Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Plymouth/Neon Stereo Issues

marco09marco09 Member Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in Dodge
I have a few problems. 1 My front two speakers in my 1998 Plymouth Neon do not work. 2. I get shocked everytime I get out of my car. 3. my battery is being drained somehow. My thinking is that all the problems are in some way linked but I'm not a machanic or have no knowledge of how or what to fix. What do you think my problem is.

Comments

• Options
    styanrunisstyanrunis Member Posts: 1
    I have recently porcured a 1996 plymouth neon. I purchased it with an after market tape player, AM/FM radio. I now want to install a CD player with AM/FM radio, but i do not know which wires are which. I have found all the speaker wires and have four wires left over. I need to know which ones are the chassis/ground and the battery wires. I have an all black wire, a yellow/black, a red/grey, and an orange wire.
    Can anyone help me?
    Or prehaps tell me how i can find out which wire is which?
    Thank you very much.
  • Options
    arcadefreak36arcadefreak36 Member Posts: 49
    First try going to a BestBuy store and see if you can get the wiring harness for your car. If not then try any stereo store like Tweeter and see if they have them. Any car stereo store should have them. Just match all the colors together and you'll be all set. :D
  • Options
    dcneondcneon Member Posts: 3
    I had recently bought an aftermarket, Sony, Mp3 Cd player for my 97 Neon. It was working fine. Now i had some issues with a cable under the hood of my car which was ripped and caused some fuses to blow. I had not realized this at first and then at one point my car stopped working; i checked and found the problem. So i taped up the wiring and secured it, replaced the broken fuses and thought all was well. Now i find out that my inside light doesnt work, the doors dont chime, mirrors wont move when trying to adjust it, the Cd player wont work, or even turn on and the trunk light is out. I have checked the fuses over again, looked around the cd player, and checked the circuit box underneath the hood. I cannot find anything wrong. If any one has any ideas what might be wrong i would appreciate the help alot. Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    casey333casey333 Member Posts: 1
    Whats up guys I have a 2000 neon, I replace and after market deck because it stoped getting power when the new one was hooked up I got power then it went out figured it was the radio i sent it back and got another one. This new one after hooking up I still get no power, I have checked the fuse cluster by the battery and the one on the side of the dash any ideas?
  • Options
    jamescobjamescob Member Posts: 1
    Sounds familiar. I've got a 97 Neon.
    I've lost sound to both front speakers and the driver's side rear speaker, I also get a shock when I get out of the car, but I don't have the battery drain problem. Have you installed a new stereo recently? Almost sounds like a short somewhere that's running down the charge in the battery and building up in the body, possible the reason you've lost sound to the speakers and for the shocks. A charge in the metal body that doesn't ground properly may be discharging into other systems like the stereo or your hand. As a temp solution try purchasing one of those grounding strips. They're pretty cheap and it just bolts to the chasis under the rear bumper and lets any charge that may build up in the body ground out.
  • Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
  • Options
    lawyer53lawyer53 Member Posts: 4
    On my 1998 Neon, I have lost sound to some of the radio stations. For some reason, the public station (90.7) is loud and clear. Some others (99.1; 104.7; 107.9) are not too bad. Others (94.1, 95.7, 102.7; 106.5) are hardly audible.

Any thoughts?
  • Options
    jedi_master98jedi_master98 Member Posts: 2
    about 3 yrs ago I bought a 1995 Neon I installed an after market radio. I kept the original radio in case I decided to sell my car. Well it was totalled earlier this year and I never took out the CD player I installed. Now I have a factory radio for a 1995-1999 Neon sitting at home doing nothing. Any takers.
  • Options
    cbchristmancbchristman Member Posts: 1
    Still have that radio????
  • Options
    anthius81anthius81 Member Posts: 1
    Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I also need some help with my audio system. I have a factory-built stereo in my 2000 Neon that is finally giving out. The speakers in the front are rattling nonstop, and the stereo head itself isn't in the best condition. I have an older Pioneer 3D stereo from a previous car that I am going to have installed, but to save money I want to secure my own speakers. Does anyone know the specificaitons (diameter, depth, power, etc.) that I need to be looking for? Thanks.
  • Options
    herman12herman12 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know how to remove the radio from a 2001 Neon? I am not sure how to get it out. Thank you for your help.
  • Options
    BIGDADDYHORTONBIGDADDYHORTON Member Posts: 35
    START YOUR CAR, THEN DISCONNECT THE POSSITIVE ON THE BATTERY, IF THE CAR STAYS RUNNING THE ALTENATOR IS FINE IF IT DOESN'T STAY RUNNING GO HAVE IT CHECKED AT ANY AUTO PARTS STORE, THEY DO IT FOR FREE, THEN GO FROM THERE, HOPE THIS WILL HELP YOU OUT.
  • Options
    BIGDADDYHORTONBIGDADDYHORTON Member Posts: 35
    I KNOW THE DASH ARE 3 INCH I BELIEVE 5,25 IN THE DOOR AND I THINK 5.X 7 IN THE REAR DECK, CAN'T REMEMBER FOR SURE, I HAVE A 2000 WATT STEREO IN MY 97 AND RUN PIONEERS FOR THE SIX FACTORY HOLES WITH A PUNCH 1000 WATT AND 2 INSIGNIA 12'S WITH ANOTHER 1000 WATT PUNCH, I DID IT ALL FOR 430.00 DOLLARS LOOK AROUND ONLINE OR I CAN HOOK YOU UP WITH THE GUYS I BOUGHT MINE FROM. I HAD X-PLODES FROM WALMART FOR A WHILE AND THEY WORK REALLY GOOD TOO, BUT FOR A GOOD SOUND YOU DON'T REALY WANT 3 WAY SPEAKERS LIKE THAT. HOPE THIS HELPS A LITTLE.
This discussion has been closed.