dealership alot more money in this deal without any resistance from me or at least counter negotiating for more accessories ie with NAVIGATION or TOURING or something 1 step higher.

What are your thoughts on this?
  • tahaimamtahaimam Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    hi - i am new to this forum and wanted to see if you guys can give me some expert advice on this decision.

This is my first time leasing a vehicle.

2012 Honda Pilot Ex-L 2WD
    The NC dealership is giving me a special for the price of around $33K.
    Monthly Payment $417 with no down/ everything included
    36 Months/ 12,000 miles

Any guidance will be appreciatted? If its a good deal or not.
  • mw_200mw_200 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to lease a 2012 Honda Pilot EX for 36 months and 12000 miles a year. I have a 2007 Honda Accord LX with 57400 miles on it that I'm trading in. What do you guys think would be a good deal if I'm putting $2000.00 down in the Dallas\Fort Worth area? Sales tax is 6.25%.
    You're right, I missed that darkfudge07. Wow the dealer gave you a $3,300 credit for a leased vehicle that you're returning. That's fantastic. $410 per month including tax with nothing out of pocket is indeed a very good deal for this truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome tahaimam. The dealer invoice price of a 2012 Pilot EX-L 2WD is $32,124. A selling price of $33,000 would be around $875 over invoice. That's not bad. Just make sure that the dealer is using Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor of .00056 (top credit tier) to calculate your payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello mw_200. If I was in the market for a Honda Pilot right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over dealer invoice. You can look up the exact invoice price of the truck that you want over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Once you have a selling price that you're comfortable with, have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor of .00056.

You'd be better off going with a zero down lease. Consumers who put money down on leases risk losing part or all of the money that they laid out if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
  • wheedler123wheedler123 Member Posts: 16
    For a 36mo/12K mile lease with no money down, whats the best deal going?
    Also, whats the best price people are getting the '12 EXL 4WD for? many people post for 2WD
    In Sept I just got a 4WD EXL for 435 month zero down no taxes nothing just first month payment and $97MV FEE fair deal considering I had a 09 Pilot LX Base Model and I was paying 435 a month on that 12k and a lot of these prices on these posts seem to be unrealistic unless they are putn cash down! Good Luck also people tend to forget sometimes what time of month you buy your vehicle affects the numbers, my experiences seem if you shop at the end of the month u get a better deal! PS my old 09 Pilot also was hit while parked and possibly needed a new bumper, so I save there too as it was not my responsibility the dealer took the car of my hands
  • sic_em_bearssic_em_bears Member Posts: 4
    OK, I've shopped around almost every dealership in DFW...I got the following quote on a 2012 EX:
    Internet price: $26,355. Destination $810. Window Tint $399. Pin Stripe $299. Value Package $399. Aquisition $595. Total including TTL: $30,888.

I told them i wanted to lease 36 mo, 12k/yr and only wanted to pay 1st mo at signing. He came back at $359/mo. That seems like an unbelievable deal. I asked around other dealerships and they all said TAKE IT...it's below invoice. I even have it in writing and have the stock number from the internet sales manager.

have any other shoppers seen one this low? should i be leary of a bait and switch? I'm headed to the dealership tomorrow afternoon to pull the trigger on this deal!
    1.Make sure it's a 4WD
    2.Make sure it's a EX
    3.They might have low balled you so you won't shop around and when your pumped to pick up and sign they will say it going to be a little more. Happened to my friend with a Accord priced him on a LX when he wanted a EX
    That seems like a pretty good deal? Is it with Honda Financial? Cause my dealer just bought my 09 LX and I got a 2012 EXL for 435 0 down sign a drive! And I mean 0 down
  • sic_em_bearssic_em_bears Member Posts: 4
    That was for an 2WD. The stock number and vin he sent were an EX. I have the whole thing in writing, so i'm hoping it's legit. I'm not in a hurry and won't hesitate to walk if anything funny is up.