Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Sienna Lease Questions

Comments

• yileditoryileditor Member Posts: 5
    The best offer I could get was $369 a month, with nothing down. First month is due at signing. I must have shopped this at 10 different dealers, and no one would budge below this price point. Has anyone done any better? It's for the 2011 Sienna LE.
  • diannewhitmirediannewhitmire Member Posts: 5
    There is a special lease rate right now in SoCal for an LE 2011.
    It's only for the LE models.
    I just calculated a 2011 Sienna 2WD LE lease for 36 months with good credit to be $342 a month + tax and regular drive offs are approx $850. LE in SoCal would have
    Package(s):
    CF Carpet Floor Mats/Door Sill Protector
    PN Anti-Theft System with Engine Immobilizer
    TO Towing Prep Option:

so you are in the ballpark but I understand you're trying to save $ also. I hope my info is helpful! :)
  • yoyo77777yoyo77777 Member Posts: 4
    I just picked up a 2011 Sienna LE V6.
    I paid $1042 out of my pocket that includes 1st payment, license.... and $317.07/35months including tax (or $289/month before tax).
    Options included are
    CF Carpet Floor Mats/Door Sill Protector
    PN Anti-Theft System with Engine Immobilizer
    TO Towing Prep Option
  • criscris Member Posts: 2
    I had a similiar price quote but they wanted a security deposit in the drive off as well.

Can you share which dealership in Southern California you dealt with
    as I am in the area as well.
  • sienna_2011sienna_2011 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2010
    I got it last friday. Sienna LE 2011 with Backup Camera, Security System and Bluetooth. $999 (Including acquisition and license fee) to drive off and 322.00/Month for 3 years/36K on lease. Not sure if it's a good deal but I am happy with this payment.
  • sienna_2011sienna_2011 Member Posts: 2
    I got a similar deal. Did you get it from Frontier Toyota in Valencia?
  • jmailjmail Member Posts: 20
    Carman/kfdyx:

Please post the june mf and residual for the 2011 Siena XLE (no options) for a 36 month lease with 12k miles per year.

Thanks!
  • sull72sull72 Member Posts: 2
    I wanted to know if this was a good lease offer for the 2011 Sienna FWD V6 LE. The dealer says the MSRP is $30,000 and they are giving it to me for $28,000. Monthly payment $269 - $2000 down plus tax, acquisition, dmv. Thanks.
  • samminsammin Member Posts: 39
    Hi Carman!

Can I please get the residual and money factor for a 2011 Toyota Sienna SE in zip code 10801 for 10,000 and 12,000 miles per year?

Also, can you please advise me of any lease incentives currently offered in my area?

Thanks!!
  • wanna2sellwanna2sell Member Posts: 1
    I am in market to buy Sienna and show present lease promotion $349/12K miles/36 months/0 sec dep/0 down pay (expiring 06/30). I live in VA. Is anyone around able to lease vehicle with this incentives or even better price? I would like to know dealership information.
  • jdmomjdmom Member Posts: 7
    where did you get this super amazing deal? Im in san diego, but if its close enough, Im willing to drive.
  • matte0matte0 Member Posts: 5
    I am about to pull the trigger on a Sienna LE lease, MSRP $30,024 for $399 (includes NYS taxes) a month with just $10 inspection, $12.50 tire tax, $75 bank fee and first months payment. Total DAS $496.

Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal. I am in NY Metro.

Thanks
  • sull72sull72 Member Posts: 2
    How did you get $75 bank fee - they all quote me $650 bank fee.

I was just offered also in the NY Metro area $350 (including taxes) a month plus dmv fees, bank fee and first mo down = $1171 or $324 a month if I pay the taxes up front.
  • jeb3779jeb3779 Member Posts: 16
    2011 xle 8 passenger 2wd with carpet mats and 1499 DVD (not the dual screen) for 31,893 plus tax Is this a good deal? We r leasing at 384 per month plus tax no money down
  • baraynavabbaraynavab Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2010
    So how come i see a different least rate in different regions? I am in Atlanta Region

Looking for LE-8pass-V6 the 5338 Trim.

GA/AL/FL/NC/SC has $349/mo with $3149 down
    Virgina has 349/mo with only 349 down. Am i missing something here?
    TN,KY,OH,MI has 329/mo 2299 down

Heck i'll pay the one time 200 ticket to go up to Virgina and get the least up there...unless someone can give me a state close to GA thats an even better deal.

thanks

Edit: South NJ has an even better deal. 269/mo 2899 down. Which comes out to be around $342 monthly...

I hate the change in prices depending on geographic region.
  • shapiro23shapiro23 Member Posts: 2
    Hey Carman,

Could you advise what the July M/F and residuals are for a 2011 Sienna....XLE AWD 12,000 Miles... 36months

Thanks in Advance
  • monkeyshiftmonkeyshift Member Posts: 87
    Yes, looking for the same, in the southern california region, thanks! (Sienna XLE for 36/ 12k).
  • dogsambamdogsambam Member Posts: 69
    My wife wants a new Sienna. We looked at the Loaded XLE (about 40K) and a LTD with Premium Package and Convenience package (About 45K). The dealer cam at me with a lease of $900 a month. I thought this was beyond ubsurd. I have a freind who just leased a GL Mercedes for less than that. What should this car be going for? The dealer was advertising a 31K LE for 299 a month no money down, but said they can't use the same incentives on a more expensive car, harder to get car. Meanwhile they had probably 6 Limiteds on the lot a,d lots of XLEs. I have leased many cars, and this seems like a joke.
    My problem exactly! Ridiculous but Toyota claims the xle and limited are moving- thus no incentives. The Le- which they can't get rid of- has a money factor of .00049 which is small while I believe, the money factor on the xle and limited is .00225. I was quoted 671 a month on a 39k xle with 2k out the door for 36 months and 12k miles. Meanwhile you can get a 2010 odyssey touring model lease at 530 a month with only 1,200 out the door- but of course- the 2011 comes out in October. Let me know how it ends up.
  • rlmiller9rlmiller9 Member Posts: 48
    You need to wait and be patient in this case, it may be true.
    But I can guraantee supply will catch up with demand.

We had to wait in year in like 2000 because they wanted list and was just not going to do that. Have had 3 since then but you can just toss your money away :)
    Thanks, in your case, how long did it take to catch up?
  • dogsambamdogsambam Member Posts: 69
    The weirdest issue is that it seems like they are not moving the vehicles. In our area you see very few of the new Sienna, and the dealers seem to be sitting with them. The toyota dealers are complaining that their cars are really not selling, yet, they are not making lease deals on this car. They are discounting it down to or below invoice, but the factors are what are ridiculous.
    I'll never understand it. Meanwhile, my good money will go to the Odyssey instead.
  • aarondouglasaarondouglas Member Posts: 1
    That is a great deal, jeb. where are you located? do you have the dealership name. I would probably fly to get that deal. Please let me know, thank you
  • embracetheminiembracethemini Member Posts: 1
    I am working on a lease for 2011 Sienna XLE and am getting mixed info. My research (carbuyingtips.com) says acquisition and doc fees are negotiable and should be minimal (250-500 for acq and $100-200 for doc fees).

Current offer from local dealer in Charlotte has $995 acq. fee and $595 doc fee. I think this is crazy. When I questioned it, the response were that these two fees are non-negotiable. Acq is $995 from Toyota and $595 is dealer.

Please advise if this is part of the rip off. I have a $2700 value trade in and I really don't want to pay a whole bunch in fees.

Thanks!!!
  • jeb3779jeb3779 Member Posts: 16
    Wasn't as good once we got there! Even though I had emails with the quotes they said they made a mistake and upped the payment to 479 with tax. We walked out called a few more dealerships and ended up with 450 with tax. About 40 more a month but still 30-40 cheaper than the other places I called.
    With an impossible standard money factor here in Los Angeles on the Sienna XLE and Limited models, (.00235) I found a way better lease deal in the pacific northwest region. There, the special subvented money factor of .00049 is good across the whole model lineup of Sienna's, including the XLE and Limited.

So, in a nutshell, I save over 100 a month on my payment. (36 month lease/ 12k miles/ paying only OTD fees, it comes to $567 a month, including LA county sales tax of 9.75%). The quotes I received locally were 690- best.

My question is to car_man, or anyone else, is it possible to lease a car out of state? How does it work tax wise when I go to my DMV, or can the out of state dealer set all that up?

By the way, the deal i got up north included shipping down here. so it all seems good. Except for these couple pesky questions I don't want to get stuck with. (Oh, and I did remember to make sure the vehicle qualified for my state's smog guidelines.)
  • ucjjgucjjg Member Posts: 28
    edited July 2010
    The doc fees are excessive at $595. At most $50 is acceptable.

Keep in mind that doc fees are only one aspect of the leasing equation. You need to spend a little bit of time to understand how MSRP, sale price of the vehicle, residual value, money factor, sales tax, down payment (which should always be ZERO on a lease) and term of lease all play into your monthly payments. Unless you have clarity on these variables insofar as to understand what constitutes fair vs. unreasonable the dealer will always have the upper hand. For example, the dealer can take the $595 down to zero, then if you are not paying attention to the other variables, make up that $595 by a) increasing the money factor, b) increasing the sales price or c) "increasing" your down payment **.

Hope this helps. Good news is that Edmunds.com has all the information you need to understand the leasing equation and ascertain fair values for all aspects of the deal.

** Regarding down payment, do a little research to understand why placing a down payment on a lease can leave you quite exposed from an insurance standpoint should the vehicle get totaled. Never ever put down more than basic lease startup costs (like first month's payment, etc.).

Good luck.
  • rose33rose33 Member Posts: 56
    Monkeyshift,

Would you mind sharing the dealership and the salesperson (if it's permitted) that you worked with on this deal? I am looking for an XLE AWD and the money factors are making the payments ridiculous here as well. Depending on how much shipping is, this may be a good option for me. I contacted one dealer randomly in the pacific northwest but they wouldn't do any shipping. I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!
    Sure Rose33- the dealer is LH Miller in Spokane, the salesperson's last name is the same as dick tracy- not sure we can post names- but I highly recommend him- he's courteous, prompt and very knowledgeable. Let me know how it works out!
  • rose33rose33 Member Posts: 56
    Monkeyshift - thanks for the info! I really appreciate it. I'll keep you posted.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi shapiro23. Toyota's lease program varies by region. You never mentioned what state you are in, so for now I will provide you with what I believe is this van's most common program.

Toyota is not currently providing lease support on any '11 Sienna except for the LE. As a result, if you were to lease a 2011 Sienna XLE AWD through Toyota Financial Services right now, you would have to use its standard lease program. Its current buy rate standard lease money factor is .00235 for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Toyota Financial Services' current 36 month, 12,000 mile per year residual value for a 2011 Sienna XLE AWD is 57%. The problem with this residual is that TFS publishes resids for base models. It places restrictions upon what options can be residualized. This makes its real world residuals lower than its published percentages appear. It also makes it difficult for individual consumers to calculate sample payments on their own.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • ahmettahmett Member Posts: 1
    rose33 and monkeyshift,
    i didnt see any update. did you guys lease the sienna from there? my lease is up in december and i am looking for sienna xle lease. to be honest,i dont see any issue if the dealer from spokane agreed to send the paperwork to california dmv.
    please do share your experiences
  • fishdadfishdad Member Posts: 1
    Carman/kydfx

Looking for resid/mf on '11 LTD FWD. in central NJ. Prefer veh/ with nav and no DVD ( but willing to consder one with if deal is good ) Our '08 of coming off lease within next 6 weeks, so have started looking. our local dealer quoted us ~ 650/mo x 36 mo w/ 2 k down. Not too inspiring. Currently the only "incentive" is 2 yr schedule maintence. ( exp 10/4 ) IYO, will the rollout of the ODDY make the deals a bit more sweeter? May consider purchase of the deal is right..Also, any suggetions for shopping on 9/30? TIA
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi fishdad. The LE is the only trim level of the Sienna that Toyota is providing lease support on right now. If you want to lease an '11 Sienna Limited FWD through Toyota Financial Services right now, you will have to use its standard lease money factor. The last time that I checked, TFS' current buy rate standard factor was .00235 for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

It's difficult to say what Toyota's October incentives for the Sienna will look like at this point. There certainly is a chance that they will be more aggressive than Toyota's relatively weak current program, but we won't know for certain until next week.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • vanit10vanit10 Member Posts: 1
    Got an LE, 8 passenger, for $356/month (before tax). Out the door paid first month + the normal tax & registration. 12,000 miles. MF 0.00042.
  • jackdelia4ujackdelia4u Member Posts: 26
    Hi..can anyone tell me if the current lease deal Toyota is offering on the 2011 Sienna LE is a good deal or can it be negotiated down? I was told by a dealer that there are no negotiations on the $329 per month with $2300 down for 12k miles with an end of lease buy price of $18,144. Please help me. Thanks, Jack
  • tclantontclanton Member Posts: 15
    Car_man,

Do you know the numbers for November for Sienna's?
  • rubin72rubin72 Member Posts: 20
    MSRP: $30,454
    Sale Price: $27,588
    Discount (off sticker) ($2,866)

Term (months): 36
    Allowed Miles/year: 15,000
    Cost for additional miles: $0.15
    Money Factor: 0.00042 (1.01%)
    Residual $16,298 (54%)
    Cap. Cost Reduction $0
    Security Deposit (waived for tier-1): $0
    Disposition Fee: $0
    Tax (6%) of entire sale price in MD: $1,655.28
    Doc. Processing Fee: $99
    Acquistion Fee: $650
    Reg., Lic., Tags, Title: $300

Monthly Payment $408
  • mjt5mjt5 Member Posts: 13
    Carman,

Can you provide the current money factor and residual % for a 36month 12k lease on vehicle noted above through Toyota? Thanks so much for your assistance.
  • barry255barry255 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man,

I'm in New Jersey.

Is it possible to get the January lease rates for the XLE for 36 months 15K?

And is it different if I add just the Nav?

Thank you
  • nosferoitunosferoitu Member Posts: 2
    Hi Barry,

Im in So. CA and signed a 36 month lease on a 2011 Sienna XLE with Navigation for 573 per month. This includes sales tax and title.

The terms were 33,038 cap cost, 19,925 residual, 0.00220 money factor and 12,000 allowable annual mileage. To have 15,000 annually it would have costed 20 more per month.

We called around many dealers and most were willing to budge on the terms.

What do you guys think of the money factor? Effective rate is 5.28%
  • kevinkayekevinkaye Member Posts: 2
    I apologize as I dont have all the figures but do have the ones that mean the most to me. :) 2011 XLE with Dual Screen Ent system for zero down. All I would have to pay is first month and the basic fees. total was about $600-$700. 39 month lease with a payment of 440 including tax for 12k and 457 including tax for 15k.

With the limited numbers that I am providing you, can you tell me if this is a good deal. The purchase will be made in Florida.

Sorry for the lack of info and thanks for any input that you could provide.
  • arkay402arkay402 Member Posts: 3
    Car Man,

Would you please post the February lease numbers for the '11 Sienna Limited AWD?

If region is important, we're in northern NJ.

Thanks in advance.

-Arkay402
  • mlvdfmlvdf Member Posts: 1
    Here is South TX Toyoa sienna le v6 (with windshield protect replacement )
    crack windshield here is common

dealership offering $445/month lease (includes tax/title/tag, dealer fee/doc))
    for 36 months

Total payment 16020...no other fees, no disposition at end of lease.

what is you experience??
  • jp6233jp6233 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    Hi I just leased a 2011 Toyota Sienna LE for 475/per month for 39 months with zero down and 15k miles/year. I was upside down on a trade-in for $1000. MSRP $30200. How did I do in terms of price poor-average-excellent?? BTW bought it in Jax FL
    Thanks so much.
  • maweissmaweiss Member Posts: 6
    Hi Group:

I'm about to return my '08 Sienna and want to get into a new one as follows:

• 36 months lease term (alternate to 39 months ok as that's what seems to be going on now with Toyota)
    • Miami, Florida
    • Excellent Tier 1 Credit
    • 15K miles/year, 0.15 for over mileage
    • no down payment, first payment ok
    • Model: 2WD XLE Automatic
    • Package: XLE Premium Package

If you can provide me with the residual and money factor it would be great so I can have a fighting chance of getting a good deal!

Sincerely,

Marcelo
  • maweissmaweiss Member Posts: 6
    So, I closed the deal yesterday.

Sienna '11, XLE with Luxury Premium Package
    Miami, Florida
    39 months lease
    15K miler / year
    Payment of $532.17/month with taxes included
    $730 out of pocket including first month payment
    Dealer taking care of my last 3 payment on my '08 Sienna

Negotiated Car Price: $36,587
    Residual of roughly 53%
    Lease Rate: .00144

Hope this helps other buyers. Dealer was Lipton Toyota with Jose Quintero in the Internet Department = fantastic experience. In and out of the dealer in 2 hours.
  • jeff47jeff47 Member Posts: 5
    Interested in leasing sienna limited awd and am flexible as far as timing. Any way to know if the money factor will improve over the next 6 months?

Also, do you know when hybrid sienna coming and if it will be awd?

Thanks
  • songbird54songbird54 Member Posts: 41
    edited April 2011
    Hi:
    do you know the MF and residual on the LE for 36 months @ 12,000 miles a year?

I actually like the 4cyl, but I think they only give lease support on the 6cy
    correct me if Im wrong..
    Im trying to figure out of their "advertised" special is all that special
    I dont think it is
    TIA