Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jetta Suspension Issues

nissacnissac Member Posts: 1
I am having problems with the rear suspension on my 02 jetta. 57000 miles and the rear end keeps bottoming out. I have put on new tires all the way around, rear shocks and shock bumpers but no improvement. One shop said the springs were worn, another said the shocks were too stiff and the dealer said it was fine. Has anyone else had this type of problem??

Comments

• jcranejcrane Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem with the car bottoming out all the time even on the smallest bump. I have had it back to the dealer many times and they seem not to be concerned but it is annoying, the banging it makes, not wanting anything in the trunk or back seat and it does not seem right. I am bring it to the dealer again today. An independent garage told me that it had something to do with bushing or bearing in the rear axel assemble.
  • raymondl1166raymondl1166 Member Posts: 7
    We have a 2006 vw jetta and the front suspension seem to be squeaking right now that its -10c but when it gets down to -35 or colder it banging. Anyone else have this problem.
  • jacob_schro02jacob_schro02 Member Posts: 1
    Hey i just read your message and was wondering if you ever did change the bushings in the axle assembly and if so did that fix it. i am haveing the same issues with my o1 Jetta
  • jetta_jimjetta_jim Member Posts: 2
    I am a first time VW owner. I purchased a brand new "11" VW Jetta and was wondering if anyone else is having issues with the front end suspension creating a loud bang when running over a minor chuckhole or other bumps in the road. Most recently, I was driving in a construction zone and on the raod where new pavement was being put down. When I reached the area where the road went from old to new asphalt, there was about a 1/2 inch ledge to new road. When my Jetta traversed this lip at about 30mph, it sounded as if something had broken the bang was so loud. I had the car checked at the dealer for my 10,000 mile check up and they found nothing wrong. After owning Honda products for the past 10 years, I am really uneasy with this car and it's mechanical abilities because of this bang noise coming from the front end. I look forward to responses.
  • len39len39 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2011 jetta tdi and it has made a loud banging noise under the front floor since new. The noise is louder under acceleration when you hit a hole in the road. The car is at the dealer right now.
    Thanks,
    Len
  • jetta_jimjetta_jim Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Len. Please let me know what they tell you. Much appreciated.
  • jettablack07jettablack07 Member Posts: 1
    Hey had the same problem here when hitting bumps... Try punching the side of ur lower front bumper on both sides you'd be suprised to find out that it might be loose from bottoming out. Even a slight bottom out like hitting a parking block underneath while parking will rip it loose and it makes a terrible bang or rattle depending on what you hit or road surface. Let me know