Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus GX 460 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi smartshopper9. It sounds like you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Basically, the two most important numbers to focus on when negotiating a lease are your vehicle's selling price and the money factor that is being used to calculate its monthly payment. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Shop around and negotiate the lowest possible selling price for the GX 470 that you want and then have the dealer that gives you that price calculate its monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • mikem15mikem15 Member Posts: 2
    Have gotten what I feel is a good offer but would welcome other feedback. I am looking at the '07 GX 470 with the $8,736 package (this includes the navi, 3rd row seat, rear entertainment, tow package, chrome exhaust, lexus link, rear spoiler). The MSRP is is $56,086 and the dealer is offering to sell the me the car at $49,301. The truck is black onyx and I like the color but realize it probably is not the hottest selling color. They are quoting me a MF of .00265 for 15K/year, 36 month lease, 53% residual through Lexus financial. Lease fee up front of $600 with payments of $799 including tax (6.5%). Total due at signing of $1,100.

By reading this forum, I feel the MF is good but am worried that the residual is low. With the entertainment package, shouldn't it be higher and around 56%? That of course would make a big difference in payments. Any one know of another leasing company or bank offering bettter MF or residual?

This forum has been a great refrence source, much to the dismay of the dealer!! Thanks for helping the little guy win one!
  • sengopalcrickesengopalcricke Member Posts: 23
    Hi Hoggolfer,
    I am from Arkansas. Could you please give me the dealer and client advisor info in Dallas. It is ok to pm me. Thanks in advance
  • lexie23lexie23 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

I'm new to this forum, but glad I found you guys! I was offered this quote thru an internet fleet site.
    What do you think? They would order (approx. 6-7 weeks)
    for delivery. Seems there aren't many fully loaded
    in CA.? Keep in mind my FICO is over 700.

2007 GX 470 Fully Loaded (excluding XM Sattelite)

$56,717. MSRP

$49,295. Cap Price
    $25,420. Residual Value (45%)
    .00202 Money Factor
    7.75% Sales Tax

Base Payment: 654.29
    Total Monthly Payment: 704.99 (includes tax)

Disposition Fee: 395.
    1 Month Payment: 704.99
    Fees & Ins: $416. (not sure what this is)
    Upfront Tax: $52.44 (not sure what this is)
    Cap Reduction (Cash) $626.57 (not sure what this is)
    Total Out Of Pocket: $1800. (doesn't add up?)

12,000 Miles
    0.18 Excess Mileage Charge

Thanks for any and all help! =)
    Hello mikem15. I'm glad that you have found this forum so helpful. It's amazing how much of a spread there is between this truck's MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The truck that you described probably has around a $7,800 margin between these numbers. You are being quoted a $6,785 discount on it, which is pretty good but you may want to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately before finalizing your deal: george05, "Lexus GX 470: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" #, 5 Sep 2003 4:02 pm.

Lexus is not currently providing any lease support on the GX 470, so if you were to lease one through Lexus Financial Services right now you would have to use its standard lease program. Fortunately, the money factor that you were quoted is right in line with LFS' current buy rate standard lease money factor, The residual value is what it is. Individual dealers do not have the authority to alter banks' published residuals. Of course, you might be able to get a better residual value by leasing through an independent bank, but I have not heard of any that have a more attractive lease program on this model than Lexus Financial does right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • ddubzddubz Member Posts: 1
    i traded my RX 330 in with 9 months left on the lease. They took the car as a wash, so it didnt cost me anything. then:

MSRP was just under 55k with nav and dealer installed chrome rims.
    Titanium silver with gray int. (pretty common color i think)
    negotiated sale price of 45800 (i think about 1k under invoice?)
    total drive off of $6500 at signing (high i know but included first mo payment, etc...)
    mo payment of 583
    12k mi/year
    48 months

was this a good deal? i felt like it was at the time and took it on impluse.

I love the car, but it doesnt have quite the intricate details of the RX. but it is so roomy!
  • vyacha1vyacha1 Member Posts: 8
    Hello Car_Man! Can you tell me what is the current deals for GX470? I am looking at 36/39/48m 10K or 12K for a GX with ML/3rd row seating.
    Hi ddubz. Impulse buys are usually not a good thing, but a selling price of $1,000 below dealer invoice plus being able to get out of your current lease nine months early is an amazing deal, assuming that the money factor that you were charged is anywhere near this car's buy rate. You paid too much at lease signing though.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello vyacha1. Lexus is not currently providing any lease support that I am aware of on the GX 470. As a result, if you were to lease one through Lexus Financial Services right now, you would have to use its standard lease money factor. LFS' buy rate standard money factor may vary slightly by region and credit tier. The last time that I saw it, its buy rate for Tier 1+ customers was .00275. Its residual values for an '07 GX 470 without the entertainment system with 12,000 miles per year are 53% for 36 months, 50% for 39 months, and 43% for 48 months. The residual values for GX models that have the entertainment system are 1% lower.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • hunts1hunts1 Member Posts: 7
    Any idea of current residual value for GX with 18k miles/yr for 36 months? Thnaks.
  • cdfwifecdfwife Member Posts: 37
    Any experiences ending your lease early? I am not sure whether I am going to sell or trade my 06, but, is there anything I should look out for? My payoff is good, but are there any hidden costs I need to be aware of? LFS mentioned I might have to pay taxes in addition to my payoff, but could not elaborate. This is my first lease experience.

Thanks in advance!
  • lexusctlexusct Member Posts: 6
    Car_Man,

My 2005 ES330 lease (which you helped me negotiate oh so long ago!) will be up in January 08. I am looking to lease a GX470 due to an expanding family. Got some quotes but they are too high but what intrigued me was that the salesperson mentioned some program that Lexus will take my ES330 back under an early lease termination if it's within 6 months of it's ending. He did not elaborate but I was wondering if you knew anything about it? Are there any additional costs involved? I am about 1,000 miles over the mileage now so will I still have to pay for mileage?

Thanks again!

Lexusct
  • mdcruzzmdcruzz Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car_Man!
    This is the last and best offer I was given from a dealership on the LA area.

2007 GX470 - Package 2 w/ Sport(Fully Loaded - Levinson Sound, Sport Package, Black Decals, Third Row Air)
    No Rear DVD entertainment or spoiler
    MSRP: $54,710
    Adj. Cap cost: $47,212.00(after $595 Aquisition Fee and $182.58 Cap cost reduction)
    I will fall into tier 1 (fico 680-729)
    36 month/20K
    US Bank quote
    MF: .00218
    Res: $26,185.00
    $0 Drive off fees/down
    $807.96 Monthly
    $874.62 Monthly including tax

I was told there was not a penny left to squeeze out of them. Likely story, but I thought I would get your expert take on it anyways! Lastly, what are the pros and cons when it comes to not using LFS?

Thanks in advance!
    Hi hunts1. This truck's money factor is still the same as it was when I last mentioned it. Its 15,000 mile per year residual values are 2% lower than its 12,000 mile per year residuals. 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that Lexus Financial Services publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until the scheduled end of your lease and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome back lexusct. Congratulations on the expansion of your family :) . A number of manufacturers offer early lease termination programs on select models. I have not personally seen one from Lexus, but I would not be surprised if it had one. If you decide to get out of your current lease early, just make sure that you are not being charged anything extra for doing so.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi mdcruzz. Let's take a look at this deal. It appears as though you are being charged a selling price of $46,800 on a 2007 Lexus GX 470 that has an MSRP of $54,710. Is this correct? This looks like a very attractive selling price to me. The money factor that is available on this truck through U.S. Bank is better than Lexus Financial Services' buy rate for this model. I don't think that there's anything wrong with leasing this truck through an independent bank instead of LFS if it has a better lease program. Overall I would say that this is a very good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • rfallsrfalls Member Posts: 9
    Car_man:

Looking at the GX470 as well. Do you have MF and residual for a GX470 with Nav and Third Row Seat; MSRP of $53461 and sale price of $47250 plus tax/tags.
  • rfallsrfalls Member Posts: 9
    MF and Residual for 24 months and 36 months; 12,000 miles.

Thanks Car_man.
    Hi rfalls. Lexus just enhanced its money factors on most vehicles on July 23rd. Its lease program for this truck varies by term and mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 GX 470 without the entertainment system with 15,000 miles per year are .00245 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • us_matrixus_matrix Member Posts: 17
    Hi Car_man,

I am new to Lexus leasing world. I am thinking about to get jeep. In my mind, GX 470 or X5. I am currently leasing a MB E350 but i have some question about the residual value.
    In MB or BMW, their residual value is 60% for 36 months in 12k per yr. But i just learned that from Lexus their residual value is much lower like 50% in same term, which mean that lease payment will be much higher than leasing a MB or BMW with the same selling price and MF. Please correct me if i am wrong. I always thought Lexus is not depreciate as much as MB or BMW but it does not seems like in leasing game.

Thanks
  • toddc2toddc2 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

Same question for 60 month, 12k miles and tier 1+ credit. I've seen bank quotes as low as MF .00226 and residual 39% for this lease, just looking for the best deal.
  • hotchilipepperhotchilipepper Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car_man,

I have a 2005 GX and my lease will run out Aug 2008. I'm pretty excited about the new 08 GX model coming out at the end of the month, since I will definitely lease another GX again. I do have a question regarding turning in my 05 GX next year with the after-market DVD entertainment system. Can I take them out before turning the car in at the end of my lease, so I can install it in the new car? Basically the 2 LCD screens on the headrests will come out and the original headrests that came with the car will go back in. The DVD unit is inside the center console and can come out without damages to the car. The after- market entertainment system price was included in the original lease price. I was told by someone that since it's not factory-installed, I can take it out before turning the car in. Is that correct? Thanks for your help!
  • freshwaterfreshwater Member Posts: 92
    I leased a GX-470. Their was trade in involve too.
    MSRP=$55650.(NAV/3rd seat/RES.....)
    negotiated price=$49000 (delaer told me the invoice is $48650)
    36m/12k. $0 down.
    per month $880 (out of door every thing included)) but also get back $11.5K for my trade in after they will payoff my car. I got the kkb value for trade In. So if I do the math right it will be $560/month since I got back 11.5k. (11500/36 = 320) 880-320=560.

Is that a reasonable deal. The deal was done in 30 min not much hassle since I asked him that I will pay invoice price only and I am sure if I would have persist more they would have come to invoice but since a trade in was involve I did not push for more. They offer me the best price I got so far on trade in.
  • beriskyberisky Member Posts: 35
    I'm about to lease a '08 GX470 White/Tan.

MSRP $52,225 + tax.

36 mo / 30k miles

They want $1,400 drive off and $880/mo (incl tax)

Good deal?
    Greetings us_matrix. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Let's take a look at the lease programs for the trucks that you mentioned. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 GX 470 with 12,000 miles per year are .00285 and 52%, respectively. If I recall correctly, BMW Financial Services' current money factor and residual value for an otherwise identical lease of an '07 X5 3.0 are .00230 and 58%. As you can see, BMW's lease program for the X5 is much more attractive than Lexus' current program for the GX 470.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi toddc2. I always advise consumers against leasing for 60 months. It is usually very expensive to get out of leases prior to their scheduled end dates. A lot can happen over the course of five years to make you want to get a different vehicle. Your commute to work could change causing you to go way over your mileage allowance, you could get sick of your truck and want something different, etc... It is best to stick to a 36 to 39 month lease, 48 months at the longest.

Lexus is not currently providing any lease support on the GX 470. If you were to lease one through Lexus Financial Services right now, you would have to use its standard money factor. Its standard factor may vary slightly by region, but it should currently be around .00285 for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier. LFS' current 60 month, 12,000 mile per year residual value is only 36%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hotchilipepper. If the dealer did not residualize the aftermarket entertainment system that you put in your leased GX 470, and I suspect that they did not, then you would be able to take it with you at the end of your lease so that you can install it in your next vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on your new truck, freshwater. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Make sure to stop by the new Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    Hello berisky. You never mentioned the selling price of the GX 470 that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    White/Tan

$52,225 MSRP
    $46,701 Negotiated
    $1150 Chrome Whls
    $160 Window Tint
    $895 XM Radio
    $2000 Rear Seat DVD in each headrest
    $600 Acquisition Fee
    $51,506 Total

$1500 drive off includes first payment & reg
    $860/mo 35 months & 10k mi/year

Good?
  • caligirl5caligirl5 Member Posts: 23
    This is the first time I am considering leasing and any information/advice would be appreciated. I received the following quote and it seems like a decent deal:
    GX470 with MSRP: $53,536
    Includes:
    Navigation System / Mark Levinson Audio Package Includes:
    Backup Camera
    Cargo Net, Cargo Mat, Wheel Locks
    Exhaust Tip
    Rear Spoiler
    Third Row Seat With Rear Air Conditioner
    Tow Hitch Bracket

Sale price $45,688
    Residual $29,444.
    MF .00275
    $1500 Total Drive Offs
    36 @ $735. Incl Tax.

I asked for a quote based on 3 years/12,000 miles per year so I believe this is for 36,000 miles. I am trying to confirm this with the dealer. Will the December to Remember deals be better? Any chance I can negotiate a better money factor now and not wait until the end of November? I believe the money factor will go down to .00225 at that point in time.
    Thanks for any responses!
    seems like a great deal. grab it.
    Hi berisky. The truck that you described has a whopping spread of over $6,500 between its MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The $5,500 discount that you negotiated on the specific unit that you are interested in is a pretty reasonable price. It is probably equivalent to around $1,000 over invoice. Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor to calculate your monthly payment and you're all set. LFS' current buy rate for this model should be around .00275 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome caligirl5. Since you have never leased before, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

The lease money factor that you were quoted good, it's right in line with Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate for this model. You are being given a huge discount on this truck as well. If you like it, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • whichluxurycarwhichluxurycar Member Posts: 54
    Does anyone know the lease factor and residual that I should expect in the Texas market for GX470 in a 36 month lease with a 15k mile/year allowance?
  • eyoungeyoung Member Posts: 2
    Where did everyone go?
    I am looking for leasing information in Texas as well.
  • firstntenfirstnten Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car_man,

I'm looking for details on the December to Remember Sales Event. Specifically, I'm looking for cash incentives, taxes paid by manufacturer, money factor, and residual for a 36 month / 12,000 mile lease on a 2008 or 2007 GX 470 with navigation, third row seat, a rear seat entertainment system, both preferred accessory options, rear spoiler, and a tow hitch receiver with ball mount. I believe the entertainment package is the only option that changes the residual percentage. Also, I needed to confirm the money factor discount for multiple security deposits. Can you help?

Thanks.
    I'm also looking for leasing information for 3 years/ 12K miles per year on the same vehicle but a 2008 model only. So far I've received two quotes one with a .00295 money factor and the other with a .00255 mf. The residual given has been 56%. I doubt either of these dealers are giving the buy rate money factor.

Car_man, any help is greatly appreciated.
    56% residual and a .00255 mf is better than the figures you posted in September, which is encouraging. I agree (hope) that the mf is actually lower during December to Remember. Is the 56% residual based on a GX 470 with or without an rear seat entertainment system?
    Hi firstnten,

The figures are for the GX470 with Mark Lev/Nav, third row, preferred accessory pkg plus dual screen RSE added to the headrests. Although the money factor is better than the previous quote I'm finding that the dealers are not taking as much off the MSRP now. Interestingly, I have a quote on a Mercedes GL 450 with the dual screen RSE and the monthly payment is coming out very close to the GX470 payment even though the GL450 cap cost is nearly 10K more than the GX.
    Thanks caligirl5. Good info, especially since the GL is also on my list.
    Hi firstnten. Lexus is not currently providing any cash incentives on the 2008 GX 470, but it does have $1,500 dealer cash on the 2007 model. As far as this truck's lease program goes, Lexus Financial Services' December to Remember buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 GX 470 with the entertainment system with 12,000 miles per year are .00255 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

LFS provides a .00010 money factor reduction for every additional security deposit lessees make, up to a maximum of nine.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi caligirl5. Lexus Financial Services' new December to Remember buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 GX 470 with the entertainment system and 12,000 miles per year are .00255 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Firstnten, check out the 39 month lease for the GL450. Currently MBF is offering a .00180 money factor on the vehicle for the 39 month term.
    Thanks for the information Car_man!
    Opps! It's the 33 month term with .00180 MF (not 39 months).
    You're very welcome, caligirl5.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks. That's a good MF. Mercedes, like Lexus, offers a discount on MF with multiple security deposits, which would really get the MF ridiculously low. You may have already found this Mercedes site, but it list the lease details along with residual values for the deal you mention. Mercedes Lease Deals

(Sorry for the off topic post everyone, but I wanted to share this info with caligirl5 since she has been very helpful researching the GX and alternatives.)
    Thanks Car_man. Do you happen to know the MF and residual for the 2007 model?
    Car_man: Have the following numbers changed now that it is December? Money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 GX 470 with the entertainment system with 12,000 miles per year are .00255 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

Also, please disregard the request for the 2007 information. I could not get the options I wanted on the last remaining ones. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.