Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover Range Rover Sport Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi herimorales. Land Rover is not currently providing any lease support on the 2009 Range Rover. As a result, its lease program for that truck is terrible.

On the other hand, its program on the Range Rover Sport is actually not too bad. Its current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of an '09 Range Rover Sport HSE with 15,000 miles per year are .00018 and 60%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00027 and 48%.

The last time I checked, Land Rover's base acquisition fee was $595. I have not looked recently so I'm not sure if the dealer is trying to mark your fee up or if it has increased. I suspect that it is the former, but I am not 100% certain.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi roverlooker1. Land Rover is providing lease support on the Range Rover Sport SuperCharged as well, but its parameters are different. Its current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Range Rover Sport SC with 15,000 miles per year are .00023 and 60%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00077 and 50%.

Car_man
    Host
  • rr4mywiferr4mywife Member Posts: 60
    Hi - The dealer is in Long Island - Land Rover of Glen Cove. Hope this helps.
  • UndertakUndertak Member Posts: 1
    Hi, Car_man,

I see from the Range Rover Sport Incentives & Rebates page that Rover is running a lease special on the Sport HSE for $799/mo. I also see that there is a $3000 Manufacturer to Deal incentive, which specifically notes that it cannot be combined with special purchase financing rates through Chase, but it doesn't say anything about the Lease Special. Is this something I can try to talk my dealer into passing along to me as part of my lease negotiations, or do they not get it because I'm doing the Lease Special?

I ask because my salesman immediately volunteered to pay the last month of my current lease ($672) and I'm trying to figure out where that money is coming from since their sale price in the lease special is only about $1300 over invoice. I can't imagine they're willing to only make ~$630 on the truck without any haggling.

Thoughts?

-Undertak
  • clm4clm4 Member Posts: 3
    This deal is for a 2008 Range Rover HSE with Luxury Interior Package. I believe the bank offering this leasing is Chase. It looks like almost everyone in these posts got a much better deal than this with a shorter term, too. I don't get it. I am in NJ. I really only want a 36 month lease. The mileage allowance is 12,000.

M.S.R.P. $82,950.00

SELLING PRICE $55,950.00

BANK FEE $795
    RESIDUAL % 23
    MILEAGE DEDUCTION 0
    RESIDUAL AMOUNT $19,078.50
    MONEY FACTOR 0.0039
    MONEY DOWN $795
    TERM 48

TAX RATE 7

PAYMENT W/ TAX $1,148.92

INCEPTION FEES $1,999.57
    TAG FEE $399.50
    SUPPL. TAX .4% $223.80
    + SEC. DEPOSIT (+$25) $-
    TOTAL FEES $2,622.87
    Hey Undertak. Unfortunately, the $3,000 dealer cash is not compatible with the special Chase lease program either. Times are the toughest that they have ever been in either of our lifetimes for dealers right now. I'm not all that surprised that the dealer was willing to sell you anything for $630 over invoice.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi clm4. This truck's residual value is a shockingly low 23%. Even though you are getting a tremendous discount on it, there's no way that I would lease it if I was in the market for one. You would be much better off taking advantage of Land Rover's special financing offer and financing it at 0% for 5 years.

Car_man
    Host
  • clm4clm4 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car Man. Thanks for your reply. I knew something was really not right here. Especially since I can get in an 09 loaded Audi Q7 for $400 less for 3 years with 12K miles. I do much prefer the RR, though. Is there any advice you would be able to give me to take back to the salesman to let him know that I know he has some room to negotiate here? I would think he would be anxious to move an 08 off the lot. I also can't believe the interest rate he gave me! I want to be in a new car for between 8 and 850 a month. I have an excellent credit rating. I really don't want to buy though-- or should I say my accountant doesn't recommend it.

These are the terms for for a 60 month purchase. Notice he is not offering a 0% rate, and he raised the price of the vehicle by $10K.
    SELLING PRICE $65,950.00
    TRADE $-
    TOTAL $65,950.00
    + SALES TAX $4,616.50
    + TAG,REG, TITLE FEES $250.00
    + PAY-OFF AMOUNT $-
    = GRAND TOTAL $70,816.50
    - MONEY DOWN
    SUPPL. TAX .4%
    = AMOUNT FINANCE $70,816.50
    TAX RATE 7.00
    MONTHS FINANCE 60
    INTEREST RATE 3.00%

MONTHLY PAYMENT $1,272.48
  • DonDraperDonDraper Member Posts: 1
    Land Rover in Alexandria, Va is offering the following deal: 36 months, 10k miles, $1295 due at signing, $789 monthly payment. Comes with cold climate package and sat radio. This seems like one of the best deals I've seen. Am I correct?
  • sgillmoresgillmore Member Posts: 10
    Hello,

Here is a lease quote I received yesterday on a range rover sport with luxury package. How does it compare:

$752, 3k down, 12k miles, 36 months, first payment due at signing.

Thanks,

- Simon
  • alexkoperalexkoper Member Posts: 25
    Does anyone know the current residuals and buy-rate MFs for RRS HSE and Supercharged w/15k mi/yr? Is there still a 24 month lease special on these? Also, has anyone had any luck in negotiating the vehicle price at or below invoice either with or without the lease? I'm considering a RRS HSE or SC, or even perhaps purchasing outright '08 RR HSE if the price is right. I would love to hear your experience(s). I'm in So Cal and would love your help.
    Thanks,
    Alex
  • alexkoperalexkoper Member Posts: 25
    Simon,
    I wouldn't put $3k down on your RR lease - if you make a cap-cost reduction you lose your GAP insurance on a lease. So just pay fees and DMV and 1st month payment. What is the negotiated price of the vehicle (cap-cost)? Does the $752 include tax? It seems to me that given the incentives, inventory, and current economy, your cap cost should be around invoice price (approximately 56k on an msrp of 62k); with cap cost at 57k, resid at 60% and mf at .00018, your payment would be less than $600 without tax. go back to your dealer and ask for the specific #s before you sign.
  • jhansen00jhansen00 Member Posts: 1
    I leased a RR Sport. 62,700 MSRP Car.

50% Residual, .00027 Money Factor (low)

$899 Cap Cost Reduction, $679 Per month.

This not not count MA state tax which is 5% and start up costs which was first months, aquisition fee, dcoumentation fee, title, registration, etc, but these were the raw numbers. I think it is pretty good for a 62K car because they had to bring the cost down to about 55K to make it happen. I want to confirm this. Any thoughts?
  • roverduderoverdude Member Posts: 12
    Does anyone know the current MF/Residuals for RR Sport HSE and SC for 24/36 months 15K/yr?
  • miltimilti Member Posts: 14
    Dear Carman, and/or KYFDX,

I'm looking into leasing a 2009 Range Rover Sport SuperCharged SUV. I'm interested in a 36 month 15,000 miles per year lease. Do you have the money factor and residuals (%) for April?

From information gathered from Edmunds, the dealer is currently receiving $5,000 marketing support dollars for purchase or lease of this vehicle. If I used the TMV caluclator and came up with a TMV of $65,000, which is down from an MSRP of $71,000, can I subtract the $5,000 from the $65,000 (=$60,000) and make my lease caluclations based on $60,000?

Thanks for your help, it's always appreciated!
    Hi Alex. Land Rover's current special buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Range Rover Sport HSE with 15,000 miles per year are .00007 and 47%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 Range Rover Sport SC are .00058 and 49%.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey roverdude. Here's the information that you're looking for. Land Rover's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Range Rover Sport HSE with 15,,000 miles per year are .00017 and 58%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00007 and 47%.

Land Rover's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Range Rover Sport SC with 15,,000 miles per year are .00022 and 58%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00058 and 49%.

Car_man
    Host
  • eddie33081eddie33081 Member Posts: 19
    Hello Carman,

Im looking at a 2009 Ranger Rover Sport HSE with luxury package 62,150.
    36month/12k mileage. Im in Los Angeles,

Can you give me the residual and money factor? Can you explain this incentive:

"$5000 Dealer Cash is available toward the retail purchase or lease of a 2009 Ranger Rover Sport model. See dealer for complete details."

What would be a reasonable buying price on this car?

Thanks!
  • kingpin3003kingpin3003 Member Posts: 1
    2009 RR Sport Cold Climate Package $60,850.00
    10,500miles 48month lease
    $7000.00 down
    $599.00 a month
    IS THIS AGOOD LEASE?

Also if someone could explain what is the residual value?

Thanks for any help given.
    Hey Kingpin.

That doesnt sound like a good deal to me. You never want to put that much money down on a lease.

Im at 1500 Total drive off, 725$/mo 10k mi 36months on a 62250 msrp car
  • wreganwregan Member Posts: 6
    just got back from dealer in NY... 36 month lease @ .00007 and .49 residual, no cap reduction and dealer gave me an 881/mo quote (works out to about 59,500 selling price). also seeing deal in paper and on web for a $799 a month 36 mo lease. that would equate to about a 58,000 selling price

What should i be able to get the selling price to (given that its going into a 36 month lease program)? Thanks all -WR
    Hi Eddie,

i just saw your post after i posted mine... if you're at 725 then that equates to a selling price of 55,300... that's a great price. May i ask what dealer you got it from? I need to be in a car this week, my lease is up tomorrow. Thanks -WR
    Hey guys.

The dealer Im working with is in the Los Angeles area. Three separate dealers are willing to match that in this area. I havent been able to get lower so far. I believe it is the car at invoice with their best lease rates. 1500 is no cap reduction so it is the minimum drive off.

The best thing to do is use edmunds quote and let them know you have it at this price and if they can match it. Most likely they will as they want to move the unit.

The new 2010's have improved the interior of these things so the 2009's are being moved at much lower prices. The body stays the same so it is a good value.

Wregan, the dealer quote you received started above their advertised price which already sounds like someone you want to stay away from.

-ed
    Thanks Ed... i'll let you all know how it works out. -W
    DONE - RRS lux sat radio 36mo lease 840/mo 0 cap reduction 1960 due at signing. there is some room to go lower, just didn't want to commute to do it, but i think you could get done around 825 if you work hard enough...
    Did the 840 include tax?
    yes, Tax rolled in.
  • ceg3yceg3y Member Posts: 1
    what would be the expected lease numbers for RRS lux/rear ent at 58.5k

36 month lease and 15000 miles/year in houston tx

thanks
  • tpatttpatt Member Posts: 3
    So Ed,

Did you make the deal for your RR Sport?? Which one did you get and what was your lease deal.
    I also am in the Southern Calif area, which dealerships did you work with.

Thanks for info
    T
  • bethrbethr Member Posts: 51
    is this a good deal out of florida-

RRS cold weather, luxary package, 3694.43 which includes 2995.99 down 1st month -

12,000 miles including tax 846.00

15,000 including tax 865.00

please let me know if this is a good deal or is their room
    Hello Car_man,
    I want to get a Range Rover Sport SC.
    Just wondering since its been 3 months since you posted the information about the money factor & residual value for a 2009 Range Rove Sport SuperCharged, would you know if it is still the same or could you give me the new rates.

Thanks for the help
    T
  • crobar1crobar1 Member Posts: 7
    I was offered 2600 down $895 a month which includes tax. It is for the Range Rover Sport with luxury package and that special dark tan leather.

Can I do better?

Thanks
    can you tell me where this was and how many months and how much you put down? Sounds like a great deal-
  • jjjmmfjjjmmf Member Posts: 2
    I just picked up a RRS yesterday with Luxury Package. 10,000 miles/year, 36 month lease. I put $1500 down, and am paying $789/month. How did I do?
    please tell me where did you get this deal- getting one this week- and does this include tax-
    what was the sticker?
    Hello eddie33081. Here's the information that you're looking for. Land Rover's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Range Rover Sport HSE with 12,000 miles per year are .00007 and 49%, respectively.

Land Rover is currently providing a $5,000 dealer cash incentive on the 2009 Range Rover Sport, but to the best of my knowledge it is not compatible with the aforementioned special lease program.

I am not personally all that familiar with how much others have been paying for this truck lately, but you may be able to get an idea by stopping by the "Land Rover Range Rover/Sport Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tpatt. According to the latest information that I have seen, Land Rover's current special buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Range Rover Sport SuperCharged with 15,000 miles per year are .00058 and 49%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • jjjmmfjjjmmf Member Posts: 2
    Encino Land Rover
  • bdemarbdemar Member Posts: 23
    All,

This is my first post here, and I'm still a newbie to the RR world, as I've been with BMW since day 1, so be easy on me :) . So I'm interested in the 2010 Range Rover sport HSE, but I'm currently about to end my lease on my bmw 525i at the end of this month. So I need a vehicle until the 2010 comes in, and I can lease it. I was hoping this "short-term" vehicle could be a RRS so the dealership I've been working with offered to sell me a 2006 Sport SC at $39,995 (+ taxes of $2509). They agreed to buy back the vehicle minus $1000 per month for each month I keep it to cover the depreciation. With $0 down and a 2.9% apr I'm looking at $765 a month. So By my calculations(which could be wrong here!), this "short term Range Rover Sport" will REALLY cost me around/more or less $1150 a month. Hopefully the 2010 Sport will be out by the end of Sept, and I have to only keep it for 3 months. Do you all think this is a good deal, or do you have any other ideas to get me in RR sport from the start of July until the 2010 model is avail and I can lease it?

Thanks for the help!
    i would not- you can actually extend your lease with bmw up to 6 months or do month to month- we are getting a better deal on the x5 4.4 engine right now- a 66,000 car and the payment is a little less than the 62,000 sport-
  • ajp00ajp00 Member Posts: 17
    Just a fyi. I was in a dealer this past week looking at 2009 RR Sports and was told by the dealer that if I could live with the 2009 instead of the 2010, to go that way, b/c he is under the impression that the lease deals on the 2010's are going to be through the roof. Now granted he is trying to sell me a car now, but with the changes to the 2010, especially the interior and technology, I think he may be right. This guy was talking about a 2009 being somewhere in the $850 range right now and that the 2010's he's guessing (as they don't know what the programs will be), will start at over $1,000. I am thinking about grabbing a deal on the 2009's right now as the current interior doesn't bother me enough to spend that much more.. If I do, I will post the details.

ajp
  • bdemarbdemar Member Posts: 23
    Hmm.. My BMW dealer told me I couldn't extend my lease, or do a month to month? I'm also about 6,000 miles over at this point, and will probably avg about 1000 miles per month until Sept. How did you get BMW to do a month to month extension on your lease?
    i know you can through bmw financial- you can say you are waiting for the 10's to come in--
    I was told that chase was going to run some sort of special, not sure what, but will run something- maybe not right away but in time will- rr was running the 799 sport special last year too and the year before- the engine will be bigger that is the only plus for the 10's-
    Hello,
    I bought a 09 RR Sport SC a couple of months back. I love the car but a few times I have noticed that the outside temperature reading that is on the dash is blank (has lines) instead of reading the temp like it was. After I shut off car for a little while it comes back on as normal. Has anyone else had this problem and gotten it fixed.

Thanks
    T
  • kulasokulaso Member Posts: 11
    Hi Carman - Do you know what the July 2009 money factor and residuals are for a Range Rover Sport HSE? For 10K, 12K, 15K miles/year and 36, 42, 48 months. Thanks!
  • trt333trt333 Member Posts: 4
    I would greatly appreciate your guidance ASAP, likely gonna sign today or tomorrow. Can I do better?

Miami, FL

Range Rover Sport 3 year lease
    luxury package
    sport wheels
    10,000 mi/year

$3500 down
    $830/month

Thanks!!
    Here you go, kulaso. Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE with 15,000 miles per year are .00023 and 46%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease are .00060 and 41%. The 48 month numbers are .00085 and 35%.

If you were to lease this truck with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual values would be 2% higher. Its 10k resids are 3% higher than its 15k resids.

Car_man
    Host
  • kulasokulaso Member Posts: 11
    Carman - Thanks for the info. We can always count on you. So Land Rover no longer has a lease program? While the residuals are horrible the MF is very good. As and independent bank what incentive does Chase have to provide a subsidized MF? I am just curious.
This discussion has been closed.