Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Toyota Yaris Transmission Problems

13»

Comments

• Options
    farrukhahmedfarrukhahmed Member Posts: 2
    i'm having a serious problem with my yaris '05 1ltr. the transmission jerks like crazy on every up-shifts, so much so that it has broken the wheel spindle twice and the gear mount once...

Also, if I'm at a stop light and put the car in neutral, the same jerk comes even when shifting to D. The only time there's no jerk is on the first shift to D after a fresh start.

as a temporary resolve i've taken off the main grip on the tranny that goes to the ECU. in this way the transmission stays in the 3rd gear even when i start from halt, so you can imagine how slow the pick-up is....i can't climb a simple parking incline and if i switch on the AC while on stop, the car doesn't move at all.

i've had the transmission checked and they said its fine so it has to be something electronic.
    i can understand the ECU lingo a bit so it would really help if i can get some relevant opinion from the experts here.
  • Options
    farrukhahmedfarrukhahmed Member Posts: 2
    i'm having a serious problem with my yaris '05 1ltr. the transmission jerks like crazy on every up-shifts, so much so that it has broken the wheel spindle twice and the gear mount once...

Also, if I'm at a stop light and put the car in neutral, the same jerk comes even when shifting to D. The only time there's no jerk is on the first shift to D after a fresh start.

as a temporary resolve i've taken off the main grip on the tranny that goes to the ECU. in this way the transmission stays in the 3rd gear even when i start from halt, so you can imagine how slow the pick-up is....i can't climb a simple parking incline and if i switch on the AC while on stop, the car doesn't move at all.

i've had the transmission checked and they said its fine so it has to be something electronic.
    i can understand the ECU lingo a bit so it would really help if i can get some relevant opinion from the experts here.
  • Options
    lgalawaylgalaway Member Posts: 1
    what is the defect? my transmission froze and they are probably going to blame me as I had the clutch replaced two weeks ago--not by them. Please reply ASAP am desperate lindagalaway63@yahoo.com