Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lexus LS - Buying Used

bladerunner1bladerunner1 Member Posts: 4
edited April 2014 in Lexus
Looking for an used Lexus LS400 that might not be running, but is still in good shape. Does anyone know
where i could find a fix-r-upper like that.
If there are other models that are not running either
i would also be interested.

Comments

• Options
    wabendswabends Member Posts: 102
    A friend of mine has been offered a Black 2005 LS 430 with the UltraLux package and 44,700 miles for $41900. It has CPO. The service at this dealership is excellent. Overall, the vehicle is clean in the interior and exterior (without any visible dents or scratches). Is it a good price?

Wabends
  • Options
    muchogustomuchogusto Member Posts: 5
    Just purchased a 2005 LS430 22k mi with Modern Lux package, smart key and 18" wheels with an add on XM Radio for $44k. Condition was excellent with new tires. This was a good value given the condition and mileage, plus options. Sounds like your option is a good one considering the accessories and the mileage/condition.

Good luck with it.
  • Options
    that is not of a price for that car with all the options on it
    it also depends on the color and interior too. But tell your
    friend to go for it. Maybe even talk them down a little.

blade..

Ps. If you know of anyone selling a broke down lexus let me know.
  • Options
    Thanks for your input. Interestingly, when my friend went back to get the car, he was asked to pay $42,800 because there were several customers who wanted to pay the sticker price of $42,990. Anyway, he has decided to buy the car. I will let you know the outcome.
  • Options
    The exterior color is black with cashmere interior. I went to look at the car at the dealership with him, In my opinion, the car looks immaculate with no scratches or dents. It also drives very well. The dealer has offered to certify the car and a new set of floor mats.

I have encouraged him to buy it. I will keep you posted.
  • Options
    Is your car certified?
  • Options
    i work on lexus cars a little here and there, my wife drives a RX350, that car is brand new. :shades:
  • Options
    bob2bob2 Member Posts: 10
  • Options
    bob2bob2 Member Posts: 10
    I've always loved the Lexus ever since they came to America. I can't afford a new one, but I could afford a 430 that was 5 or 6 years old with 50 or 60 thousand miles. My question is this. If it was taken care of mechanically prior to my ownership and if I took care of it, could I expect 150 to 200 thousand miles without any major problems. Are they that good mechanically? I drove an Acura until it had 224,000 miles on it. Could I expect in your opinion the same out of a Benz or BMW? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    joey1208joey1208 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2000 LS400 with120K that runs like a dream.
    Since the price of gas started going up I checked out the Subaru Forester.I have a chance to trade my car in and get a new Forester- They offered me a really sweet deal.
    What would you do?
  • Options
    joey1208joey1208 Member Posts: 2
    I just got new brakes for my LS400 For$800.00
    It is not a major problem mechanically but it gives you an idea about the cost of maintenance
  • Options
    I would not trade in the LS, see if you can sell it out right. Then go and buy the Forester. How much they give you on trade???
This discussion has been closed.