Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Tahoe News and Views

twernst10twernst10 Member Posts: 25
It may have been difficult for some, but to all of us loyal readers the 2007 Tahoe Board gave us the opportunity to discuss general and specific issues with our '07s. The fact that the truck is in its first year is a driving force behind the need for an open forum to discuss general and specific issues. With out this board I would not have found out about the rattle, MPG, or many other issues with out having to search endlessly through the topics. The fact that you all have boards still open from the early part of the Summer shows that those were nothing topics. I don't understand why you would close the only board that had new post everyday if not several times a day. I just don't think you understand the posters and the need for such a board. The move was arbitrary and uneeded. We liked it yet you felt like changing the make up of the boards. I hope you have noticed the drop off in new posts, I know I have.

Comments

• jjmjgnxjjmjgnx Member Posts: 34
    I completely agree! I think it was stupid to stop that old board. The 2007 Tahoe's are different from other Tahoes. I noticed that no one is posting anymore at the other boards also. I don't even visit this site much anymore. I'm not going to digging through posts about pre 2007's, looking for info on the 2007.

The 2007 Tahoe/Yukon board had to one of the most popular ones on Edmunds.com

Bring back the board!! Uncheck the Read Only flag!!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    You don't have to dig through 2000+ Tahoe posts about the '07 - you can just talk about it here.

The GMC folks can visit or stick with their GMC Yukon discussions.

It's easy to subscribe just to the '07 Tahoe discussions like this one and newcomers won't have to try to find their way in a big group of posts that lump styling, ergonomic and problems questions together.

Check out the Tracking buttons - it makes it easy to keep up with new posts (and posts are up since we started breaking out the discussions).

Like the Tahoe itself, our Tahoe groups are "bigger, bolder, more efficient, more luxurious, and more capable than ever!"

• junglegeorgejunglegeorge Member Posts: 129
    Steve, I have been both loyal to and active in this forum for months, what attracted me was the general 2007 Tahoe topic and the fact that I did not have to search through all the previous model discussions. It’s probably selfish on my part, but I don’t want to sift through all the issues on earlier models. For example: A cab leak on a 2000 Tahoe has nothing in common to the cab leak on my 2007. 16 in tire and wheel combos on a 2003 Tahoe have nothing to do with the 20’s on the 07. When reading all posts on the 07 Tahoe, I am not necessarily looking for anything in particular, however I have learned more about issues, modifications s, and experiences I have anywhere else. Now with the new format I basically have to guess what to look for or end up having to filter through unrelated topics and posts. As I stated in an earlier post, I for one want to follow all topics related to my new 07 Tahoe, and only the topics related to my 07,. I enjoyed the fact that they were all available in one place. If you check your site log, you will see that many of us check the forum several times a day, as well as subscribe to the e-mail notification. I for one had a ritual of checking every morning, during lunch, and prior to turning in for the night. I understand all the search and notification options available, just not interested. Sorry old friend, this new format does not interest me at all, I hope you re-consider, and if you do please drop me a e-mail. To all the Tahoe owners I wish you luck with your trucks, and posts. Thanks for letting me vent, George signing off.
    All you need to do is go to the top group - Chevrolet Suburban & Tahoe - and pick out the 07 discussions and track them (there are already four or five other '07 specific discussions that predate this latest change). You don't have to track all 40 some odd discussions.

Then every few weeks you may want to check the group list or Browse By Vehicle for other topics that may interest you.

It's more like we just moved the ebrake from the floor to the console; the steering wheel is still in the same place. :shades:
  • greggbostongreggboston Member Posts: 39
    Totally agree, there was no logical reason to drop the board since it generated a lot of visits to the Edmunds site (that's the purpose of these forums, isn't it?). I found lots of useful info from the "general" 2007 Tahoe/Yukon board and found there was no other discussion threads with even 10% of the great info on the 2007's and knowledgeable folks that the old thread had.

This change was disappointing, I enjoyed the old board, and this has made it less likely that I visit this site. I only have so much time to pop in and I don't have time to wade through various threads to look for 2007 info. So if there is no more 2007 info that is easy to find and interesting you won't find me visiting much longer.

- Gregg
    Boston, Mass
  • rhame13rhame13 Member Posts: 23
    Please reconsider your stance on the 2007 Tahoe Board. Bring it back...... I have a 2007 Denali, and like everyone else here that has objected, I must agree with all of their comments. It gave me one board that I could go to(several times a day) and see about possible different issues that affect this new bodystyle from GM. Whether it's a Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, or Yukon XL...most if not all of the issues relate to all of us. WE DON'T CARE about the 2003 transfer case whine?
    When the 2008 bodystyle rolls out, then maybe consolidate this board, but for now, there are many different issues that we are all trying to find out and this board WAS the best site on the net to find out the information. Now regardless what you are saying about clicking up a level and track all boards etc...it is too much work if you want to be able to log in and check it and then log back out. I am not in college and don't have all day to spend cruising the different boards to find the info I am looking for. THIS SITE WAS IT.

Just my 2 cents worth. :shades:
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Why can you not chat about the '07 Tahoe right HERE? News, views? And great hosts to boot. What more could want? :)

tidester, host
  • tony20fantony20fan Member Posts: 30
    George,
    Glad to see a familiar name. I agree with you 100%. I don't want to read any other posts besides the ones about the 2007 Tahoe (or Yukon). I, too, check the site several times a day and I enjoy reading other people's thoughts and ideas about this wonderful vehicle. I felt lost on this site after the original board was shut down. Where were all the familiar people? I hope this board will become what the other one was - minus the MPG discussions. We've got great vehicles even thougth the MPG figures were inaccurate. Hey, if we wanted gas misers we would have bought compact cars!!
    Don't sign off George - or any other Tahoe lovers either. Let's use this as our new board. I'm still in a quandry regarding the rear mat. I like to keep the 3rd row seats in and tumbled forward and need a mat that will cover the back and will also let me put the seats down when I need them. Help guys!! My two Yellow Labs are counting on you. They'll need to ride in the back soon!!! Hope to see all the "oldies" here.
    Dawn (Yes, I'm a girl Tahoe fan :) )
  • rhame13rhame13 Member Posts: 23
    tidester

From your posts in the old discussion board (now Read Only)I was left with the impression that we weren't going to be allowed to talk about any & all issues affecting the 07 body style of the Tahoe/Yukon in one discussion group, and that we were going to be required to break them up into separate discussions based on issue.

Did I misinterpret your posts or has their been an adaptation based on feedback?

Did I misinterpret your posts or has their been an adaptation based on feedback?

Those aren't mutually exclusive propositions! ;)

It was never our intent to cut off contact among our loyal and longtime members. The driving force behind the changes is the extremely daunting prospect faced by people coming to the site seeking information. They were confronted with all inclusive general discussions comprised of thousands (and, yes, even tens of thousands!) of posts. And they have been complaining to us about it in a deafening chorus.

As such, we will not be going back to the monolithic and ponderous single make/model topics. We will continue to seek the right level of "fine scale resolution" and this page is part of that endeavor.

For my part, I have been trying to come up with topics that (a) allow for continuous dialog among members but (b) will not be viewed as a primary data source. I have been experimenting with "Meet the members!" and "News and Views" topics. Those titles don't broadcast "this is where all of your specific questions are answered!" while the old style "Chevy Tahoe 2007" essentially invites noobs and longtimers alike to all gather in one place for answers to all questions.

The new system, through the group pages, let's someone see at a glance where he or she should go for the information they need without having to traverse vast expanses of extraneous information.

On the other hand, the more informal and "social" topics like this page can act as a catalyst for generating new topics as well as providing guidance and direction to noobs on where they should post their questions - particularly during the transition.

None of this happened or will happen overnight but, in the end, I think it will make the forums a lot more useful, more informative and, yes, even more friendly!

tidester, host
  • kssoonerkssooner Member Posts: 10
    George,
    Our 07 Tahoe back to dealer today for some warranty work nothing serious, but I did ask about the gage backlighting and he stated that there is a bulletin on it and they would fix it today so we'll see.
  • pdsniperpdsniper Member Posts: 5
    Remembering the old days a wishing to be back there again. It was sure nice to have a place to go and find information about the GM-900.

When I was searching the internet to find information on the 2007 Chevrolet Suburban that I had ordered, I came across a forum. I noticed that it was called “2007 Chevrolet Tahoe/GMC Yukon”. But with the exceptions of the Suburban body is 20” longer, wheel base is 14” longer and a few other things they are same vehicle. Chevrolet, GMC different trim and options…but close enough. I found that it was very informative and it gave me something to do while I was waiting for my vehicle to be built.

After the vehicle arrived I kept checking the form to find out further information about the vehicle, like problems, concerns, accessories, tips... I wasn’t looking for a specific problems or anything in particular but I did find good information and items that I would not have known or found out about if it wasn’t for that forum. I went as far as having a shortcut on my desktop! After the form was stopped I tried checking the other forums and found myself getting tired sifting through 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003…it became a pain. Going from checking the forum from 4 to 6 times a day, to once a day, I was hoping that someone in authority would reactivate it. I came into the forum at about post # 1500, I then found myself going back and reading all the others to catch up...yes, I have no life.

Be it a Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, Yukon XL, Avalanche, we all had one thing in common, 2007 GM-900.

As it was said before “Just my 2 cents worth.” Maybe if others will put their own 2 cents in, we could get enough money together and bribe the hosts in starting a 2007 GM-900 Forum Tahoe, Suburban, and Yukon….
  • jerrywimerjerrywimer Member Posts: 588
    is that you can simply go one level up from this discussion, by clicking the link that says "Chevrolet Suburban & Tahoe" in the line at the top of this page reading "Created by twernst10 in the Chevrolet Suburban & Tahoe Message Board", then on the resulting page click the "Track this group" link at the top right side above the list of discussions going on.

Once you do that you'll see the list of discussions with new posts in them each time you come here. And because most of them are fairly specific as to what they're about (for instance- "2007 Tahoe/ 20"Wheels"), you now have a much easier time seeing if there's anything that might be of interest to you. If there's not anything posted about a problem you're experiencing, you can start a new one with the appropriate title. And since you're most concerned with 2007 issues, you can even include the vehicle model info as in the example, so anyone else can easily filter the list without having to browse through hundred or thousands of posts in a single mishmash topic.

The new change is a very good thing. And if you feel lost the old standby "Search" is still around to search through all the topics under a grouping, or even in just a single topic. It may take some time to adjust to, but trust me, in the end it's MUCH easier to find things this way.
  • pdsniperpdsniper Member Posts: 5
    I understand what the hosts are trying to do, and in some cases it makes since. As I stated before "I wasn’t looking for a specific problems or anything in particular..." I was looking for general discussion. I found it very nice and good reading to go to the last known post and start reading again. Now you have to check different post to find all the information about “2007 Tahoe & Suburban” instead of one.
  • twernst10twernst10 Member Posts: 25
    Well All,
    I guess I am the father of this new discussion. I want to thank Tidster and the other host (sorry I forgot your screenname) for allowing my "Bring Back The 2007 Tahoe Board" to morph into the old general 2007 Tahoe/Yukon board. I think we all agree that the need for the general board to be open is great. It allowed us to ask general questions as well as specific ones. With the specific questions creating their own "new" boards. I am happy that so many of my fellow '07 owners are active in this new discussion; it will once again allow us the opportunity to ferret out problems, concerns and most importantly joys that we have with our new American Beasts. :shades: :shades: :shades: :shades: :shades: . I agree with others and the hosts that one way to keep track is to search, one way is to subscribe to email notices, and one way is just to loyally check the boards. I prefer the latter.

Now let me re-ask a question from many months ago. I have developed an overhead rattle. I believe I have tracked it down to the rear overhead light, the one in the cargo area. My question is, what fixes did the dealer do for any of you? Is there one I can do? I have to bring my '07 in for an oil change next week and would like to have some posibilities before I ask them to spend the day fixing it.

Thanks again to our hosts for responding so quickly and allowing us to have this forum.

twernst10
    the other host

The underscore throws a lot of people off. :shades:

Steve_, Host
  • ahightowerahightower Member Posts: 539
    The new way really is nice once you get used to it. I subscribe to the entire make/models that I'm interested, and whenever a new topic is started, it automatically shows up as I click through on "read new posts". I read almost everything, but if something shows up that I'm not interested in, I use that nifty little scrolly wheel on my mouse and get to the bottom and click once more.

Give the new format a chance. I'm learning a lot from you guys and gals. This is the most civil and intelligent auto forum that I've come across yet, and now the format is more modern. Please take the time to get used to it. Thanks!
  • canddmeyercanddmeyer Member Posts: 410
    I also agree. Bring back the Chevy Tahoe board as well as the 2007 Tahoe board. While you're at it, bring back the Honda Accord board as well as the Toyota 4Runner board which are two others I frequent.

It used to be very easy going to a board and have a general conversation, and go to an alternate board for problems and solutions relating to model year. Now discussions appear to be spread all over the place in new boards.

For example: This board, and especially the Honda Accord board have no place where someone can have a general conversation about the vehicle without going to the related Problems and Solutions forum, OR, opening a new board about a single topic, which is what is happening now all over these forums. Definitely a step backwards for those of us who want to read about current or future vehicles.
  • tahoedavetahoedave Member Posts: 9
    Not that it matters what I want, but I cast another vote for bringing back the 2007 Tahoe/Yukon forum. I started researching the '07 Tahoe before it came out last January and continued to do so until I bought my LTZ on July 1st. I found a lot of really useful information on the forum. Since my purchase, I continued to find a wealth of information on problems/issues and accessories. It was convenient to only have to click once to hear everything the contributors had to say. Sure, there were discussions that I wasn't necessarily interested in, but I could just check back and catch a thread that was of interest. I realize the new system is not rocket science, but it just seems entirely less convenient to have to click on each topic heading only to find that the particular discussion is not of interest or relevant to my concerns. I liked having everything under one discussion - from cargo mats, bowties, and rear fascia closeouts to rear window molding and mileage concerns. You do a great service here and the readers are clearly knowledgeable (and frequently passionate about their views!), I just preferred it the way it was. Thanks.
  • valvestudvalvestud Member Posts: 35
    As I stated in an earlier post, take a look at www.maxima.org, www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php and you'll see how a useful the site is when broken out by generation of product. When I'm looking for answers for my 2007 Denali XL, I don't want to have to wade through post for vehicles covering all model years.

I took a look here again this morning to see if the 2007 Yukon/Tahoe/Suburban specific thread was back. It's not and I continue to find the "new" system too cumbersome to deal with.

Hopefully the structure will be re-thought.

Take care,

Joe
  • bonzo6bonzo6 Member Posts: 4
    Hi--I'm new to the board here, but feel like I know most of the posters, due to the fact that I have gone through all 2069 (I think) messages recently while researching facts for my purchase of the Yukon XL SLT.

I thank you all for your contributions, because they were valuable input for me to have BEFORE meeting with the dealer. I knew far more about the vehicle than my salesman, and that just shows the benefit of having all this information at my fingertips.

My input on this thread is common to the other posters--please, please keep the other format (general issues about the GMT900 platform, Tahoe, Yukon, etc.) alive!!! I found it very useful to have "one-stop shopping", and it was the same kind of structure as I was used to from my prior site, Audiworld (I moved from an Audi A8, and could not be happier with my new truck).

Anyway, if enough voices in the ether are saying the same thing, will Edmunds listen??
  • highsheriffhighsheriff Member Posts: 11
    I miss the old way of posting. Where are all the folks who wanted the change? Oh well it's been great...
  • ted44ted44 Member Posts: 10
    Let's open a board with this title. I miss the original 2007 Tahoe board as much as the rest of you that have spoken out about it. :cry: The subject vehicles are all basically the same except for trim & wheelbase. My 2002 Burb has over 100k miles on it now and I'm trying to learn as much about the new models as I can before taking the $50k plunge. The now closed 2007 Tahoe board was providing a perfect place for clicking in daily and gathering that information.
    Postings seem a little slow around here now. :sick:
    Maybe a new board for 2007 GM biggies will get things started again. :shades:
  • jjohnstonjjohnston Member Posts: 7
    A previous poster mentioned an overhead rattle and his post and follow-ups changed to forum format issues. I also had an overhead rattle in my 07 Denali. Found it to be the cross bars of the roof rack. I relocated them to the distances per owner's manual and securely tightened them. No more rattles. The Yukon rack may be different, but it could be the culprit. J
  • stormin800stormin800 Member Posts: 39
    Since the general 2007 Tahoe/Yukon forum was turned to a read only on October 23, I have tried several times to try to garner information by reading many other forums. Nothing interest me. Especially since I own a 2007 Yukon which has no forum even available. I am sorry that I didn't buy the 07 Denali for which forums do exist with minimal posts. Again, I found the general forum to be VERY helpful regarding ALL GMT900 SUVs. It is unfortunate that either the Hosts or Edmunds doesn't understand the needs of the 07 GMT 900 buyers by making us wade thru tons of small specific forums to gather very little real info. Too Bad this is probably my last visit and posting because of above.
    Especially since I own a 2007 Yukon which has no forum even available.

It's a very simple matter to create your own "Yukon: News and Views" topic or, if you'd like, we can add the Yukon to the title of this topic. Just say the word. :)

tidester, host
  • seagraveseagrave Member Posts: 21
    I agree. Bring back the older version of these forums.
    Apparently, you missed the memo: tidester, "2007 Chevrolet Tahoe/GMC Yukon" #2070, 12 Nov 2006 3:15 pm

:)

tidester, host
  • tony20fantony20fan Member Posts: 30
    Yes, we got the memo, but apparently the hosts aren't getting the message that we want the old forum back. This is my first time checking here in almost a month. I used to check several times a day. The point is, of course we can create new boards, but no one wants too. We were comfortable with and used to the old board. The old board was successful. What was the purpose of turning it to read only? That's something the hosts haven't addressed. The last post on the "New" 07 board was over 2 weeks ago. The old board had many postings daily. I don't know what the hosts don't get, but this area of the site is dead. I think it's been too long and people have turned to other options for communication. None of the regulars are around and I doubt if anyone but the hosts will even see my post. I don't know why I'm wasting my energy with it. But one thing's for sure, the hosts probably don't have too much to do now - no one posts anymore. Thanks for nothing!!
    Everyone else is talking up a storm in 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe/GMC Yukon and Chevy Tahoe. So, why aren't you?

tidester, host
  • corkscrewcorkscrew Member Posts: 254