Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Infiniti QX4 hids not working

jjiimmjjiimm Member Posts: 1
edited May 2014 in INFINITI
just bought an 01 with 100k, everything seems very good and excited about having it. however 2 things arent right.
1) my drivers side hid and bright lights are not working, passenger side - both lights are working. connections look good, havent looked at fuses yet, im asking because i thought these lights last forever, and since both high/low are not working, i dont think its the bulbs.
2) my cd has error 1, most comments ive read say error 2 thanks for any direction you can give me.

Comments

• Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    No, they don't last forever and it is possible they are burned out. You might as well check the fuses just rule that out. There is also the possibility they were physically damaged by some external agent.

tidester, host
  • Options
    dj69dj69 Member Posts: 3
    I have a problem that started two days ago. First, my left turn signal was stuck (left on) when the lights were on. Few other lights were also off. After a while, the lights including the signal light worked again. What a relief.. Then today, everything started out okay. About 10 minutes later, all of the inside dashboard lights, turn signal lights, all rear lights, and lights for radio and climate buttons went out. It's still out. Anyone with any crazy problems like mine? Thanks.
  • Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
  • Options
    fbazefbaze Member Posts: 1
    Your turn signal is bad. The components in the switch control most of the lighting in the SUV. I had the same problem. Turn signal and installation cost me $180.00 at Infinti Dealership.
  • Options
    jiaminjiamin Member Posts: 556
    I think the turn signal switch assembly on QX4 is the same as on 96 Maxima (with fog light option). I ordered from courtesyparts.com the signal switch assembly which costed about $40 (that is like eight years ago). It was relatively easy to install by myself.

However, the dash light is not controlled by this switch but by ignition switch.
  • Options
    lakers4lifelakers4life Member Posts: 2
    i have a 97 honda civic. and i have the same problem.but it my passenger side. it would work for the 1 week. and after that.. it wouldnt. it only work the first time u turn it on. When i park and go somewhere n come out, it wouldnt turn on. people told it the ballast or the bulb, i went through 4 set of HID. still the same. some say it the wiring, but my halogen works. so i been trying to figure out for the past 1 year. so now im on stock bulb because i cant get my HID to work.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    You'll probably get more responses over in the Older Civic Maintenance and Repair discussion.
This discussion has been closed.