Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Oldsmobile Intrigue Trunk Remote Issue

rshaferrshafer Member Posts: 4
edited March 2014 in Oldsmobile
I own a 1998 intrigue, My trunk remote button doesnt work, I have no way of opening my trunk up. How do I fix this.

Comments

• moonshadowmoonshadow Member Posts: 256
    How do I fix this.

I'm going out on a limb here,

Perhaps the key?
  • rshaferrshafer Member Posts: 4
    Why would it have to do with the key for, the button is inside the car. Not the one on my trunk
  • 01intrigue01intrigue Member Posts: 92
    You asked how to get the trunk open. The key is an option, using the keyhole in the trunk lid. That's all.
    That one doesnt work either, I use different keys to make sure it wasnt the key
  • lind777lind777 Member Posts: 7
    Mine has split fold down rear seats so you could crawl in and pull the release handle.
    Lind, I believe the folding bench in the back was only available on the upper models in 2001, unsure with 1998.

Why would it have to do with the key for, the button is inside the car. Not the one on my trunk

Rshafer. I responded to the question you asked.
    I own a 1998 intrigue, My trunk remote button doesnt work, I have no way of opening my trunk up. How do I fix this

You gave no other info.
    You did not say you tried the keys,
    You did not say if you used the button on the remote control.
    You did not say if you can hear the trunk lock click when pushing the button in the car.
    You did not say if you could feel any resistance in the lock when turning the key.
    You didn't even say if the keys turned in the lock.
    You did not give your location, so I can not know if the lock or trunk seal is frozen.

I apologize for not being clairvoyant. Without information, seeing, touching or fiddling with the problem I can only guess at the most probable logical solution.

Cheers
    My car doesnt have fold down seats

I tried differnt keys
    I dont have the feature on this car with the remote control
    I hear something click when I press the trunk remote button

The key wont turn in the lock to my trunk.
    I live in western NY
    I hear something click when I press the trunk remote button
    The key wont turn in the lock to my trunk.

Ok. Since the key won't turn and the trunk release solenoid is clicking, then the lock mechanism is either seized or frozen. Is the little door over the key slot closing?

First, try some lock deicer in the key slot, if you've had freezing rain lately. (western NY). Or even real cold temperatures.

No go, then try some lubricant in the slot.

If the mechanism is jammed/frozen then even though the solenoid is trying it cannot budge the mechanism, just like you cannot with the key.

What has been your weather conditions before this happened?
This discussion has been closed.