Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Sonata Lease Questions

Comments

• fulcrum71fulcrum71 Member Posts: 4
    Hello:
    This is my first time in the forum and found it very instructive .I have never leased any car. I want a SE with Nav.The dealer offered me today a discount because of the Costco membership.From MSRP $26065 to the invoice price $24934.I asked for 0 down payment.
    MF: 0.00050
    Depr: 57%
    12000 miles/year,36 month
    Bank fee (capped):$695 ??????
    Dealer fee(capped) $599
    Adjusted cap cost $26228
    Monthly payment:$336.4 + Tax(7% Florida)=$359.95
    Amount due at start :$556 (359(First month)+$123(tag fee)+$66.5(Florida Fee))

I have read that some people have get this car for $23700.Besides that, can i get some discounts in the Fees?And the MF and Dep are correct for this month?Is so difficult to get it for $23700? The White Pearl need $200 extra payment?

I know there are a lot of questions but i wanted to share my experience and the data.
    Thanks to everybody.
  • jim_jjim_j Member Posts: 7
    :surprise:

SE and Limited are 5x on the money factor? wow. I mean they are quite low, but still...
    Also surprising that the limited residualizes a little better.
  • thebenzthebenz Member Posts: 32
    I've tried to read the prior questions but still would like these 3 explicit clarifications if possible.
    I want to sign a lease in August for the featured Sonata lease of $199/mo.
    .Given the low money factor I read (is it really $.0005 or less than 1 percent interest?) I don't think there's much room to negotiate terms with the dealer on the cost of the vehicle, correct?
    . However, has anyone negotiated no extra charge for 15K miles/year?
    . In CA, are the T, T & L fees equal to the full charge of buying the car, and if so, then rolled into the entire capitalized cost? If so, wouldn't this add another $80/mo. or so onto the quoted $199.99/month cost?
  • jcava47816jcava47816 Member Posts: 1
    I was fascinated with your experience. I went to see a Dealer down here in Dallas earlier this week and I wanted to lease a 2011 Sonata, No NAV.. Just the strick SE package...
    Now mind you my credit is awesome..

They wanted 4K total upfront...
    325month...

I was like they right...
    So $0 down ... went to 410 mth... with 1500 for Tax Title....
    they would not even give me what the factor was... So for all I know my APR was like 12%.. I promise you my Credit is great..

I just got up and walked out...
  • kaya16kaya16 Member Posts: 2
    just left dealership in florida. I got 3yr 36k miles for 2011 sonata SE pacific blue no nav for $285/mo total with taxes here with $800 out the door for tag, title and another charge. Is this good? Would be my first car payment in 8 years so I am still hesitant. Should I be getting lower for SE?
  • keithf40keithf40 Member Posts: 3
    just leased a 2011 sonata se on long island ny.

paying 225.18 a month total, walked out paying 1077(first month+sales tax+plate transfer+registration) for 12k a year for 36 months

basic se package with auto tranny
  • newcar2012newcar2012 Member Posts: 1
    Hi first post on here. I was hoping I could have some advice for my upcoming lease attempt. First the back round information is that I drive a 1994 gmc van which gets about 8 miles to the gallon so the cost of gas is around 400 or 500 a month plus insurance which is around 100 I'm paying 500-600 a month for this car. I really can't afford to drive this car anymore since I have 2 kid's in private school which cost's 20k a year and I think I deserve to drive a much nicer car plus I dont need to drive such a large car

Basically I want to get the Hyundai sonata 1. too save money 2. to get a new car
    Dealing with point 1 I want to save money by switching to this car. I believe gas will cost 100 and insurance is 70 more so I am hoping to spend less than 250 per month for a 36 month lease. The thing is I have no extra money to put down on this car. I want to find out if this is pausable because the dealer I went to said it isnt but they are in the buisness of making money so I wanted a second opionion
  • haggardhaggard Member Posts: 92
    Seems like a pretty good deal, especially for an SE. I haven't had much luck getting to that number on a GLS here in PA. Can you share the name/town of the dealer and the other details of your deal.
  • keithf40keithf40 Member Posts: 3
    it was actually for a gls automatic with the popular upgrade package.

atlantic hyundai on long island, google it.
  • eddiefasteddiefast Member Posts: 16
    Visited my first Hyundai dealership yesterday. Took a test drive in the stripped down Sonata. Was a nice ride, just a little to much road noise for me. My wife has been driving a cts for years.That's the price you pay for a economy car. Features where very nice for the list price.

The joke was the price I got quoted. $ 2500.00 down and $299.00 a month for 39 months. I did better with the 2011 Buick Regal. That had a sticker of 27,000.

I will shop around, I believe I can get a good deal from a dealer in Savannah.
    that is a joke. the advertised price is 2400 down (inc 1st mo), 199/mo. unless you've got bad credit?
  • orion7701orion7701 Member Posts: 8
    Hello,

Can someone please post the latest lease rates for the 2011 Huyndai Sonata?

24 month / 12k per year
    36 month / 12k per year

Thank you...
  • jliles528jliles528 Member Posts: 14
    I am also interested in lease rates, however I'm interested specifically in the Sonata Limited, with and without nav, for 36 months 15,000 mi per year.

Thanks for any assistance...
    J
    Hello: On my opinion you should go after $265.00,reducing the negotiated price to $21500. Please,next time ask for the detailed numbers.We need those numbers to be more accurate. Thanks .
    One week later i went to another dealer looking for the same car SE with Nav.They offered me ;
    24984.00 Negotiated price
    699 dealer fee
    595 bank fee
    LEV : 56 % MF:0.00050
    With $0 down : $369.00
    Again,i think we can negotiate the price to 23700 and reduce the fees,at least the bank fee.I havent do it because i want to sell my car first, i dont like the trade in.Note:these is in Fl.
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    In no way am I critical of the sonata, but when I see $369 for a SE, doesn't that seem high? I just leased a camry XLE 6 cylinder with a $31200 MSRP for $309 a month, with just first payment down. That includes the tax (6.75%) and everything else. 15k miles a year for 3 years. And I'm not even sure I didn't get taken. Again, not knocking the sonata at all; the $369 tho seemed high to me. The money factor was .00001, and maybe the residual was higher percent, so maybe the $369 is quite reasonable.
  • pats1fanpats1fan Member Posts: 18
    Just leased an 11 Sonata GLS with options, MSRP 21885. Money factor was .0001.
    Trade and down Payment combined=2495
    Monthly payment, including RI sales tax (7%)=199/mo.
    considering the figures on the National deal, which was 2499 down, base GLS, not including sales tax and a payment of 199/mo., I think I did ok.
  • antoniusantonius Member Posts: 39
    edited September 2010
    Anyone know the current top tier MF and residual for a 2011 Sonata SE for Nevada?
  • absberg2kabsberg2k Member Posts: 3
    The old lease offer on a 2011 Sonata expired yesterday. If there are none posted today does that mean there will be none this month? Or is there usually a few days in between? Or do I have to wait until October now for lease incentives?

Thanks.
  • ortegaortega Member Posts: 105
    I've just been offered a 36mo, 15K/yr lease for $289 incl tax. $1500 in upfront fees (bank fee, doc fee, reg, 1st mo). This feels like a good deal, but I'm not certain. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I'm in Northern NJ.
    edited September 2010
    I'm thinking of holding off on leasing a Sonata until October, but I am concerned about Hyundai perhaps backing off the aggressive lease support they have in place this month. Does anyone have a feel for...CarMan, I'm looking at you ;)...where Hyundai will be with their MF and residuals for the month of October? Better, worse, same?? I have a lease with 2 payments remaining and am trying to decide if it would make sense to jump now (I refer you to the lease deal I was offered in the post above this one) or wait till October. I know this is a tough question to answer...but any insight the knowlegable posters on this board have to offer would be greatly appreicated. :)

This is in relation specificlally to the 2011 Sonata Limited w/NAV

Please help!!!
  • woodhill1woodhill1 Member Posts: 3
    Where are you looking in Jersey? I am getting a ton of calls from everyone and no one is trying to help me without my going to the showroom. Which I am desperately trying to avoid.
    I used truecar.com. One dealer emailed me an offer (the one I posted above), all others called & emailed.
  • orlando_morlando_m Member Posts: 19
    I'm getting offers of 1200 out of pocket and 262 per month (with taxes) for 36 months / 12k per year

Does this seem high?

The dealer told me the car is priced at 21160 with 57% residual, and a money factor of 0.0001 as per forum makes it look like they want a 900 fee for acquisition / title etc.

I'm a first time buyer, so any help is appreciated. I'm driving a rental car right now so every day is money.

I've checked with two dealers and both of them are on the same price. Mud-flaps, locknuts, floor mats are included.
    orlando,

looks decent to me. remember there is a $400 end of lease fee (if comparing to something other than hyandai).
    and does that price include gap coverage?
    did you check any of the Zagg.com partners for pricing?

I bought one like that at the end of Aug.
    Oh! I didn't know about the $400 end-of-lease fee.. will check on that.

Gap insurance is covered in the bank acquisition fee, so the dealers told me.

I haven't checked zagg.com - will do so now. Thanks for all the inputs.

Hope your car is doing well.. which color did you go for?
    found out that Toyota has a $350 end-of-lease fee, so Hyundai is not so bad on that front.
    so far I like it. coming off back-to-back Acura TSX leases. I went with the harbor gray. I think it ages and hides the dirt the best. this car wont be in the garage its whole life. this sonata is my first 'buy' in a long-long time

that toyota 350 must be new. I don't remember it on my '05 highlander
    Hello
    Finally i got a SE with Nav at $329.00 ,$0 Down,with $600.00 initial payment which included the first month,license and FL fee.

Thanks
    That sounds like a great deal, could you perhaps name the dealer?

Does the monthly payment of $329 include taxes?
    Yes, it must be new for them to charge a end-of-lease disposition fee. Toyota includes it upfront in their national online ads along with all the other fees.
  • wwarner3wwarner3 Member Posts: 1
    I just made a deal for a 2011 Sonata SE with the ECM w/compass, carpet floor mats, cargo net and cargo mat. My payment will be $300 per month taxes included for 36 months 12k/year. All I have to pay upfront is first months payment ($300) but they are also cutting me a check for $550 back when I take delivery of the car. That is to pay 2 months payment on my other vehicle (2007 Tacoma). I feel that this is a great deal.

MF= .0005
    Depr= 57%
    Buy-out= $12,658? (57% of selling price?)
    Adj Cap Cost= $22,208
    End of Lease Fee= $400

They rolled all other fees including registration and tag into the $300 payment.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Kmouradian, Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Sonata GLS with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00010 and 55%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '11 Sonata SE are .00050 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi newcar2012. Wow $20,000 per year is a lot of money. I can certainly understand your desire to cut your automotive expenses.

You might be able to get a stripped Sonata for only a little more than what you were looking to pay. Hyundai is currently advertising a lease on a 2011 Sonata GLS with automatic transmission for only $199 per month for 36 months with $2,200 down. This car's monthly payment will obviously end up being higher after you eliminate the down payment and add sales tax and the acquisition fee into the equation, but on the plus side savvy consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition are usually able to negotiate lower selling prices than the ones that automakers use in their official advertised payments.

You shouldn't have much trouble getting an '11 Sonata for less than $300 per month, though you might have to pay a little more than the $250 that you were shooting for.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, orion7701.

Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Sonata GLS with 12,000 miles per year are .00010 and 56%, respectively.

I don't believe that Hyundai is currently offering 24 month leases on this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jliles528. Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Sonata Limited with 15,000 miles per year are .00050 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi antonius. The answer to your question is .00050 through September 30th.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi absberg2k. Don't worry, Hyundai is still providing lease support on the Sonata in September. I believe that its current program for this car is exactly the same as its August program was.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey ortega. Hyundai's current incentives are scheduled to run through September 30th. It is difficult to say what its October programs will be like at this point. If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say that its lease program for the 2011 Sonata next month will be very similar to its current program, but there's no guarantee that will be the case.

If I had two payments remaining on my lease, I personally wouldn't waste them to get into something new right now...but again its sort of a roll of the dice.

Car_man
    Host
    edited September 2010
    OK Car_Man...I'm getting this request in early. As soon as you are able, please post the October money factor and residual for the 2011 Sonata Limited w/NAV, 36mo/15k lease.

Thanks in advance!!
  • lkj921lkj921 Member Posts: 3
    I got offfer 2011 Sonata se upfront payment is $3000 and a monthly payment $250 with everything up to 36monthes. is it good deal? or on oct the price will be down?
    what is the best deal to lease a sonata se
  • fatcat71fatcat71 Member Posts: 75
    edited September 2010
    I will be looking to lease a 11 Sonata Ltd with Nav in the NYC area. I see people ask for the residual and money factor on the forum's all the time, but how do I use the information to come up with a monthly price for a lease for 36m/15K? Is there a standard calculation that one can use and just plug in the numbers? I see that the car with taxes could be had at around 27K (According to the TruValue)
    Just google "lease payment calculator"...you'll find what you need.
  • haggardhaggard Member Posts: 92
    Leaseguide.com has an excellent, printable calculator.
  • kmouradiankmouradian Member Posts: 36
    Car Man,

Did the MF and residual change for October on a 2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited? It was .00050 and 56% for September on a 36 month lease with 15k miles per year, if I recall correctly.

Also, any new cash incentives other than the $500 loyalty rebate for this month?

Thanks a bunch!
  • atlanticoneatlanticone Member Posts: 19
    edited October 2010
    27402 GLS MF 0.00047 Residual 59%
    27442 SE MF 0.00068 Residual 58%
    27472/27482 Limited MF 0.00068 Residual 57%

Only the $500 Hyundai Loyalty Rebate is available for the Sonata.

These programs are good until January 3rd.
  • kmouradiankmouradian Member Posts: 36
    Just to verify, these residuals you posted are for 15k miles/year correct?
    edited October 2010
    bump...those residuals & MFs are for 15k/36mo leases??
    Hi ortega. Hyundai Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Sonata Limited with 15,000 miles per year are .00050 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey kmouradian. Hyundai's lease program for this car is exactly the same as the numbers you mentioned.

The loyalty money is still the only cash incentive on this model.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.