Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chrysler 300/300C: Soft spot on floor driver side

chas63chas63 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Chrysler
Does anyone esle have problem of a soft spot on floor on driver side. I have a friend with the same 2006 Limited and he has the same problem; place is center left.

Comments

• Options
    acrispy1acrispy1 Member Posts: 4
    I have an 05 touring and have a soft spot on the drivers side not sure why.
  • Options
    jmcelwainjmcelwain Member Posts: 4
    I have a 2006 signature series with the same soft spot issue. This car was built during Dec 2005.
  • Options
    2volkswagens2volkswagens Member Posts: 7
    I test drove one yesterday and noticed this too. Actually, I rather liked how the floor felt. I would think it would be comfortable on long trips when the cruise is set. I guess, since you guys are calling it an "issue", you think it is a defect. Have you had any satisfaction in sorting it out with your dealerships?

Regards,
    John
  • Options
    canadacraigcanadacraig Member Posts: 34
    Hi chas63!! Do you mean the 'dead pedal'? Because IF that's what you're referring too - it's SUPPOSED to be 'soft'. At least that's how Chrysler intended it to be. Craig.
  • Options
    jmcelwainjmcelwain Member Posts: 4
    Mine soft spot is between the brake and the gas pedal about half way up the floor panel. You can feel it buckle with gentle pressure applied to the floor panel. Does not appear to be a problem, just odd that the floor appears to have a week spot there.
  • Options
    xtecxtec Member Posts: 354
    I felt the soft spot on the same spot you mentioned,and I figured they are trying to keep the weight down on these cars and used a thin floorpan.I was suprised when I felt that,everything else feels solid.
This discussion has been closed.