Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Land Rover LR3 Lease Questions

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    eelpouteelpout Member Posts: 32
    Edmunds doesn't have much info on their site (yet) so check out the following links here and here.

They've updated a lot of the cosmetics, electronics and the engine from Jaguar and made it more upscale (many of the cubbyholes I'm use to are now gone). It looks like they are making it more "soccer mom" friendly and less utilitarian. Which is good or bad depending on who you are. What they didn't do and I'm very disappointed about is improve gas milage; i.e. bring over any of the turbo diesels. That may be a deal breaker for me when my LR3 lease is up.

The demo units should be arriving in dealers in the next couple of weeks and I think shipping dates are in October.
  • Options
    jt1977jt1977 Member Posts: 2
    Hello Car_man,
    My question is related to an 08 LR2. I'm at the end of my lease and trying to figure out how much approx I'll owe in fees when I turn it in. I know what the turn in fee is and excess mileage but not sure how they charge for scratches......there's one on the front bumper that's about 6" and some on the rims over 3-4". There's also a tiny nick on the windshield. Do you have any idea what the charges might be, would it be cheaper to get it all fixed on my own? I'm still debating on whether to buy it out, considering these fees and went 2000 miles over. The buyout is $22774.
    Thanks,
    JT
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    edited August 2010
    Hi jt1977. If you leased your LR2 back in 2008, I believe that your deal was run through Land Rover Capital Group rather than Chase (which LR uses today). Here's a link to its excess wear and tear guide to help you evaluate whether you will have to pay an sort of fine for excess wear and tear:

Land Rover Wear and Use Evaluator Card.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
This discussion has been closed.