Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Volkswagen Phaeton Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
edited March 2014 in Volkswagen
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Volkswagen Phaeton. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• Options
    daveb2daveb2 Member Posts: 1
    What is the customary residual value percentage and the lease factor for a 2005 Phaeton with the winter package, black Kavalier (sp?), and walnut interior trim?

DB
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi daveb2. This car's lease program varies depending upon how long you want to lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. For now, I will give you an idea of what its lease program is like by listing the numbers for a typical lease, 36 months with 15,000 miles per year. If you were to lease a 2005 Volkswagen Phaeton V8 through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its current buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00291 and 55%, respectively. As you can see, this program is not very good. This is because Volkswagen is no longer providing lease support on 2005 models. It replaced its special lease program on this car with $7,500 dealer cash. Make sure to take this cash incentive into account when negotiating your deal on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • Options
    vwguildvwguild Member Posts: 1,620
    Although I am no longer with VW...10 years of VW Experience requires me to mention that "Dealer Cash" typcally means Retail Financing Only, ie. No subvented or Special Rates apply...Lease or Loan...
This discussion has been closed.