Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Entourage: Audio/Entertainment

ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
edited May 2014 in Hyundai
Discuss audio (iPOD, MP3, CD, stereo, etc.) options, problems, and questions here.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

Comments

• musky1gfmmusky1gfm Member Posts: 36
    Could people who have this option give me a review of it?
    Such as is it worth the $2200 msrp,how it sounds over the standard system,etc.
    I'm looking at a 07 Santa Fe,and it has this same option. :confuse:
  • pelican19pelican19 Member Posts: 323
    I own the 07 Entourage SE and the 07 Santa Fe Limited AWD
    Is it worth 2200..........NO
    If your into good music the Hyundai sound system works well.
    As for the DVD - The roof mount is cleaner looking but unless you are buying them to be show cars then its not worth it. I tested both of them and declined. Instead I added a 10in powered subwoofer to both and purchased a dual DVD package from target that mounts on the headrests of the Entourage. Looks fine and the kids can watch two(2) different movies at the same time. Cost : Less than $700. Now ya cant beat that. If your interested let me know and I will post photos and details...
  • alakaybeealakaybee Member Posts: 2
    I am trying to get a DVD installed on my SE model. I would like it to be as integrated as possible, both in appearance, and function. Any thoughts?
  • pelican19pelican19 Member Posts: 323
    IMO I have heard too many horror stories about integrating anything into the electrical system on Hyundais. If your installer goofs your warranty suffers. May I suggest a twin DVD combo drive. They mount off the head rests and if you have two kids like I do they want to watch different movies. I scored one unit from Target for less than $ 250

kawasaki PVS297OS Portable DVD
    Twin Player/ Two Screens two remotes

http://www.dealtime.com/xPR-kawasaki-Kawasaki-Mobile-Video-System-with-2-DVD-Pla- yers-and-Monitors-PVS297OS
  • orangeblue33orangeblue33 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking to possibly purchase the Entourage and would like it if the audio system had an input jack for an Mp3 player or Ipod. Either on the standard equipped or on the upgrade? Thanks for your help!
  • hrngffcrhrngffcr Member Posts: 90
    I have the Entourage Limited with Ultimate Package and it does not have an IPod plug in. I had an aftermarket nav system installed and added an IPod module. It's great to be able to not only control the IPod from the large touch screen, but you get the name of the album, the artist, and the song name on the screen.

It will be interesting to see if an IPod plug in is added when the 2008s come out (whenever that is; there's no telling with the year identification that they use on cars these days).
  • orangeblue33orangeblue33 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info hrngffcr. Since there is no way to integrate an Ipod directly, is there at least an AUX input that you could plug into somewhere? I noticed on one of the descriptions that there was Mp3 capability. Is that Mp3 audio discs, or did they mean something else? Thanks again!
  • hrngffcrhrngffcr Member Posts: 90
    If there is an AUX input, I am unaware of it. The reference must have been to the six-disc changer being able to play Mp3 audio discs. I'll try to look in my manual tomorrow to see if there is any mention of an AUX input in the stereo (there are AUX inputs in the third row to use with games, etc with the overhead DVD player).
  • rtsmedleyrtsmedley Member Posts: 1
    We are looking at buying the limited with everything. We are wondering about extra headphones. We have 4 kids. The dealer said that extra ones are about 130.00 a pop. Does anyone know where to get cheaper ones?
  • jsrfjsrf Member Posts: 6
    Hello,

Didn't want the system when we bought our Entourage. Our kids have portable DVD players. But, being that it was the only one with the color combination my wife wanted after looking at every dealership within 50 miles, and the fact that I got it for just 1100 over another quote without, I ended up with the system.

All that being said, it is an extremely nice system. Mine has 13 speakers. It sounds much better than the lower system, and I'd have to say that even though it is a lot of money, I am glad I have it.

The DVD player has a surround sound feature, which is pretty cool, although, I don't know who in their right mind would allow a movie with surround sound to be playing in the car while driving. So, as cool as it is, it has limited use. But the wireless headphones are nice. They do not work in the front seats or outside the van. You have to be behind the infrared emitter for them to work. The only down side I see in it all is getting my three kids to agree on the same movie. There is always one dissenter.

I would not have bought it if I could have found one without, but knowing what I know now, I'd buy it again.
  • jsrfjsrf Member Posts: 6
    Check ebay. Got two new headsets and a remote for $85.00. The remote is marked KIA, but who cares.

The person that sold me mine had two complete kits (two headsets and remote). If you want, I can dig up her email.
  • tomcat5470tomcat5470 Member Posts: 8
    I heave a GLS, and want to get another stereo with Bluetooth for my cell phone, plus an AUX input for a Creative Labs MP3 player. I am also considering adding satellite radio later.

Has anyone added such a system to their van?

I am considering the Pioneer DEH-P7900BT and the Sony MEX-BT2500.
  • josm100josm100 Member Posts: 30
    I have not but check www.crutchfield.com, they have a great website and information, cheers.
  • greengeckogreengecko Member Posts: 2
    rtsmedley,

You posted this a few months ago and here's our story. We almost passed on the Entourage altogether b/c of my youngest one not liking the headphones. However, problem solved.

CarToys sells much better headsets (by Audiovox) than the ones sold by Hyundai. They slide around on the head less, they're more snug, the part that sits over the ears has a swivel to it, there's a big difference in sound quality, they block out more exterior noise and they are only about $50 with tax!
  • batavia02batavia02 Member Posts: 38
    is xm radio available on the entourage?
  • glyokeglyoke Member Posts: 2
    We have an '07 Entourage with the DVD player.
    First, we did not check to see that we got the headphones and remote. Some dealers remove these from the vehicles so they aren't stolen. Then we had to convince the sales dept that we didn't lose them. Finally resolved.
    The first time we used the DVD player, the disc wouldn't eject. Unit would turn on, then go off when any button was pushed. The unit was replaced, but had to be sent to the DVD factory to have the disc removed. About 5-6 weeks!
    Service has been good, our complaint is that we have to sue it.
  • djbadjba Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I just purchased a 2007 Entourage yesterday. I can't seem to get any sound out of the DVD player. The video works fine. It didn't come with the headphones and I don't think the remote is working (even after a new battery). In punching some of the buttons on the player I can see a menu item that might indicate that the sound i turned off but I can't figure out how to get to that menu item to try and turn it on.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
  • hjc1hjc1 Member Posts: 183
    If you have the Limited model push the button on the radio above the volume control marked CD/AUX. That button will allow you to play the DVD sound through the car speakers. The remote control does not work well from the front seats only the second and third row seats...... If that doesn't work take the van back to the dealer.
  • greyentourgreyentour Member Posts: 3
    I have an entourage with the entertainment system and one of the headphones is already busted due to a 6 year-old using them. Can I buy any IR headphone or do I need to buy a Hyundai headphone?
This discussion has been closed.