Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the Edmunds forums! We are changing the way you sign into our forums. Click here to learn more.

Dodge Ram Noises and Rattles

2»

Comments

• KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    You didn't say which year, but do check your ball joints (upper and lower) and your track bar if it's a 4x4.

kcram - Pickups/Wagons Host
  • I have a 04 2500 and today when i accelerate its making a metal in a can sound and is sounds like its from the rear. It only does it around 2000 to 2500 rpms. I checked the drive lines and they were tight. Anyone have any ideas or similar problem?
    Check your cat and muffler. That kind of rattle is a symptom of a rotted core on one of them.

• Bought my 2010 Ram 2500 TRX4 in Feb. Now, after 6,500mi, I noticed the first interior mystery noise coming from the headliner or dash on the driver's side. I know it sounds like I could easily distinguish where it's coming from, and even tried to lean forward as much as I safely could while driving, but can't pinpoint it. Not a really loud noise, just annoying when the stereo's off, because the rest of the truck is so amazingly quiet.
    Suggestion: have someone else drive so you can sit in the center position and move around a bit more freely to find the source.

• bough a quad cab 2010 2500 after 40-50 mph,,unreal noise thru both front sides windows,,like air leaking. dealer just told me is the way the mirrows were design... Nothing they can do..any suggestions,,,,any recalls////
  • I had similar sound it turned out to be a heat sheild on the tail pipe that protects the spare tire a weld broke I wound up tearing it of and the noise stopped.
2»