Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover LR3 Lease Questions

Comments

• amcinkamcink Member Posts: 5
    Hello All
    How does the $1,500 certificate works. I got my wife the LR3 also and they dealer said that the $1,500 certiface only owrked if you got trug a regular lease and not the Land Rover bank lease. Please let me knoe more about it.
    My deal 2006 LR3 SE V8 (60 miles only)
    Fully load everything except the kitchen sink!!! (Rear-Seats, cold, xenon lighting, blue tooth etc)(no dvd)
    MSRP=$55,620
    Dealer rebate = $5,000
    Land Rove Rebate = $6,000
    Sub total = 44,620
    Negotiate LR3 at = $46,000 final price (about $1,380 for dealer)
    Down Payment = 3K
    Money Factor = .00038
    Residual Value = 67% (it seem kind of high I was hoping 60%)
    36K at lease term
    Lease term= 30 months
    Lease Payment= $600
    Two minor items that I'm going in for repair. The screen on the middle sunroof does not lock and the passenger side seat at the base of the left handle next to the head rest the leather of the seat is off the base of the handle. They said they are simple repair issues.
    Color is Red with Tan interiors (it will be hard to keep it clean . I want it balck interiors).
    By the way there were only 2 left and there were another couple waiting in line if I did not taken the Red one since they want it. I belive I got a decent deal and I liked the car.
    Hope this help
  • jsandovajsandova Member Posts: 1
    Hi all. 1/6/07 I went to CO Springs dealership and looked at leasing a loaded new java black V8 SE '06, 12,500 mi/yr for 30mo. MSRP $54,300 and trade a F150 supercrew lariat (trade $24,500, owe $28,400). Money factor 0.0016, residual 67% and $805/mo pymt after $4000 down. Dealer did not want to come down from MSRP ON A 2006, could this be because I'm a physician? I said I would think about it and let them know 1/8/07, which is the day the special program ends. Can someone offer some advice?
    Hello
    The $6,000 rebate is an Land Rover discount directly to the dealer base from the invoice price. Therefore the Dealer discount between the MSRP and the invoice is the one in question. I believe is just plain market forces (supply and demand) since everyone is looking for these LR3's due to the great discounts. You will have to negotiate at this time. Also it could be that if you are trading a vehicle you are not getting the $6,000 discount from LR Credit. When I was in they quote $52,000 for the SUV if I want it the low Money factor (pay $46,000). Therefore If you can sell the Lariat on your own that will be the best deal with all discounts. You will be in abetter situation.
    Hope this help
  • bgsntthbgsntth Member Posts: 92
    amcink,

I'm fairly certain that your dealer is mistaken. The $1500 certificate was sent to me by LRNA after I signed-up for promotions/info on the Web site. I presented it to my dealer after we had already negotiated the price, as I received it between then and signing anything. LRNA actually made a mistake on the ones they initially sent-out, and my dealer had to go all the way up the food chain to resolve it and get me the discount. They applied it to the lease cap to bring my monthly down. Looks like you got a great deal-regardless.
    Hello
    Where on the LRNA I need to go? I input LRNA.com and the site does not exist. Even though I already made the deal this past weekend 01/06/06. I will pursuit the extra $1,500. I need any savings I can get.
    Thanks for followin up. However I need the correct site to input my information and receive the certificate.
    Thanks again
  • dad23dad23 Member Posts: 866
    The website is www.landrover.com, but if you're deal is done, I wouldn't waste my time trying to get a certificate and going back.
  • sparchsparch Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Car_man. I decided to wait and purchase a 2007.
  • bigsexcgbigsexcg Member Posts: 7
    Has anyone heard yet whether LandRover has extended the $6k marketing support or the lease special on '06 LR3's for this month? I know the most recent specials were set to expire yesterday.
  • lsleeleelsleelee Member Posts: 14
    Could someone post LRC's January rates/residuals for 07 LR3s? And can you throw in the Range Rover Sport for comparison?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi jcwcali. You never mentioned the selling price of the LR3 that you leased. I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what it is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jsandova. Let me get this straight, the dealer that you spoke with didn't want to provide you with any discount off of a 2006 Land Rover LR3's MSRP? If so you were right to walk away from this deal. Don't worry about the incentive program expiring either. Land Rover is still providing lease support on the 2006 LR3 in January. In fact, it introduced $3,725 lease cash on the 2006 LR3 V8 SE this month. This cash will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease. If this dealer is still not willing to provide you with a discount on this truck, try shopping around with another dealer or two.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're very welcome, sparch.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi bigsexcg. Land Rover extended the $6,000 dealer cash that it has been providing on the 2006 LR3 through April 4th. It still has a special lease program on this truck, but its month factors and residual values are different. Plus, it introduced new lease cash on select models. Specifically, it is now providing $3,725 on '06 LR3 V8 SE, $3,650 on LR3 V8 HSE, and $1,000 on LR3 V6 models. It is also waiving lessees first month's lease payments on V6 models.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi lsleelee. These trucks' lease programs vary by trim level, term, and mileage allowance. I would be happy to give you an idea of what these trucks' current programs are like if you provide me with this information.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • 1stlexus1stlexus Member Posts: 12
    Car_Man -

I had no idea there are such great deals on left over '06 LR3s. So if I'm looking at a HSE with a msrp of $56k, what type of discounts are available? Is the $6k dealer cash, $3,650 in lease cash and this mysterious $1,500 certificate available for a total discount (before negotiating) of $11,150? What is the most advantagous lease terms right now for 15k/year? 24, 30 or 36 months? Please provide residual and money factor information.
    Thanks!
    LR3 V8 SE & V8 HSE, Range Rover Sport HSE & Supercharged, all for 36mo/12000K. Thanks.

Also, do you know if Land Rover dealers are limited to a maximum MF markup like, say, BMW?
    1stLexus,

The $6K can only be applied to a purchase, not a lease-I believe. You can combine the lease cash and $1500 certificate to bring the cap cost down. My deal is above, but I think the residuals and money factor have changed.

So did your GX470's lease end? Mine did.
  • dfarnsworthdfarnsworth Member Posts: 12
    Car Man,
    I just received a quote on 2006 LR3 HS V8 (with moonroof, and cold weather pacjage, and satelite radio). Pleas elet me know if it's a good deal. Here a re the numbers:
    MSRP: 50,000
    Dealer Cash: 4,000
    My cash contribution: 4000
    Cap cost: 42,650
    Lease term: 24 mos
    Resid %: 65%
    Money factor: .00045
    residual value at lease end: 32,500
    Monthly lease quoted (inldudes all taxes and fees): $385.19

What do you think???
  • 1stlexus1stlexus Member Posts: 12
    bgsntth - Thanks for the information. That is what I was afraid of. Negotiating with area dealers for the best deal on a left over '06.

Sold the GX about a year ago on ebay (would buy another in a second if they made the second row of seats pass through to the third row (no idea why SUV makers don't provide this option)).

Anyways, bought a Odyssey Touring last year, but wife doesn't like a minivan. We rented a LR3 while on vacation last month and really liked the setup as the third row is useable on a daily basis for our 3 kids. LR3 is the only SUV which offers this functionality that we have found and the only real alt to a minivan. Given how frequently we seem to trade cars, no interest in buying but would rather lease to avoid the resale/trade hassle. Trying to find a third party lessor that has respectible residuals and mf so I can still use the LR $6k dealer cash rather than the $3.6k lease cash.
    Is this an SE or HSE? How many miles per year? My residual for 30month/10.5K is 68%, so yours seems low if it is an SE or the same miles. LRNA extended the terms I bought mine under: zero drive-off/599 per month, which goes down to $548 when you apply the $1500 certificate. This is for an V8 SE w/ every option except navigation.
    This is for a SE 7 seat with every option but nav. 24 month lease with 65% residual and 10.5k miles. My cap cost price with all reductions in $38,700 down from $51.5k msrp. My contribution including all taxes and fees is $3,000, meaning the dealer and LRA put almost $10k in as lease cash. I plan to pick up tomorrow. I cannot find a better lease deal anywhere near comparable.. I feel pretty confident on this one, but sure there is always a better deal somewhere...
  • h2oleoh2oleo Member Posts: 6
    My 2002 Freelander developed a coolant leak, so my dealer says I need a new engine. They are also telling me that the Land Rover Assured Extended Warranty (provided by APCO) is not going to cover it. The long and the short of it is that they said they would like to get me a "great deal" on a new LR3. This is what they have offered me:

2006 LR3 SE V8 with rear seat package/cold climate package/satellite radio
    Lease Terms: 30 month/12K mi
    MSRP: 49700
    Purchase Price: 47,100
    Bank Fee: 595
    Net Cap Cost: 47695
    Money Factor: 0.00093 (This seems good to me)
    Residual Value: 59% (This seems low, but may be appropriate given how late it is in the year)
    Bottom Line: no money down. no trade. 673.81/month.

They said they are using the 3725 lease cash to pay for the license fees and other fees, and the rest is was taken off the MSRP. It basically sounds like they are not giving me any kind of discount themselves, and only the 3725 from LRNA. My questions are:

1. Would it be better to apply the entire 3725 lease cash to decrease the net cap cost?
    2. What would be a "reasonable" purchase price to negotiate for the vehicle?
    3. How do I get one of these $1500 rebate certificates?

I am stuck with this dealership, as it is the only one in San Diego, and my Freelander engine is currently half disassembled in their shop, but they did off me $8000 for tradein from the Freelander, and I'm not sure anyone else would give me that much for it. Still, that should not preclude them from giving me a good deal on the LR3...

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!!
  • jcwcalijcwcali Member Posts: 4
    I just leased the same vehicle, price, options everything. Here is my deal
    MSRP 49700
    Gross Cap 46986
    Bank Fee 595
    Net Cap 47581
    Adjusted Capital Cost 44790 (includes $2,500 cash plus 1,500 rebate-fees)
    money factor .00199
    residual 69%
    $499.99 plus tax
    I did this deal at the end of December, they were running a deal for $599.00 with no money down on a vehicle more loaded than ours but I could not find any that had all of the options.
    HI. See may earlier message from Friday on HS 7 V* LR3 lease. I believe you are paying way too much. Between lease cash from LRA and dealer cash, you should at least be able to get $7-$8,000 off MSRP. I recently negotatied two leases for this vehicle ( I went to another dealer when I was not satisfied with the 1st). You should be able to negotiate a capitailized reduction cost (which includes all dealer cash and LRA incentives) around $42,000. If you cannot get with a $1000 of this, then your dealer is holding back. The $3,000+ they said would cover all your taxes and fees is B.S. Sure a portion of it will, but not all. I was given a purchase price of $41,000 for the $49,000 msrp model and $42,500 for the $51,000 msrp model. MY final cap cost, which included a $3,000 contribution from me, was $39,500 (original msrp was $51,400). My 24 month lease price with all taxes and fees is $385.
  • h2oleoh2oleo Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for both of your replies. It looks like the $599 lease deal in still in effect until 4/3/07. Unfortunately, there are none left with all of those options. One dealer just told me that to honor that deal, they would put me in an SE7 with sat, but no cold climate or Lighting Package, and I'd still pay $599. Unbelievable.

I plan to try once more to negotiate the price, and if that doesn't work, unfortunately I think I have to go to the BBB for the Freelander issue. The San Diego dealership has truly been a disappointment.
  • jcwcalijcwcali Member Posts: 4
    the $385 lease sounds to good to be true
  • jacebcjacebc Member Posts: 4
    I'd love to get the details of the $385 lease too!

I was quoted $599 for a dealer demo- $0 down, 24 months, 15k miles a year w/ taxes.
    Hi, I'm the one with the $385 lease deal. Actually, now it's $389 due to changing from Green to Black (which Land Rover charges an additional $400 for).

So here are the terms:
    MSRP: 51,000 (although window sticker reads 51,400, the $51k number is what the dealer is using)
    Selling price before LRA cash: $46,250
    LRA contribution: 3,725
    My contribution to cap cost reduction: $3,000
    Final cap cost reduction price: $39,725
    Money factor: .00045
    Residual percentage: 67%
    Residual value at lease end: 33,500
    Total monthly lease payment (includes taxes, fees, etc): $389

When I plug these numbers into the Edmunds lease calculator, it shoiws monthly payment should be even less. Regardless, I could not find any better numbers that come close to this deal (and I looked at Volvo XC90 V8 and Honda Pilot EX).

Welcome comments. Hopefully you can match this or do better. Good luck
    Can someone post the rate/residuals for 07 LR3 SE & HSE?
    What a deal!!

This is a 2006? What are the terms and mileage? Where in the heck is this?
    THanks!

/Jason
    HI. This is a dealer in the Pittsburgh area. My terms have been posted a couple of times in last few days (just follow lr3 lease questions section between jan 20 and today and you should find them). If you have trouble finding them, let me know. This is a 24 month lease for SE 7 V8 10.5k miles/year. This model is black/black and has msrp of 51,500. Money factor was .00045. Residual % was 65%. My cash ocntribution was $3,000. Total monthly payment with all taxes, fees etc is $389.
    And yes, this is a 2006 model.
    Thanks! I think I need a trip to Pittsburg!
  • tizzletizzle Member Posts: 8
    Hate to be a bother as you already have proven quite helpful but I was curious as if the vehicle you leased was a demo model. I am being offered essentially the same terms as you but for a demo with around 8000 miles. Thanks.
    No bother. My model is brand new. I would use the 8,000 miles on your vehicle to negotiate the price/ lease terms further down. A 50,000 msrp SE depreciates almost 20,000 over a 24 month lease on a 10.5k miles/per year lease. You should be able to negotiate at least $5,000 off your final cap cost given the car's mileage, I would think. Good luck!
    Thank you for the help. I actually sent the dealer your figures and they said they would match. Around how much do you think would be fair to pay? As you can see I am somewhat of a novice. Thanks again.
    If you mean what price should you pay to purchase outright and/or finance, the purchase price I was offered on a 50,000 SE7 was $41,000. On the 51,400 msrp vehicle I actually ended up leasing, the purchase price offered was 42,500.
    Correction: Residual percentage is 65% NOT 67%
    Thanks. I ended up getting a similar deal to yours (with the 65% residual).
    Great! Hope you're happy with it.
  • readyalreadyreadyalready Member Posts: 22
    Can someone please post exactly how they got the $1500 certificate and how long it took to arrive, and how recently this was? I signed up on landroverusa for a brochure and for specials via email, but didn't see any place for mail offers. We any/all of you existing owners? Thanks for any help!
  • readyalreadyreadyalready Member Posts: 22
    I'm also not having luck getting your deal matched, the last dealer I spoke to said he thought that they probably registered your car as a service loaner to get the additional rebate from LR, I'm getting a sense that these are a lot more priced fixed than other manufacturers...
  • 65wagon65wagon Member Posts: 3
    We just leased an LR3 and it took so much work I don't think it was worth it. I had to call over 6 dealers to get one to give me the LR3 @ 1k over invoice minus the $3725 rebate. The biggest problem I came across is some wanted to mark up the MF while others would say there was no rebate? I bought a loaded LR3 with a sticker of $53875 for $45395 with my MF @ buy rate along with no other weird fees. I put down 3k cash and ended up with a payment of 466/mo incl taxes. This is on a 24month 12k miles/yr lease We pick up our car on Monday. :shades:
  • bassmiesternjbassmiesternj Member Posts: 48
    For those that have used the LR $1500 certificate on a lease:

At what point did you present the $1500 dollar certificate to the dealer ?

Will they accept it as part of your out of pocket cost at signing ?

Thanks.
  • burp43burp43 Member Posts: 1
    Hello all! Quick question. Is the $599 lease offer on the 2006 LR3's a good deal? MSRP is $51000, $599/mo for 30 months, 15,000 mi/year, and no drive off costs. Dealer has a couple left and REALLY wants me to get one.
    Thanks!
  • gator15gator15 Member Posts: 1
    Hi!

I've been looking for an LR3 lease and have a few quotes that are very different. Please let me know if this is a good deal and if I can negotiate the MSRP down. I don't know what the invoice price is for this.

'06 LR3 V8 with blue tooth, climate control, 3rd row seating

MSRP: $48,700
    30 month lease
    Money factor: .00133
    Residual: 60%
    lease cash: $3725
    addt'l discount: $4,000 b/c its used
    adj cap cost: $41,570
    monthly payment with taxes, no money down: $583
    if we put $1,000 down it is $546

I got another quote from a different dealer for identical vehicles that had a monthly payment of $836 with tax. The residual ws 52% and MF .00281. He said he was selling to me for $500 over invoice ($48,367).

Should I be happy with the first one? What sort of room do I have to negotiate between invoice and MSRP?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    I don't know how good deal #1 is, but I can tell you dealer #2 has something wrong. Either they're lying or it's a much better equipped vehicle, because if $48700 is MSRP, $48367 (or $48367-$500 if that's what you meant) is WAY over invoice. I don't recall 06 prices, but to give you an idea of the msrp/invoice gap:

2007 LR3 V8 SE_____________$48235 $43894
    bluetooth/sirius package_______$800 $728
    total________________________$49750 $45337

Also dealer #2 is giving you the money factor for the '07 and I have no idea where 52% residual came from.

Deal with dealer #1, dude.
  • jpo3e320jpo3e320 Member Posts: 3
    fyi
    leased 06 lr3 hse fully equipped all listed brochure options with tax included 30 mo 10,500 mi per yr $665.00/ mo nothing down
    msrp $56,700
    love the car, some quirks but nothings wrong yet at 1500 mi
    jp
  • mlmcmlmc Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I would like to know what exact model of LR3 you leased with this quote? Was it a 2006 or 2007 model?

Thanks for your response,
  • 65wagon65wagon Member Posts: 3
    2006 LR3 SE
This discussion has been closed.