Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti QX56: Real World MPG

steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
edited March 2014 in INFINITI
Post your gas mileage for your QX56 in here. City/highway, aggressive driver, hypermiler? We want to know!

Steve, Host

Comments

• Options
    qx56qx56 Member Posts: 69
    90% local driving 9.5 if I don't care and 12.5 if I do.
    Best mileage was a trip up to North Jersey on 287 following a tractor trailer (closely) 22 to 23 mpg all the way!
    Worst was pulling my 6500# motor, boat, and trailer - 6 mpg.
    Joe
  • Options
    bigkev7000bigkev7000 Member Posts: 23
    I do mixed driving City and Highway and I have been seeing 15 mpg. I took 2 trips from Northern California to Nevada and back again and I was getting 15 to 16 mpg.
  • Options
    toto88toto88 Member Posts: 7
    We do mixed driving City and Highway and I have been seeing 15 mpg as well. Our best was an all freeway trip that we got 19 to 20 mpg.
  • Options
    energyhunterenergyhunter Member Posts: 4
    I took my 2005 Q from Texas to Yellowstone this past June. Had a little of everything; flatlands, moutains, interstates, etc. The whole trip was about 2300 miles and averaged 17.6 mpg. Thats pretty close to what I normally get on the highway. City driving usually around 12-14. For the record this is my second and last Q. I have had some of the same problems which plagued my 2004. I WILL purchase a Lexus LS 430 in the next month!
  • Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I took my 2005 Q from Texas to Yellowstone this past June.

So you got to interact with the caravans of RVs through the Wind River and Grand Teton areas of Wyoming? That will keep your speed down!

tidester, host
  • Options
    badinfinitybadinfinity Member Posts: 21
    WE GOT LESS THAN 10 AROUND TOWN AND 11.2 AVG.

THE BRAKES NEVER QUITE RELEASE FROM THE ROTORS CAUSING ROTOR WARPING AND REQUIRING NEW ROTORS EVERY 5 OR 6,000 MILES. THIS PROBABLY HAS AN ADVERSE EFFECT ON MPG. HOWEVER, WHEN THE BRAKES FAIL TOTALLY AND YOU REAR END THE CAR IN FRONT OF YOU, I GUESS YOU COULD SAY THAT IMPROVES YOUR MPG.
  • Options
    ringleader6ringleader6 Member Posts: 43
    I am on my second QX56, an 07. My first logged 52,000 miles an 04. The engine did not fully break in until after 7,000 miles when you could sense better performance and mileage. Towed a large boat frequently and got about 12 at highway speeds and a/c running. Got a consistent 16-17 in town and 17-18 highway speeds of 65-75. You could count on 16-17 if running a/c and 17-18 if not. Very reliable vehicle and only have about 300 miles on new one.
  • Options
    dontnomuchdontnomuch Member Posts: 2
    12.5 mpg driving in the city. Drove from Calif to Florida last summer with A/C running all day, DVD playing in the back and various electronic accessories plugged in...about 17 mpg. Great truck!!
  • Options
    6infs6infs Member Posts: 6
    2004 - 4x4 mostly highway as much cruise as possible & unleaded 15mpg for the whole 4 years

2008 - 4x4 (1 month - 4 tanks ) mostly highway, cruise & unleaded 12 mpg
This discussion has been closed.