Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• asninlaasninla Member Posts: 9
    My apologies carman and kyfdk. I must have been thinking about a GLK and posted in the E Class forum.

This is what I was offered on a E350 and another dealer stated it cant be true, The dealer that gave me the quote was on the suburbs of NY, and I asked my SOCAL dealer if he could do better and I would ship the car to NY, trying to keep my dealer loyalties. My SOCAL dealer stated they could never do it, so is pricing so different from East and West coast. or is the NY dealer BS'ing me as he knows I am not back in NY for a week. It makes more sense to buy in NY. Since the NY sales guy is going on vacation from Friday to Tuesday - I wondered if the deal is not possible and he is just keeping me out of the other dealers so he can save a sale. ( I actually did not visit any other NY MB dealerships, so the sales guy could earn the commission.)

The NY dealership offered me:

MSRP: 57,515

Selling Price: 51,900

MF: .00240

Residual: 71%
    tax: 7.375% ( I am paying upfront)

Monthly lease for 24 months: $461.01

"conquest" money: $2000 (only 2 more available from this dealer he stated)

10,000 miles / year

Drive off: $2,456.82
    Upfront tax: $878 payment
    Acquisition: $795
    Docs: $75

Does this deal make sense? I always in SoCal buy from the same dealer and there are no tricks. (and it is 19 years with the same dealer) Since I am keeping the car new E 350 in NY, I figured I would go to my closest dealer.

Can this deal be possible. I cant purchase till my next NY trip in a week, otherwise I would have signed the papers. The numbers were given to me over the phone as the printout I got from the NY dealer when I was there I misplaced.
  • armani335iarmani335i Member Posts: 19
    edited April 2011
    Your discount is hard to get, but not impossible. I have gotten a little bit more discount before the conquest discount which I was not able to get due to lack of control humber, but your lease calculation is off. With what you are providing, you should get a lease payment of around $595. But you have mentioned 10k/year, which the actual residual is 72%, the payment will be around $572.
    This is what makes sales people so difficult. I was about to purchase a e350 from a dealer outside NY. Since he was going on vacation from FRiday to Tuesday, I said I will wait and not shop around as the deal was excellent. The sales guy did the work as I was sorting out between 2 models and took 2 trips in to test drive the e class and c class. Knowing that all dealers could do the same, I do not dealer shop, I just educate myself on these boards.

Yesterday, I called his sale manager to confirm the deal, and specific not to talk to another sales rep so my sales guy would not have to share the deal. The manager went through the deal (post 1611) and said it could not work.

No, after owning many MB's since 1989 I know sales persons can deal bad. It was obvious the rep gave me numbers to hold me till he got back from vacation. I know his excuse will be he put in 33 months instead of 24, or some lame excuse. I literally 3x confirmed each number with the sales rep.

I know I can go to 7 other dealers in the area, and now probably will. Sales people should respect an educated consumer as much as consumers should not play between dealers. The internet boards can give you the education you need.

Carman, what is a good discount off a $57,515 e-class. armani335i stated that the discount can be larger then what I was offered.
  • kingsburgboykingsburgboy Member Posts: 1
    Just wanted to see how you made out or if you deferred into May, as the incentives seem to be bulging with the awful NE weather.

Also, what factors did you use to decide lease vs. buy and term...in the end? I am curious what might be the best approach given the different incentives now in place. My dealer is literally calling his entire roladex trying to move inventory.

ALL: I am trading my 2008 GL450 on a E350 Sedan w/ Premium 2. I live in State College and we have a limited selection. I am a loyal Mercedes man (third in ten years) and as unhappy as I have been with the GL, the depreciation on the E series is awesome. Just can't decide whether to buy or lease this time. Have about $25 in equity on trade and $5 to put in. Any advise would be most welcome.
  • brando73brando73 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car Man,

Could you provide the MF and residual on a 36 month/15k lease on a 2011 E550 4matic. In addition do you know if the $2,000 loyalty cash is still being offered in May?

Thank you!
  • bknycbknyc Member Posts: 61
    Any facts on leasing a 2011 E350 Convertible? 36 months, basic inception fees down with 10K miles- Standard car with P1 package>

Thanks in advance-
  • shaggykenobishaggykenobi Member Posts: 3
    Been reading the post and finally was able to get an offer. Just wondering what you guys think:

2011 Mercedes Benz E350, premium package p1, sports package
    MSRP 54275
    Price 47535

33 month lease, 12k miles per year
    drive off $1500 total cash due at lease signing
    monthly $590 plus tax on approved tier 1 credit
    total payment with tax is $643

There is $2000 conquest cash included as well.
    Just got an offer from a MB rep he I have bought a few cars from in SOCAL. My specs are close, but I am getting 24 months for $591. Tax I am paying up front, with 12K miles. It is a P1, white with beige interior. My msrp was 55K and selling at 48K
  • edubyaangedubyaang Member Posts: 7
    Car_man - can you provide the lease rates (i.e. MF and Residuals) on a 2011 E550 Coupe for 36 months; 10k miles?

Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here's the information that you're looking for brando73.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 E550 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00240 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier.

I believe that the owner loyalty cash offer on the E is now $1,500.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Car_man,

Do you know what the figures are for a 10k lease?

Thanks!
    Here you go bknyc. Mercedes-Benz Financial's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 E350 Convertible with 10,000 miles per year are .00134 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey edubyaang. Mercedes-Benz Financial's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 E550 Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are .00126 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Edubyaang, MB Finance's 10,000 mile per year residual values are 3% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residuals.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_Man,

Sorry a bit confused here. Why is the money factor so much better (.00126) as opposed to .0240 for the same car but with 15,000 miles per year?

Thanks!
    Good catch edubyaang. You're absolutely right. The .00240 money factor is correct for the E550 Coupe. The .00126 factor is for the 2011 E350 Coupe. Sorry for the confusion.

The 36 month residual values for the 2011 E550 Coupe are 52% with 15,000 miles per year, 54% with 12,000 miles per year, and 55% with 10,000 miles per year.

Car_man
    Host
  • gosankegosanke Member Posts: 1
    Car_man - can you provide the lease rates Res and MF on a 2011 E550 for 36 months; 7500k miles? Also is a 39 month lease available?

Thanks in Advance
  • jvilljvill Member Posts: 1
    Dear Carman,

Local Miami, Fl dealer is offering the following on 2011 E-350 Sport with P-1, sport package.
    Sticker price is around: 56,500, plus taxes and all that. They say invoice price will be $51,500.

They are offering:
    33months
    12,000 miles per year
    $1865 at signing
    $729 tax included.

I am trying to put the least money upfront as on leases this is a waste. Is this a good deal?

On the other hand they are buying from me my 2007 E-350 sport with 48k miles for $25,000 and paying it cash. I am keeping deals separate however don't know if they are giving me more for my car but trying to kill me on the lease payment.

Your advice will be highly appreciated.

Regards
    I'd be happy to gosanke. Mercedes is not currently providing any lease support on the 2011 E550 Sedan. As a result, if you were to lease one through Mercedes-Benz Financial, you would have to use its standard lease program. Its buy rate standard lease money factor for consumers who qualify for its "Tier 1" credit tier should be around .00240.

Mercedes-Benz Finance's current 36 month, 7,500 mile per year residual value for this car is 58%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jvill. It's excellent that you know this car's MSRP and dealer invoice price, but you are still missing a key piece of information...its selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. It's your right as a consumer to know how much you are paying for your car. Let us know what this number is and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • jfinsurejfinsure Member Posts: 7
    Hi All,

I'm looking to lease a Mercedes E 350 Cabriolet lease with the following options:
    Black or metallic black
    Black Leather
    Premium 2 Package
    Appearance Package
    iPod Integration
    MSRP when I build online is $67,150
    Looking for 10,000 miles/year, 36 month
    $2500 total drive off. Zip code 94109

I want to know what I should be shooting for to know I'm getting a good deal. All help is appreciated.

Thanks!
  • jfinsurejfinsure Member Posts: 7
    Part of my question is what's a good price to get as a selling price for this vehicle?
  • chalkie1chalkie1 Member Posts: 17
    Does anyone know if the current, great lease rate residuals on e class bluetec's (approx. 77% for 2 years) will continue in June?
  • losang30losang30 Member Posts: 13
    Hello,

I am completely new to leasing. I have been offered a 2011 E-350 P-1 for sales price of 47,750, the price is for lease only, for purchase out right they are offering it to me at 48,900. The lease terms are as follows.

33 month Lease
    15k miles per year
    1,400 down drive off, includes 1st month, acqusation fees
    $599 a month + Tax .25 cents a mile over 15k

I really need 18k-20k a year in miles. I dont know what the price is for 18k miles per yer.

Can you tell me what you think of this deal, The dealer tells me that they are giving me a unbelivable deal, in fact, they said they could not honor it at a later point, if I didnt take when I was in there. To their credit, it was last day of the month and they were trying to close in on their numbers.

They told me that the money factor was .0021.

Thanks in advance.
  • storm10storm10 Member Posts: 261
    First of all, the MBF program changes tomorrow June 2nd. So you need to check the new numbers tomorrow. Secondly, you may want to wait for 2012 E-Class convertible, which will be released this month.

There is a big difference about 2012 E-Class Cabriolet. So I think it will have much better residual value than 2011, which helps a lot, if you want to lower your monthly payment. You can see all the info about upcoming Cabriolet with full specs and color chips here: 2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe and Cabriolet: Changes and Updates!
  • alex_calex_c Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2011
    P1 E350 sticker is around $54 so they're giving you $5k or so off, not bad. However, if you are coming from another E there is $1900 incentive plus .00210 mf (better than regular .00240)

There is also another $1500 the dealers have on this car right now. Try to get them to 10% off and the incentive $$$. Purchase and lease should be the same price, but they have the incentive $$$ in only the lease I believe, that's why it's different.

I just picked up a loaded P2 w/panorama and leather for $52,500, sticker is $62,130. I was coming out of a 2009 and since it was worth more than payoff I had some equity in it - enough to cover first, tags and bank fee. Payment is $520 plus tax with no cap reduction, 24 mo.

Good luck.
  • jim53jim53 Member Posts: 118
    How attractive are the current lease deals on the E63 AMG. I would be interested in 36/39 months at 10K miles per year. Any other cash incentives I should be aware of? My current E63 lease is ending soon. I got a great deal 3 yrs ago but am wondering how things look currently. Any help would be appreciated.
    Yes, chalkie1, Mercedes' June lease program for the E350 Bluetec is exactly the same as its May program was.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jim53. Mercedes is not currently providing any lease support on the E63 AMG. This means that if you were to lease one through Mercedes-Benz Finance that you would have to use its standard lease money factors. I believe that these vary by region, but generally speaking they should be around .00240 for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier.

MB Finance's current 36 month, 10,000 mile per year residual value for this car is 60%.

Mercedes is not providing any cash incentives on this car either. So in answer to your question about whether there are great deals available on he E63 right now, the answer is not really.

Car_man
    Host
  • jim53jim53 Member Posts: 118
    Thanks Car_man. Are they offering 24 or 39 month lease terms as well and if so how do the numbers change?
  • mbusa550mbusa550 Member Posts: 6
    Neat forum..Thanks in advance to anyone who answers.

Looking at 2011 E550, package 2 plus some options MSRP around $72k.

Questions:

1. What is the general discount from MSRP I should target?

2. What is approx. money factor and residual % right now? Is the factor negotiable at all w/ MB? I was able to negiotate (via the dealer) with GMAC (now Ally) for my CTS-V, but new to MB. Are there any programs?

3. General feelings on leasing a 550 vs. 350? Seems to be a much lower residual (not surprised since its more niche) and less programs.. but sometimes that also drives incentives.. is it better to wait until new year, etc.

4. Oddball question - I am considering the European Delivery option.. Program says 7% off MSRP.. does anyone know if this is negotiable? I suppose depedning on the answer to #1, this may not be an economical option (I can always pay for my own trip). Obvioulsy, it would be neat either way, but if current discount is alot more than 7, not worth it.

Again, thanks. First time MB, very excited.
    Sorry - forgot 2 obvious factors.. 12k mileage and 36/42/48 months if anyone has those.
  • dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    Hi mbusa550,

I'm in a similar situation as I was looking at a 2011 E550 for my wife until I learned that '12 E350 should feature a 302hp engined with improved fuel economy. I don't remember the changes, if any, that will be made to the '12 E550. My MB dealer has advised me that the 2012's will be in showrooms in late August/early September.

Naturally, the availability of 2012 models puts you in a stronger position when negotiating either to purchase or lease a 2011. I've decided that come Aug/Sept, I will either,
    - Lease a 2012 E350 - Depends on the RV and MF on the 2012, coupled with the incentives available at the time for a loyal MB owner, or
    - Purchase a 2011 E550 - Push for a price $2000-2500 below Invoice (not including any MB incentives)

Speaking to Q4, I have not done MB's European Delivery Program, but I did do Audi's program and I suspect the two are similar. The Audi dealer had minimal ability to discount the purchase price as he had to stick to the corporate percentage off of list. (I confirmed with other Audi dealers at the time, and they were in similar positions.) However, he did provide a few aftermarket items. I would approach the European Delivery Program not as a mechanism to get a good deal, but rather as a means to justify a needed vacation.

I can't speak to the RV and MF for this month, and I would recommend sourcing the info from CarMan.

My two rupees...
    Thanks dewarsandsoda [although I prefer Johnnie]-,

Figured that on the Euro delivery.. I have already been to the MB factory museum and many of the sites (albeit not in my very own MB), so unless it was a good financial deal, I will probably pass. Good advice on waiting until August or so, works perfect for me, my CTS-V lease ends in August.

So, you think below invoice, thats good to know. I'll wait to see if CarMan can answer the rates.

Thanks again
    edited June 2011
    Hello,

I am set on a E350 Steel Grey p2 package, 18" AMG wheels, accessory styling package, Ac power outlet for potential lease or purchase.

The MSRP is $58,920.00

After going back and forth they will do the following. They will keep it available for me till tomorrow

Lease it out at 600.00 a month for 33 months, includes 15k (excluding tax). 1400 drive off, includes TAX, license and 1st month. Tax includes, I am looking at 650 a month.

Purchase it out.

The purchase price of $49870.00.

I think the purchase price is an aggressive number.

Can anyone give me any advice. Which way to go. I like the lease, but the purchase price seems almost too good to be true.

I dont have a current MB or a Conquest vehicle and as result there are no incentives there.

Thanks
  • benz2779benz2779 Member Posts: 31
    The numbers don't add up… What state are you in??
    Thanks for your response.

Im in CA. I went to the dealer and found out why the numbers are what they are.

Apperantly, Mercedes has a program called customre Advocacy Program, which is reserved for VIP customers, and employees and employees familites and associates of the dealership.

Is anyone familiar with this program. It does require me to sign a document acknowleding that I am reciveing the said discount which is approximately $2600 off.

Has anyone heard of this program Customer Advocay Program and does it affet my obligations under the lease etc.

Thanks
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    It's a good program. Same as an employee would get. I would suggest you jump on it.
    edited June 2011
    Thanks so much for your input.

I got a little concerned when the document that I had to sign indicated that I acknowledge that my purchase was done under the customer advocacy program. Also, it had indicated that the certificate must be maintained by the dealer in accordance with the customer advocacy program rules.

I was not given any rules. Why are they having me sign it? Do I have the same obligation and duties as everyone else or is my purchase or lease somehow different.

Am I just overreacting? I had never heard of it and it freaked me out.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you soo much for your quick response.

Thanks again in advance.
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    edited June 2011
    I'm not familiar with the form they want you to sign, but usually a copy of all paperwork is retained by the dealer, and all deals are subject to the manufacturers audit. Wouldn't affect you, I would think....

I would simply ask them to explain it to you. And if you are still concerned, maybe pass on the deal so they can give it to someone else. I know back when I sold MB's, we only got a few VIP deals per month, mostly for relatives or special customers. I leased my son several E Classes under the VIP program. It was a much better deal than he could have gotten elsewhere.
    Thank you.

That certainly makes me much more relaxed about it. They explained it as you have, that essentially it is for employees, their families, special partners and dealerships VIP only and that they were making a special deal, I guess, since I had never heard of it, I was too skeptical.

Thanks again.
  • shawn757shawn757 Member Posts: 204
    Losang if you don't mind me asking Which CA delership is this? I am also trying to Get a MB. Thanks
    You're welcome jim53. The money factors for the other terms are the same, but the 24 month residual value is 59%. I don't think that it's offering 39 month leases of this car, but its 42 month residual value is 50%.

Car_man
    Host
    Car man,
    Can you tell me the numbers for e350 bluetec?
    42 month 24month 39 month MF and residual?
  • wmdeckwmdeck Member Posts: 1
    What are the MF and residual? Also, they are offering $4K conquest. MSRP was $57K. Their current number with discount is $50,500. Shouldnt I be at under $53K before Conquest $ --> or total at $49K and with discount? Currently at $695 + tax and $0 down. Not feeling it. Thanks for help.
  • rquino2000rquino2000 Member Posts: 3
    E350 Sport with Premium 1 Package. White Exterior Black MB-Tex interior.

Dealer is offering price of $48,269

$3400 out of pocket (tax, fees, 1st month)

Monthly payment of $568.33, 33 month lease 10K miles per year.

Does this sound like a good deal? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
  • aliceb1aliceb1 Member Posts: 3
    Carman or someone else who is knowledgeable, could you explain what a truly aggressive lease quote should be on MSRP $55,800 with nothing down 15,000 miles per year? Tier 1 Credit and eligible for Conquest.

Also, any dealerships you might recommend in Northern CA? The best price I got was 46k sale price. Please let me know if I can do better.
  • thundercowthundercow Member Posts: 1
    This is an informative forum--I had no idea that these lease rates were sort of a published, standardized thing. Well, I just found the car I wanted, an e350 Bluetec, with an MSRP of about 55,500. I qualified for conquest and Tier 1 and they quoted a final purchase price of 51,000, but I haven't even been told the money factor until I "come in to pick up the car". My best estimate of the money factor is that it is well over .00333 (8%).

This doesn't sound like the current rate, does anyone know what that rate is?
    They have marked up the MF. I think the normal mf is 0.00240
    Don't do that deal. you can get closer to $10000 off MSRP.
    The best I have right now is $9250 off including the conquest. They only marked up the MF from .00200 super tier1 autopay to 0.00230. Some even tried to mark up the mf to 0.00360 after giving $10000 off. pathetic
  • richardnvarichardnva Member Posts: 91
    Does anyone have any experience with using the usaa car buying program?
    They are quoting $48,201 for a E350 w premium 1 and sunroof which is about $2000 less than Edmunds TMV and about $7k off MSRP. Looks like a good price, but I'm a first time MB buyer and not familiar with the "conquest" program and don't know if a dealership with offer a lease if you use the Usaa program. Would appreciate feedback on this. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.