Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2007 Navigation Override

dvc1dvc1 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in GMC
Hi all,

i have searched the forums and I have not seen a good discussion about the 2007 Yukon Navigation System.

I want to override the safety feature that will not allow you to enter and address while moving. The passanger should be able to enter and address while the SUV is moving, it really stinks when you have to pull over to enter it.

I understand the safety concerns of having the driver enter and the distraction factor and I completely agree that a drive should not do this, however, when traveling and you want to look something up, the passenger should be able to do this.

Any known work around yet?

THanks,
dc

Comments

• Options
    tenbergetenberge Member Posts: 2
    I agree, I have been looking to do the same, but cannot find an answer on how to disable the driver restriction. Can anybody come up with a solution on this?
  • Options
    awf_axisawf_axis Member Posts: 136
    Here is a company that makes a bypass kit, for both the DVD video and Nav.

www.TVandNAV2go.com
  • Options
    valvestudvalvestud Member Posts: 35
    Another lees expensive option. Mine is on the way.

http://www.coastaletech.com/GMLOCKPICK.htm
  • Options
    jdandcojdandco Member Posts: 5
    Have you received your nav override system yet? If so is it as easy as it shows to install?
  • Options
    UPS Tracking says tomorrow, the 31st. I'll let you know.
  • Options
    Thanks, looking forward to it. I had ordered another type from a local custom truck shop, but this one sounds better and much easier. I am particularly interested in the override button if it is in the mute button or window switch and if there is anything further to hook up other than what is shown on the video on the website. I am still a little leary on popping the cover off the front without breaking it.
  • Options
    jwag7jwag7 Member Posts: 1
    Any news? Has anyone found any other options?
  • Options
    Try coastaletech.com.
    I have been waiting on valvestud to complete his instalation. I ordered one from a truck mod shop for 3 times what coastal etech costs, and a little leary of having it installed based on how simple coastals sounds to install.
    Valvestud, anyword on the install?
  • Options
    dedomandedoman Member Posts: 24
    Has anyone got it installed??? IM waiting to hear so I can get one also.... thanks!
  • Options
    Please see my responses on the 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe/GMC Yukon forum.

Regards,

Joe
  • Options
    jjrhojjrho Member Posts: 7
  • Options
    jjrhojjrho Member Posts: 7
    have 07 denali with dvd/nav. found g-nav unit that can disable the dvd lockout during non-Parking mode; but it's $430 for the module;
    is there a cheaper/easier way to enable the DVD viewing while the vehicle is in motion ?

james R
  • Options
    tahoelover26tahoelover26 Member Posts: 4
    Hello I purchased a dvd navigation unlocker from ebay It works great and got it cheap the item # is 150115773206 please let me know if there anything cheaper than that so i can purchase another one I got mine for 245 with shipping the ebay store name is gnlshops.
  • Options
    tahoelover26tahoelover26 Member Posts: 4
    Hello I purchased a dvd navigation unlocker from ebay It works great and got it cheap the item # is 150115773206 please let me know if there anything cheaper than that so i can purchase another one I got mine for 245 with shipping the ebay store name is gnlshops.
  • Options
    uvamackuvamack Member Posts: 2
    I have a question on your override. Is there anything that it doesn't do that you wish it did? I am ready to order one and have been contemplating between gnlshops and gnetcanada. Gnet is like $430, so I wanted to know if there is any difference in the two products. Here is there sight, can you let me know if there are any differences? Thanks

link title
  • Options
    I wish mine would "unlock" the NAV while driving. As you know if you go over 4 mph you cannot input anything on the NAV. the GM LockPin will do this, but I already had the one I have installed by the time I figured that out. That is the only thing, I am satisfied with what I have.
This discussion has been closed.