Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Xterra Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
edited April 2014 in Nissan
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Nissan Xterra. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• dave85dave85 Member Posts: 13
    Can you tell me what the money factor and residual is for a 2006 Xterra SE with no extras.
  • arizonajoearizonajoe Member Posts: 123
    I don't have the answer, but you probably want to specify 2WD or 4WD, and auto vs. manual, so that people know exactly what vehicle you are referring to...
  • senwotsenwot Member Posts: 1
    I am considering leasing vs. buying a 2006 Xterra - Off Road model. It is an automatic w/ 4WD. Minimal options.
    MSRP = $28,300

Lease is $465/mo. with $0 down for 36 mos (15k miles/year) or;
    Purchase at @26,900. (incl all fees. Thoughts anyone?
  • newronewro Member Posts: 21
    I have some thoughts, went through exactly the same scenario with Nissan, same lease price. Told the sales person that their price was out of line, especially since she wanted to put me in a pathfinder for $399/month. I have never owned an XTerra, but can only assume that Nissan does not think much of the residual on this truck. For $465 I can do a lot better than a $28,000 truck. I dont see many on the road and thats the reason. The lease price makes no sense. Plenty of other trucks to look at with leases that actually make sense.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Greetings dave85. This truck's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. For now, I will provide you with its 36 month, 15,000 mile per year numbers (these are fairly common lease terms). Let me know if you want something different. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00177 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • steveveystevevey Member Posts: 7
    Thats rediculous for a 26k truck, especially when you can lease a 30k 4runner for like 259/month with 3k down or like 339/mth with zero down.

probably better off buying the Xterra, leasing the Pathfinder.
  • alphawolfealphawolfe Member Posts: 2
    How is the residual value percentage determined and does it vary depending upon location? If so, what is it in Portland Oregon?
  • alphawolfealphawolfe Member Posts: 2
    How is the residual value percentage determined and does it vary depending upon location? If so, what is it in Portland Oregon
  • bmwlookerbmwlooker Member Posts: 9
    In Colorado, and need to verify rate factor and residual on a 2006 Nissan Xterra 4dr Off Road V6 Auto 4WD

Your Build Invoice MSRP
    Base $25,392 $27,150
    Options $0 $0
    Destination $605 $605
    Total $25,997 $27,755

And current rebates. Thank you!
    Loren
  • matthattan1587matthattan1587 Member Posts: 53
    Hello I was wondering what the lease prce would be around if I were to get a brand new Nissan Xterra SE with optional side air bags, satellite radio, ilumminated mirror/compass, and a grille guard?
    I currently have a 2004 Honda Accord EX Sedan with leather, xm satellite radio, front and side air bags (front and rear) 4cyl engine etc. Kelly Blue Book estimates my value to be $17000 with mileage at 15000 (right now I am at 14000, so may be worth more) I am looking to trade this into Nissan for a new Xterra as I mentioned.

Also my lease ends in March, but would like to get into this Xterra sooner than March...how do I go about this?

Any help with these questions will be great! :)
    Greetings Loren. This truck's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you are allowed to drive it. For now I will assume that you are interested in a typical 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road 4WD through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00159 and 51%, respectively. Nissan is currently providing $1,000 customer cash on the '06 Xterra, but unfortunately this cash cannot be combined with the aforementioned special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hi matthattan1587. Your lease payment for this truck depends upon its MSRP and selling price. If you provide me with these numbers, I would be happy to use Nissan's actual lease program to estimate what this truck's monthly payment should be. You can find its MSRP and dealer invoice price by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing.

If you are currently in a lease that is not scheduled to end until next March, it would be in your best interest to wait a while to get a new vehicle. It is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases before their scheduled end dates.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • nay6nay6 Member Posts: 1
    Hi any help will be so greatly appreciated.
    Looked into a Nissan Xterra lease, SE model, MSRP price is$26,700
    My trade in amount is $2300 and in telling the dealer I wanted to pay no more than $310 a month, he was able to get my payment to that with no out of pocket. Something is not sitting well in that it's a 39 month lease and he told me the buyout at the end of the lease is $13,997
    The deal sounds too good to be true and I'm afraid there's a hidden catch somewhere? Any advice or suggestions?
  • joshmel1joshmel1 Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone happen to have the residual, and Money factors for a 2006 Nissan Xterra SE 4X4 for September, 2006. Any help with this would be great, as we are about to start our war with the local dealers.

Sorry the term will be 39 months with 15000 miles.

Josh :P
    Hello Josh. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2006 Xterra SE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00126 and 51%. respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • eagles2eagles2 Member Posts: 7
    Car Man
    I am looking at a 06 SE 4wd, MSRP of $28,885. Selling price of $25,622, I will be rolling in $1,900 from my current car into the lease. MF .00125,Resid. 51%. 39 months @ 15,000 yr. I would like to know what the payments should be and if this information looks to be fair and accurate. Dealer quote is $404/m

Thank you.
  • tinycadontinycadon Member Posts: 287
    I can't tell you about your lease payments but I can tell you this, DO NOT roll that $1,900 into the lease!!!!! Get them to cut you a check for the vehicle and pocket the money. A) It's not going to significantly reduce your payments. B) You can use that money to make your initial 4 or 5 payments and most importantly C) If you drive that vehicle off the lot, get into a wreck and total the vehicle, you will not get back 1 dime of that down payment from the insurance co. When you lease, and total a vehicle, they will only pay out the balance that is left on the lease, they will not pay out the total value of the vehicle. So if your truck is worth $23.5 and you only owe $21.6 on the lease, you will only get $21.6 in the settlement meaning your $1,900 is out the window!
  • eagles2eagles2 Member Posts: 7
    I should have clarified the $1900. This is not equity, this is the difference of the trade in value and the balance owed on the vehicle.
  • nanbakatnanbakat Member Posts: 20
    I'm looking at leasing a 2007 XTerra Off-Road edition with 4X4 for 36 months and 15,00 miles a year. (I'd put zero down and only pay TTL and first month's payment at lease inception.)

My question:

What is the best money factor available to me from NMAC? (I recently pulled my credit report and my credit score is over 800.) Correct me if I'm mistaken, but can someone with great credit like me haggle over money factors applied to leases? I've looked at a lot of the bulletin boards for leasing Nissan vehicles and it seems that the money factors on Nissan leases are all over the map. How is the money factor figured out? Does the finance manager look at a sliding scale, a computer screen, or does he just pull it out of thin air? Does it vary by the model you buy or does it vary by the customer who signs the lease?

What would be the money factor on a lease like this?
  • tinycadontinycadon Member Posts: 287
    Sounds like this lease is a special financing lease by Nissan since you're not putting any money down other than the TTL + 1st month's payment. If that's the case then the money factor is set, there's no negotiating it.
    Hi eagles2. You probably would be better off paying the $1,900 that you are upside down on your current car off on your own than rolling it into your new lease. I can estimate what this truck's lease payment will be with and without it for you. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD with an MSRP of $28,885 and a selling price of $25,622 through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $337. If you were to roll the $1,900 in negative equity into your lease, it would increase the monthly payment to around $388.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings nanbakat. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Xterra Off Road 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00221 and 51%, respectively. Nissan's lease program varies by model. This is the best possible money factor that is available on this model. Haggling will not get you a better factor than this.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Car_man:

You wrote to eagles2:

"if you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD with an MSRP of $28,885 and a selling price of $25,622 through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $337."

25,622 is a VERY good price for this vehicle. How did you arrive at that price figure? Is that invoice pricing minus some sort of year-end closeout incentive?

What money factor did you use to calculate that lease payment? It seems that Nissan likes 39 month leases and gives better interest rates on 39 month leases as opposed to 36 month leases.
    Hi nanbakat. $25,622 is the selling price that eagles2 told me he was able to get this truck for in the post that I was replying to. I am not sure where eagles2 got this number from, but I assume that it was a quote from a dealer. NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2006 Xterra SE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 50%. Nissan's 39 month term provides the lowest available money factor on this model right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • jbs7jbs7 Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone,
    I'm attempting to lease a 2007 Nissan Xterra SE in the Toledo, OH area. I'm looking to lease it (39 months, 12,000 miles) with nothing down and am finding my offers to be much higher than I anticipated. My offers thus far:
    $560 a month - joke
    $480 a month - too high
    $448 a month - my best offer but still seems very pricy
    This is my first time dealing with Nissan. Are they not a good company to lease from? Is buying the way to go with them?? $26,481 is the lease price...$28,628 is the out the door pricing on a purchase.

Thanks in advance!
  • sidneydawsonsidneydawson Member Posts: 4
    Generally, Xterras don't lease out well. Most lenders think of them as off-road vehicles that are going to get driven HARD and therefore returned in rough shape. Pickup trucks are similar when it comes to leasing in my opinion. Its definately a "buy" vehicle. If your heart is set on leasing, you may get more value out of something else.
    After investigating an Xterra lease, I decided that the cost of leasing was too high. It made more sense to buy the vehicle than it did to lease it.

However, I did not want to buy a vehicle so instead I leased a different brand of car.

I went ahead and leased a Land Rover instead. I'm very happy with that decision, and it's a far better off-road vehicle than the X-Terra will ever be.
  • just1babyjust1baby Member Posts: 1
    07 xterra everything out the door $251/mo I think 39 month lease $1000 down and old car trade in. What do you think?

Thank you!!!
    Hi jbs7. Nissan leases its vehicles through its captive finance company, Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. I haven't heard anything bad about them. Nissan's lease program on the 2007 Xterra isn't bad right now. There's nothing wrong with leasing one through NMAC at this time. If you provide me with the MSRP and selling price of the exact truck that you are interested in (if $26,481 is the selling price then I just need the MSRP), I would be happy to tell you what I think of this deal. The MSRP will show me how much of a discount you are being given and it will enable me to use Nissan's current lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings just1baby. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Xterra that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are. Also make sure to mention how much you were given for your old vehicle as a trade-in allowance.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • smithjhsmithjh Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    Could I please get residual value and money factor figures for a certified preowned 2006 offroad 4X4 in NC? The dealer has listed the truck at about $22K. What are your thoughts on leasing a used car? Is this a bonehead idea?

Thanks
    Hi smithjh. I do not personally keep tabs on the lease programs for used vehicles. I have found that manufacturers' used vehicle lease programs are usually not as attractive as their used vehicle programs and that the difference between leasing a CPO vehicle and a similar brand new one is often not as much as one would think. Make sure to compare the lease payment for the used Xterra that you are interested in to the payment for a similar new model before going with the used model.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    Car_Man
    Could you post the MF and Residual for a 2007 versus a 2008 Xterra? If the models have diff numbers use the Xterra S. 36m/15000 miles . There is xtra cash back on 2007 but trying to see if higher residual of 2008 makes for a better deal...
    Thanks.
    Hey steevo. Here's the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Nissan Xterra S 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00225 and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2007 Xterra S 4WD are .00059 and 51%. Nissan is not currently providing cash incentives on leases of either of these trucks.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • ucfphi225ucfphi225 Member Posts: 18
    I am looking at leasing an 08 Xterra, probably an SE RWD with airbag and tow package. I was looking at a Pathfinder...but don't think we need something that big just yet.
    I want to pay tax, title, tag, and at most another $1000 down to drive it away. I plan on using the internet and carsdirect to get a bunch of quotes.
    Edmonds lists MSRP at $28,640 and Invoice at $26,771.
    I think there's a $2500 incentive going on right now.
    I am just starting to begin the research and plan to buy next month. Can anyone provide the residual percentage for the Xterra I want and the current money factor (my wife and I have exceptional credit)? Trying to calculate my monthly payment, roughly.
    No one has posted on here in a while, anyone have any recent experience leasing one...prices/payments/ etc. Thanks in advance for any help. :D
    Hi ucfphi225. You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Nissan Xterra SE 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00142 and 53%, respectively. Unfortunately, the $2,500 consumer cash incentive that you mentioned is not compatible with this special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • g17g17 Member Posts: 45
    Hi Car_man...

i was wondering if you could provide the financial numbers for an 08 Xterra.

Im looking at a loaded SE 4x4. Do you have the MF and res for this model for
    24 mo. 15k/yr
    36 mo. 15k/yr

Thanks in advance! :)
    Here you go, g17. NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00069 and 60%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00069 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    what is the gooing leese rate on a 2008 exterra now or probbly bettor off byeing let me no marco
    Hi marco. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of an '08 Xterra is a very attractive .00050. This is equivalent to an interest rate of only 1.2%.

Car_man
    Host
  • gadomgadom Member Posts: 16
    Given the up to $8500 off MSRP (5,000 dealer incentive, 3,000 cash back, 500 new grad) that large volume Nissan dealers are offering I would say buy it.
  • redramblerredrambler Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I leased my 2007 XTerra OR in Nov 2007, with payments of $506/mo. Now, much as I totally enjoy this vehicle, I need to do everything I can to save money for a house, and the one thing I don't like is the gas mileage =< Besides, the XTerra has just become impractical for me.
    Is is possible to "trade down" within Nissan for a smaller, lower rate/less expensive car?
    Hi redrambler. I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates, even if you want to get a different vehicle from the same manufacturer. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. This is especially true in today's economy where the prices of used vehicles, particularly for used trucks, have absolutely fallen off of a cliff.

Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • zooch76zooch76 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Everyone,

I went to lease an 09 Xterra Off Road but the numbers were insane. The dealer claimed the following:

Money Factor: .00390
    Residual: 36%

Needless to say, both of these numbers drove the payment through the roof! I have tier 2 credit but still, that residual really killed it. And besides, credit shouldn't effect the residual, should it? I am in Southern California.

Thanks,
    Zach
    Hi Zach. If you are set on leasing your next vehicle, then the Xterra is definitely not for you. Nissan is not currently providing any lease support on the 2009 Xterra. As a result, if you were to lease one through Nissan Motor acceptance Corp. right now you would have to use its standard lease money factor. At .00310, NMAC's top buy rate standard lease money factor is better than what you were quoted, but still bad. That's equivalent to an interest rate of a little over 7.4%.

The Xterra's residual values are terrible as well. We're talking in the high 30% area for a 36 month, 15,000 mile per year lease. Ouch :sick: .

This is not the truck for someone who wants to lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • zooch76zooch76 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the info Car_man! These boards are great and you do a great job providing answers for everyone, especially the people like me who have so many questions! Thanks again!
    You're very welcome, zooch76. Thanks for the kind words.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.