Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saab 9-3 Lease Questions

Comments

• lix5guylix5guy Member Posts: 1
    Just letting the board know I picked a 9-3 2.0T (manual) for $330/mo, 27mos, 10k miles and $0 down (2300 out of pocket for taxes/fees n other stuff). The car had a sun roof and heated seats (maybe a winter package?) I think the residual was 70% for the 27mos.
  • scottyb1scottyb1 Member Posts: 11
    Looking to lease a 9-3 Aero and I have no idea what a fair payment would be with the GM discount factored in. Does this affect the sale price, money factor or what? Also does anyone know current risiduals? It seems like the money facotr is going to be 4.25%, is that correct? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • afaulknerafaulkner Member Posts: 1
    Does this jibe? (+Prem 16 pckg/roof rails)
    36mth @ 12000mi
    * monthly: 463.11
    * due @ sign: 597.36
    * cap cost: 31,391
    * residual: 58%
    * money factor: 3.5
    * MSRP 33,210

I test drove one and liked it, and then sent out a request for quote, so no negotiating has happened yet.
  • sidvsidv Member Posts: 64
    GM discount only impacts the sales price, not the money factor. You, or whoever you are getting the discount from, can download a complete pricelist from the GMfamilyfirst website. You get a basic amount off of MSRP, a % off of options as well as any incentives available to the general public. Also, most 07 Saabs had an additional $500 off for GM employee discount eligible purchases/leases through the end of 06, but I don't know if this is still true now that it is 07.

Unless rates have recently risen, you can probably do better on that money factor-I went to two dealers in Nov 06 and one quoted me (9-3 Aero SC) a money factor around what you were quoted but the other was willing to go into the mid 3's (I forget the exact details but they've been posted on this board previously).
  • crzycool22crzycool22 Member Posts: 18
    I am looking to lease a 2007 9-3 2.0T, I only want a cold weather package, sunroof, Metallic paint. MSRP should be $29,295. Edmunds is showing others paying $27,130. a discount of $2,165. (I am a returning leasee with Saab)
    I am seeking 27 months at around $310-$320 per month (10K miles) with minumum at signing. 1st month and DMV fees only. $600-$700 down max.

Is this reasonable to negotiate or am I off. It seems right based on the current national offering by saab and the dealer tells me I get an additional $500 from Saab as a returning leasee. any help is appreciated. Will sign today to get this deal.
  • shawnmgrossshawnmgross Member Posts: 1
    I know the expression "good deal" is quite subjective, so perhaps I'm asking "does this seem in line with what others have leased their saab 9-3's for?"

MSRP: 28,745
    Lease: 239/mo
    Cap Cost: 1,999
    27 mo/10K miles
    All other fees extra - title, tax, delivery, bank fees etc.

If I was looking for an additional 2-5K miles a year what would I expect to pay?

Interested to get your feedback. This is in the Boston area.

Many thanks!
  • saablcpsaablcp Member Posts: 195
    No,it isn't realistic.The discount you are looking for is below the dealers net/net cost(Invoice minus dealer reserve money)The SAAB national lease ad is on a similarly priced car and requires about $3,300 to $3,600 total at inception and only gives the dealer about $200 above invoice and leases at $299 plus tax.Your are right about one thing ...if you can find a dealer to do that deal,definitely sign today!LOL!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi scottyb1. I would be happy to give you an idea of what sort of lease payment to expect on the new 9-3 that you are interested in. In order for me to do so, I'm going to need some additional information from you first. this info includes how long you want to lease for, how many miles per year you need to be able to drive your car, its MSRP, and its approximate selling price. Let me know and I will crunch some numbers to come up with an approximate payment for you.

Saab Financial Services Corp.'s current base lease rate for any lease of a 2007 9-3 Aero Sedan up to 48 months is 3.35%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi afaulkner. The lease rate that you were quoted for this vehicle is right in line with Saab's base lease rate for it. This is always a good thing. Now let's look at this vehicle's price. A 2007 Saab 9-3 Sport Combi 2.0T only has a spread of around $1,500 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice and Saab is not currently providing any lease cash on it. You were offered a discount of $819 on this vehicle. That probably puts you at around $700 or so over invoice, which isn't bad. You may be able to beat this deal by a couple hundred dollars if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition and you shop around but there isn't a whole lot of room to play with here. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar vehicles lately: "Saab 9-3 : Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi shawnmgross. The best way to tell if you are getting a good deal on a lease is to look at the vehicle's selling price and lease rate. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Shop around and negotiate the lowest possible price for the 9-3 that you want and then have the dealer that gives you that price calculate your lease payment using its base lease rate. If you tell me which trim level of the 9-3 you want, I can tell you want its current base lease rate should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • scottyb1scottyb1 Member Posts: 11
    Hi CarMan,
    Thanks for the reply. I actually drove the 9-3 Aero and wasn't impressed to say the least. The search continues....

Thanks again!
  • rajarrajar Member Posts: 5
    I'm first time leasing 2007 9-3 2.0T. Please let me know your thoughts of these numbers I got today over the phone from a dealer in NJ.
    MSRP: 32440, CAP-cost: 30900, residual value: 22000(68%) inception charge:$1917 (includes first payment, tax, doc fee, reg. fee and something else I can't remember) monthly payment: $435-/ 27 mo./15k miles money factor 3.5%.

I have the following questions:
    1)Is the money factor 3.5% sounds reasonable?
    2) what can be negotiated ( i.e CAP cost, miles. money factor.. etc.). I would like more mileage than 15k.
    3) Have I got all the information above or there is something else I should ask?
    4) Is Inception Charge is different than down payment because he never mentioned a down payment? Is down payment an optional or is it required?

Thanks in advance.
    a 2007 93 2.0T with MSRP of $32,440 sounds like a fully loaded car. All the factors you describe above sound good, but sounds like NJ tax of 7% is in monthly pmy based on my calc. Inception charge and down payment are the same. normally you should only put down 1st pmt and dmv fees if possible.
    email me and I will give you the name of someone in NJ to use that gave me a great deal. I picked up a 2007 9-3 in Titan Gray, Manual, Cold Pkg, Sunroof, 10k miles/year. $326 per month - $731 out of pocket. (Includes 1st month and fees) The MSRP on my car was a little lower - no premium package and no premium sound system. also only 1oK miles.
    residual $20,742 - 71%
    Good luck
  • rajarrajar Member Posts: 5
    Thanks crazycool. I'll email you later to get the name ( for some reason It's not working now). As for being fully loaded; from the fast talking sales man, all I can remember that it has premium 16 package and automatic tran. is 3.5% money factor or cap cost negotiable??? thanks
    Money Factor on vehicle is good and CAP cost seems really good. (Both Negotiable) With all the features on car $435 is good, but your down payment should only be about $435 $200 DMV and Doc fee about $150? $800 total - try the Saab Dealer in Edison NJ ask for internet sales help.
  • 2000blk2000blk Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone have the lease rates for the 2006 saab 9-3 aero convertable? 24 and 36 month 15K miles

Thanks,
    Jason
  • fgaz1fgaz1 Member Posts: 15
    I know this is the golden question,,but what would be a good target area to hit with a 2007 9.3 aero $34,500 car... the national advertised plan with 10,000 miles /year..2000 down total out of pocket..i live in iowa..only a couple dealers here..not very popular in this area..thanks in advance..fred
    No problem, scottyb1. Saabs are decent cars...if the price is right. They can't compete head to head with a number of other luxury brands.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi rajar. Despite the fact that you have never leased before, you did a great job at getting all of the important information that you need to evaluate the quote that you were given. The two most important numbers to focus on when negotiating a lease are your vehicle's selling price and its lease rate.

The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable. You were quoted a discount of $1,540 on the 2007 9-3 2.0T Sedan that you are interested in. A base version of this car has a spread of $1,366 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That means that the quoted that you were given is probably only a couple hundred dollars over invoice, which is a good deal for a lease of this car right now.

Vehicles' money factors and lease rates are not negotiable in that dealers to not have the authority to lower banks' published rates. However, dealers are often allowed to make vehicles' rates up to add additional, hidden profit to deals. That's why it is important to know what the base rate should be for the vehicle that you want to lease. With the payment of a security deposit at lease signing, this car's current base lease rate is 3.35%. Make sure that the dealer you are working with uses this lease rate to calculate your car's lease payment and you're in business.

You can lease this car with 15,000 miles per year instead of 12,000, but doing to will lower its residual value slightly and in turn increase your monthly payment by a few dollars.

Inception charges are the money that you have to pay at lease signing. It is different than a down payment in that it includes your vehicle's first month's payment, its security deposit, Saab Financial Services' $595 acquisition fee, any required state taxes or fees AND your down payment IF you choose to make one. Consumers are never required to make down payments on leased vehicles. In fact, it is in your best interest not to make one. Consumers who make down payments on leases risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey Jason. Unfortunately, Saab is no longer leasing 2006 models through its captive finance company. If you really want to lease one, you will have to do so through an independent bank...if there are any that are still offering leases on '06 models. If you want to lease this car through Saab Financial Services' Corp. you will have to go with a 2007 model. SFSC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 9-3 Aero Convertible with 15,000 miles per year are 5.7% and 52%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 5.7% and 60%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Fred. The MSRP for a 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero Sedan with an automatic transmission is currently $34,895. this car's dealer invoice price is $33,142. Let's say that you are able to get it for $500 over invoice. That would put your selling price at $33,642. Using these prices, I estimate that a lease of this car through Saab Financial Services Corp. for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $411. That's a good payment to shoot for. If you are able to negotiate a lower selling price than this, this car's payment would drop slightly.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • andygrvandygrv Member Posts: 8
    I am just returning my lease and will never get one. Bad service, the dealerships in California are basically and extension of cadillac dealership.
    Add this to your cost of leasing. Brakes need replacing every $25,000 miles and $500 bucks per axel i.e $1000 on brakes. Everything falls apart. I had about 4 rcalls and the dealership loans me a Chevy cobalt from enterprise rental everytime I go there.
    If you buy a BMW you drive a BMW loaner when your car is in the shop.
    Use your own judgement before you buy or lease one.
    And the lease return, They give you a book and make you go through every nick and dent plus there the $350 recovery fee.
    Also add replacement of all 4 tires for $1000. The perelli's don't for 45,000 miles and they make you replace them for excessive wear and tear.
    I am a GM employee and won't consider another SAAB even with GM employee discount.
    I am buying the Saturn Aura.
    I don't mean this as a flame ...but in just how many forums do you plan to post your semi-literate diatribe?Your car had recalls?OK..Are you aware that everybodys "most" reliable manufacturer,Toyota, recalled more cars than any other manufacturer last year?Dealers have varying policies on loaner cars.I personally don't know of any in the Philadelphia area that have less than 12-15 Saab loaner cars available.Name me a speed rated performance tire from any manufacturer that will give you 45,000 miles of wear.And also name all the lease programs that do not have disposition fees?.... A fee which SAAB waives if you re-lease with them,by the way.Brakes at 25,000 miles($25,000?? lol!)if you are driving in an urban,stop-and-go area is not that unusual.Sorry you had a bad experience but it sounds like some of the criticisms you are applying universally are unique to your limited leasing knowledge,individual experience and some unrealistic expectations.A more mass market generic car like a Saturn may in fact be a better fit for you
  • matrsoskinmatrsoskin Member Posts: 32
    "I don't mean this as a flame"...Yes, you do, saablcp!

andygrv has told us the story about his personal experience with the SAAB lease and dealership in California, not in Pennsylvania. If you like your local SAAB dealers-good for you! The fellow in California was not trying to convince you otherwise.

Yet, having four recalls on a car is not OK, not these days.

Do not jump on this fellow because of a misprint and call him semi-literate. BTW, it is ether literate or illiterate, the same as a fish quility: there is no second grade freshness.

"...some of the criticisms you are applying universally" - do not put words in someone's mouth. Our personal experience is what we, most of the time, make our conclusions and decisions. andygrv has decided for him/herself not to deal anymore with SAAB based on his personal experience in California. If one to extrapolate your logic, he should not have come to such conclusion before spending some time in your area, where SAAB dealers are good. Then what, he/she will have to move in permanently? I do not think so.

We stay where we like, we buy cars, and if we are not happy with them, we get rid of them and buy the better ones.

Perception of a car quality is based upon opinions of individual owners. If particular owner feels that his/her car is just a moving nuisance, nothing could change that.

So, enjoy your SAAB and let others to express freely their opinions.

Matroskin
    I said semi-literate and that is what I meant...part of being taken credibly when you complain is staying on point and expressing yourself intelligently enough to be given some credence. The criticisms he expressed in "general terms",none of which you addressed, were having to pay a disposition fee(not unique to Saab)not getting more than 25,000 miles on his brakes(not unique to Saab),not getting 45,000 miles on his Pirelli speed rated/performance tires(not unique to Saab or any sport sedan with speed rated performance tires)and the high cost of replacing the brakes(once again not unique to Saab).The only criticism he made which was valid, in that it applied solely to his experience, were the dealer service related issues.The other reasons for never getting a Saab again should not be argued as being unique to Saab,as I pointed out.I still think his expectations will be better met and he will ultimately be happier with a Saturn,as would be true also of a Toyota Camry or Honda Accord.
  • dtdandldtdandl Member Posts: 2
    Good Morning:

I just received a lease offer on a 60th Anniv 9-3 2.0LTurbo...

12,000 miles
    27 months
    $401 inception
    $32,920 sticker
    GMS pricing
    $352 per month

Is anything negotiable on a GMS lease? Or is it take it or leave it. Also, what is the base rate that you speak of and how does it come into play? Thank you.
    The GMS employee pricing is a non-negotiable price.Every dealer invoice will have the GMS price clearly printed on the bottom left portion of the invoice and your Authorization document will ask you to sign off on the fact that it was disclosed to you.This is a closely audited program which only has value if it is monitored and adhered to by the dealers.The dealer is,however, allowed to mark up the lease finance rate as much as a point above the base rate.
  • bill_saabbill_saab Member Posts: 1
    hi car_man,

I have a question about leasing a 2007 saab 9-3 2.0t. This is my first time leasing so I want to make sure I'm not getting taken advantage of:

MSRP: $28,015
    $259/month, 27 months, 10,000 miles a year
    $2129 due at signing, plus taxes

This is a "special" they are running. Is there a way to not put $2129 down plus taxes? I'd like the payment to not go over $300/month. Is this possible, or am I dreaming?

I'd apreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks so much!
  • dtdandldtdandl Member Posts: 2
    The lowest I've seen for 10,000 miles is $328 a month for a 60th anniv special (there is a $1000 cash back offer on it). You'll be hard pressed to get a 9.3 for under $330 a month.

If you are leasing, why put anything down on it? $2129 divided by 27 months is $79/month. Total price is $338/month.

Don't forget, they offer early lease turn in. Sometimes 2-3 months early. So why make the downpayment? Don't throw money away. Keep it in your pocket, not his.

Wait em' out and let them come to you.
  • andygrvandygrv Member Posts: 8
    Saablcp,
    I may be illiterate but I am bright enough to understand what a real scheduled maintenance means and you should check out BMW 's site for it.
    link title

Don’t get confused with what SAAB sells as scheduled maintenance.
    BMW covers the brakes for 50,000 miles and they don't charge $1000 (front and rear) for a brake job at 25,000 miles nor does BMW ask you to replace all the tires when you return the car.

I am not trying to bash SAAB but I just want future buyers to know that there are other hidden costs when you lease a SAAB and there are other car companies like BMW that covers them. And that is the exact reason why BMW is still independent and not bought over by GM or Ford.

I am just trying to warn the buyers that in your 45,000 mile lease cost of leasing make sure you add $1000 for a brake job and a set a of tires plus a $350 recovery fees.

Saablcp
    You can use your PHD and read what BMW has to say about schedules maintanance.
    We cover all factory-recommended maintenance at no charge for four years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first, as well as items that need replacement due to regular wear and tear.

Your maintenance costs:
    • Scheduled inspections: $0
    • Brake Pads: $0
    • Brake Rotors: $0
    • Engine Belts: $0
    • Oil Changes: $0
    • Wiper Blade Inserts: $0
    • Inspections: $0
    • Fluid Services: $0

By offering such a comprehensive maintenance program with every new vehicle, we are able to help you manage the cost of ownership and keep maintenance costs down.

And since all services are done at an authorized BMW center, by a BMW certified technician who has been specially trained by us, we can guarantee that only original BMW parts will be used. In other words, your BMW will be maintained by our standards, which are, admittedly, higher than most.

Also
    BMW and Lexus actually gives a BMW or Lexus as replacement vehicle when your car is in the shop.
  • dhanleydhanley Member Posts: 1,531
    Andy.

First of all, let me point out that i am a huge BMW fan, own one, and will most probably buy a 335i sometime soon.

BMW's scheduled maintenence is one year longer than saab's and they cover brakes. But bear in mind a similar BMW may be several thousand more than a similar saab in a lease deal, or 5-10K more purchased. That will cover an extra brake job and 1 year of maintenence quite easily. On a BMW you will also most likely need to buy tires over the course of a 45K lease, and they have lease end fees as well--everyone does. BMW brakes may cost more or less than saab ones depending on where you go. Even brakes on a chevy can set you back. That's life.

Secondly, there is a lot of variance between dealers. My old saab dealer did give saabs as loaner cars. All my bmw dealers have as well, but i do know of bmw dealers that do not.
    And of course that comprehensive free scheduled maintenance is in fact totally free and the fact that the average comparably equipped BMW has an MSRP that is higher than any of it's direct competitors has no bearing on this...right?. Cosmic law of the universe,Bucko....."There's no such thing as a "free" lunch".And you still have apparently not researched what the lease end disposition fees are on the other cars in the market place.
  • dhanleydhanley Member Posts: 1,531
    >and the fact that the average comparably equipped BMW has an MSRP that is higher than any of it's direct competitors has no bearing on this...right?

Hm. That's a *little* bit of a stretch. Mercedes is certianly a direct competitior, and in some contexts more expensive companies like porsche and maserati are (m5 versus quatroporte?).

Strictly speaking, saab and BMW are not competitiors, so it's hard really compare their cost/benefit. When i think of competitors for saab, i think acura and maybe even subaru.
  • realhawkerrealhawker Member Posts: 30
    - Northern NJ -

Got a few lease quotes around the same price for a 9-3 60th anniversary with cold weather package, auto and moonroof
    msrp ~$32,000

27 months
    $320 a month
    $1000 cap cost reduc.

Only about $25 a month more than a 20,000 msrp Nissan altima...

I could have gotten the 9-3 aero for about $50 more a month if I wanted.... tempting but I don't need the power and less mpg.

Saab really does have some good lease deals right now.

easy choice!
  • sdoo25sdoo25 Member Posts: 25
    I was hoping someone could tell me what the money factor and residual value is for March for a 2.0T, 24 and 36 mo lease. TIA!
  • fgaz1fgaz1 Member Posts: 15
    What would your total out of pocket expenses be including your sales tax usage and plates? In Iowa i got a quote of 355.00 x 27 months for same car with 2000 down total...tax plates included...also ,what would the deal be for the aero as well...thanks in advance for any info you may have...thanks ,fred
  • aerogirl1aerogirl1 Member Posts: 1
    anyone know what a "good" deal on a 9-3 Aero sedan, automatic trans in the DC/MD/NoVA area would be-typical monthly payments, TTL, etc??? Thanks
  • manayukmanayuk Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man and all,

:confuse: :confuse: :confuse:

First time leasing and would appreciate any info. Shopped around and got a few quotes. Best is:

MSRP 31920$ (60th anniversary, moon roof, winter pkg)
    Net CAP: 30484$
    Money factor: 0.00202
    15,000 Miles a year/ 68% residual

Including tax and all other fees:
    27 month - 342$
    4000$ down

Is this a reasonable price? What can I neggotiate?
    Thanx
  • manayukmanayuk Member Posts: 2
    Hi realhawker - can you please mention if these figures include tax and fees? I'm looking for the exact same specs as you mentioned in NJ and got a significantly higher offer :mad: .

Unable to e-mail you via the edmunds site. Would appreciate your inputs. And can you mention the dealership you got it from.

Cheers
  • realhawkerrealhawker Member Posts: 30
    To all that inquired....

My MSRP and sale price were the exact same(seems to be a popular configuration).

my mileage a year was 10k (I don't drive as much)

My out the door expenses(Tax, bank fee, sec deposit, Title/license) were ~$2700 INCLUDING a $1000 cap cost reduction...

what's funny is I got these numbers without negotiation.

my email is realhawker@gmail.com I can email you some dealer contacts if you are interested.

again my monthly payment is $320 a month...
  • rjdayrjday Member Posts: 4
    Was just quoted $40282 plus tax and title for the convertible (prem audio pkg, premium 16 " wheel pkg, automatic, cold weather pkg). Seems like a good deal. Am I right? I think I'd like to lease with zero money down for 36 months. Could you help me negotiate a lease. What should my payments be? Whart residual should I expect? Thanks for the help!
  • andyking18andyking18 Member Posts: 16
    Hey Car_man, this is my first time leasing a car. I am looking into the Saab 9-3 convertible among other cars. I am seriously considering the the Saab 9-3 convertible, fully loaded. I will be leasing the car in Miami, and I have tier one credit. I would prefer a 2 year lease, although if it makes that much of a difference in price I would take a 3 year lease. After all is said and done (taxes, fees, etc.) approximately how much should I expect to pay per month?
    Hi dtdandl. I'm glad to hear that you qualify for GMS pricing on the Saab that you are interested in. The fact that you are eligible to purchase through this program will provide you with a great selling price on the car that you are interested in without having to haggle. It wouldn't hurt to double check that the dealer you are working with is using Saab Financial Services' current base lease rate of 3.35% for this model to calculate your car's monthly payment, but if this is a GMS deal chances are they are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome bill_saab. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

It's good that you know the MSRP of the car that you are interested in, but you never mentioned its selling price. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

As far as the money due at lease signing goes, banks usually charge vehicles' first months' payments, a security deposit equivalent to the payment rounded up to the nearest $25 or $50 increment, an acquisition fee (which is $595 for Saab Financial Services), and any capitalized cost reduction that you want to make (aka down payment) at lease signing. Consumers can and should lease any vehicle that they are interested in without making any sort of down payment. Doing so will make your monthly payment a little higher, but will protect you from losing your money if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You also can roll your car's acquisition fee into its capitalized cost to bake it into your monthly payment. This will again increase your monthly payment a little bit, but it will keep you from having to pay that $595 at lease signing. Let me know what this car's selling price is and I can calculate what the monthly payment would be on a lease without any down payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi sdoo25. Here's the information that you're looking for. Saab Financial Services' current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T Sedan with 15,000 mile per year are 3.35% and 69%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 3.35% and 63%. As you can see SFSC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi aerogirl1. I personally would shoot for $500 over dealer invoice if I was in the market for a 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero Sedan right now. If you are looking at a model that has been in dealer inventory since December 15, 2006 (there is a good chance that you are), Saab is providing $750 bonus cash on it that you should take into account with your offer. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "Saab 9-3 : Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Once you know the MSRP and approximate selling price of the exact car that you want, let me know how long you want to lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it and I will be happy to use this information to estimate what your lease payment would be like right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings manayuk. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

This car doesn't have much of a spread between its MSRP and dealer invoice price, so the $1,436 discount that you are bring given on this car is pretty good. Having said this, on March 15th, Saab introduced a new program that provides a $750 cash allowance on '07 9-3s that have been in dealer inventory since December 15, 2006. If your car has been on the lot for that long, make sure that you get the dealer to take this cash into account on your deal.

Saab Financial Services' current base lease rate for this car is 3.35%. This is equivalent to a money factor of around .00140. Make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses this money factor to calculate your car's monthly payment.

I see that you are considering making a $4,000 down payment on your lease. I always advise consumers against making large down payments on leased vehicles. Those who do risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though your monthly payment will be a little higher, you would be better off not making any sort of capitalized cost reduction when leasing this car. All you have to pay at lease signing are your first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment, SFSC's $595 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees. You can even roll the acquisition fee into your monthly payment if you want.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings rjday. What is this car's full MSRP? If you provide me with this number I will be able to see how much of a discount you are being given and can use Saab's current lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think of the price and work up a sample lease payment for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey andyking18. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the car that you are interested in for you if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • rjdayrjday Member Posts: 4
    Thank you replying! I live in Ohio. The MSRP for the car is $43,380 and they gave me a price of $40,282. I recently found out they will give me a 39 months/12,000 miles per year with 62% residual and no money down. I am assuming from what I am reading that this is pretty good. Thanks again for helping.
This discussion has been closed.