Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX 2008

chocsforuchocsforu Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Acura
Anyone has a clue when the '08 model will be out. I have seen some indication of redesigning the TSX for '08. Like many I would rather wait befor I switch to new redesigned model and buy a pre-owned '06 rather than the '07 which will be out dated soon.

Or may be someone has a clue around what month of the year does Acura traditionally release the new models?

Thanks

Comments

• johnny420johnny420 Member Posts: 473
    It looks like the full model change for the TSX will be for MY 2009, to be released in fall 2008. The MY 2008 TSX will likely only see further enhancements to the current version.
  • chocsforuchocsforu Member Posts: 3
    There are some links I found on google suggesting the 2008 being a total redesign and on the other forum there are people talking about the same. Not sure if we can ever confirm this - is there a way?
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Member Posts: 811
    if you go to the tsx club website they have a forum showing spy pictures of the 09 new designed tsx.
  • chocsforuchocsforu Member Posts: 3
    Found it TSX 2009 Spied

Though it is not a convincing thread, I would accept that it is the case for now. I also noticed that the price will go up with features that are being talked about.

I might be ok to just go ahead and get the '07 model :)
  • johnny420johnny420 Member Posts: 473
    Looks like a USDM Accord to me. If the mechanicals mentioned in the article are true, then it might be interesting. I really hope it does not look like the car in the pics. If it looks like the Sports 4 concept, count me in :shades:
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    There's nothing new there. The combination of the Sports4 body with the RDX drivetrain has been talked about for a long time. The only issue in doubt is the launch date.
    went to the acura website-the price for 2008 tsx is there. price went up but no changes from the 07 model
    Honda inserted a short MY08 model till the new model is available - probably early 08. It was a good excuse to raise the price of car to get folks ready for the much higher increase coming for the 09. Acura wants to join the real luxury makes so it must raise the price for the TSX so it no longer has any cars below 30K.

It was interesting to see how little the revised MY08 millage figures affected the car.
  • autoboy16autoboy16 Member Posts: 992
    The tsx wouldn't be all that expensive. Maybe starting at that classic entry luxury price of $29,990. If the TSX and the RDX shared parts, then the price of both can drop. Especially with SH-AWD being offered in all acura models (except the TL and canada only CSX).

I hope that it is the Sports4 body and have 3 engines. A 205hp 2.4l I4, a 250hp 2.3T, and a 2.2l CTD-i diesel engine! In europe, the diesel engine gets 60MPG and should be about 50mpg here.

-Cj
    Two engines (turbo 4 and diesel) I can see - 3 engines I very much doubt. And the diesel won't be available for at least 1 year after launch.
  • autoboy16autoboy16 Member Posts: 992
    acura/honda will most likely drop the 2.4 in favor of the 2.3T.

Honda can have the 2.4 as the "BASE" TSX, the 2.3T as the "Type-s" and the diesel as the "type-E(economy)" but you never know what honda has planned until a month after the product is released!

-Cj
    The whole point of Acura is to aim for the needs of 90% of the folks and leave everyone else behind by NOT allowing too many options, including engines. The only drivetrain option I see as a possibility are diesels as the "green" alternative to a hybrid. Many makers milk the first year "gotta have" buyers by giving the market "just enough" and then add things during the model run to keep buyers coming in. So the first year I don't foresee any options at all (engine wise) but then allow the diesel option down the road.

The Sept Frankfurt show should have more info.
  • ktm308ktm308 Member Posts: 17
    Did anyone notice the rated MPG on the sticker of the 2008 dropped from the 2007 numbers. Did Acura change something on the motor?
  • tsx08tsx08 Member Posts: 1
    I dont think so...EPA has new estimate rating system for 08 so they got adjusted...supposedly more realistic...Anyway, i purchased a new 2008 Acura TSX for 27,550 w/o navi,auto...Dont think i did too bad. i pick it up saturday and am VERY excited to get behind the wheel.
    Nothing changed other than the EPA measurement method and a $100 increase in MSRP.
  • jphjphjphjph Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys,

We just bought a 08 TSX and my wife prefers the metric displays. Anybody knows how to change miles to KM, F to C and where to get a dashboard in metric?

Thanks!!!

JP
  • ramstein317ramstein317 Member Posts: 47
    I have a dumb question, and it seems like I am the only one who is having problem. I just recently LEASED, a 2008 Acura TSX with Navigation. Car is built in JAPAN 100%. However, I currently have almost 2000 Miles. Whenever I am driving with the "AC", on there seems be getting some kind of a "KNOCKING", noise coming from the engine/hood. I read the manual, and only way the noise should be coming is IF I DON'T USE PREMIUM 91 or higher Octange Gas. But, I have been using PREMINUM gas at any gas station. Any reasons or any ideas, what's going on? I will be getting the car back to the dealer to check it out, on my first oil change. In that case, 2 more questions-- I have the navigation, would that display any TRAFFIC patterns in the GPS? I thought it does, maybe I don't know how to set it up. When should I do my first OIL CHANGE? Thanks everyone...
  • mrgold35mrgold35 Member Posts: 73
    The 08 TSX does not have real time traffic option. I think the problem is with the Bluetooth module used for the TSX needs to be exchanged with a 07/08 TL Bluetooth w/ traffic to work properly in our cars. I think it is a mistake on the web site because it shows traffic information on the Acura web site for the TSX:

www.acura.com
    Click TSX
    Click Features and Options
    Click Audio and Communications
    Click Navigation System Overview
    Click Destination Database (enlarge the picture and it shows Traffic data)

As far as oil changes, just follow the MID oil life schedule % (about every 4500 to 5500 miles). Changing your oil at 3000 miles will not make much of a difference for the TSX. I switched to Mobil 1 5w-30 at 5000 miles and notice a slight increase in mpgs (1/2 to ¾ per gallon of gas).
    Mrgold35: Thanks for your feedback. I will go by the MID Oil life schedule indicater. Would it be okay, to use the "Geniune Honda Oil 5W-30"? By the way, I did saw the traffic info, by your guidance on Acura.com I should rather ask the dealer that why no notifications comes up on the navigation system. But thanks for getting back. I like the car thought. Very well made, and worth the money. I haven't linked my cell phone to the bluetooth module yet. If there are passengers in my car, I rather not let them allow to listen to my conversation.
    As far as oil changes, just follow the MID oil life schedule % (about every 4500 to 5500 miles). Changing your oil at 3000 miles will not make much of a difference for the TSX. I switched to Mobil 1 5w-30 at 5000 miles and notice a slight increase in mpgs (1/2 to ¾ per gallon of gas).

I'm not 100% sure if the 08 TSX can display traffic information. I haven't seen a lot of upgrade to the 08 model compared to the 07 TSX. I would double-check with the dealership just to make sure if the option is there.

I went to Wal-mart and purchase 5 quart jug of Mobil 1 5w-30 for about $19 and took this to Acura when my oil % was below 5%. I just feel better using Mobil 1 and I plan on keeping my 06 TSX well pass the 100,000 mile mark.

The only oil I will not take a chance on is the transmission. I will use "Genuine Honda tranny oil" only. I changed my tranny oil in my Accord at a shop down the street and my tranny died 6 months later. It could or could not be tranny oil related.
  • carx22carx22 Member Posts: 3
    Guys,

Is the only difference between the 07 and 08 model the fact that the 08 has Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition™ now available in Hawaii??

That seems to be the only think I can find. Thanks.
    my 06 tsx has navigation with voice recognition. maybe that is a new thing in Hawaii.
    there is real time traffic information on xm- not that it would help me. it is for certain areas of the country. i accidently started listening to it-san diego was one of the areas
  • dad23dad23 Member Posts: 866
    Yeah, I ran across that scanning the XM channels one day too, but my area wasn't included either.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    A recent post has prompted a new topic and some posts have been moved. Check this out: swimn10s, "My Salesperson Misled Me" #2, 8 Oct 2007 10:43 pm.
    according to the xm guide the following areas are included in their instant traffic, weather, boston ma, ny ny, philadelphia pa, baltimore md, washington dc, pittsburgh pa, detroit mi, chicago il, st. louis mo, minneapolis/st paul mn, seattle wa, sanfrancisco ca, los angeles ca, peonix az, dallas/ft worth tx, houston tx, atlanta ga, tampa/st.petersburg fl.
    Well, I have question about your answer (NJ2pa2NC). According to XM Radio.com// They do not list 2008 TSX for their TRAFFIC updates. Is that correct? Because, I do have a 2008 Tsx with Navigation, and wish to get the traffic updates, even though there are times, I get an "icon", for "TRAFFIC", in my icon menu. Please advice. Thanks...
    do you subsribe to the xm radio or are you still in the 3 month trial. if you are the traffic is on channels 2l0-230. i really do not think it has to do anything with having nav.
  • upstatedocupstatedoc Member Posts: 710
    Is there a discussion for the upcoming redesigned '09 TSX?
    Yes, I have the remaining 2 months of Free trial of XM radio. I hardly listen to it. But, I wanted to know if there is "anyway", I would get notification on my NAVIGATION for any traffic pattern/update? Thanks...
    the tsx does not have the real-time traffic feature like the tl does. this feature is not free except for the first 3 months. to answer your question-NO-
  • schmurgschmurg Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased my 08 TSX w/o Navi and set up the Hands Free Link. I can receive calls and the phones are paired but I can't seem to get it to call out. I say "call" then say the numbers but it never repeats the numbers back. Does anyone have a suggestion?
  • dad23dad23 Member Posts: 866
    Congrats on your new vehicle! You might try going to www.handsfreelink.com to see if there are compatibility issues with your phone. Have you tried getting help from your dealer or Acura TLC?
    if i can not figure things out on the operations of my tsx i ask the service advisor to help me when i bring my car for service. it is great that he owns an 06 6spd tsx w/ nav like mine so he is excellant in showing me things-like the bluetooth and different things on the nav.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,499
    in the TSX, and it's been interesting reviewing the associated posts.

The car presently on the top of my list is the BMW 3 series, and yes, I've read the comparison board.

The thing I find most revealing is that none of the TSX fans seem very passionate about the car.

I'm an engineer, so I'm likely to pass on the really good car that I can exercise 10 days a year & sign up for the car that'll be equally pleasant on the daily commute & offer 90% of the bimmer on those rare road trips.

That said, the TSX boards appear to be deader than dead. My kids love Honda (& Acura, by association), & I'm willing to listen.

Sadly, few seem to be talking.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • gdoctsx1gdoctsx1 Member Posts: 60
    I'm not sure what exactly your post is about?? I'm a TSX owner and love the car. Also a previous BMW owner. Dollar for dollar, I think it's still the best car in the segment. An equivalently equipped A4, or BMW 323, 328, IS250 is approximately 5000-10000 more money. Road feel, handling, features and a very peppy motor it's a joy to drive. The absence of chatter may something to do with the anticipation of the 2009 TSX and TL. I'm extremely passionate about the car.
    i am the proud owner of a milano red/ebony 06 6speed tsx with nav, bought new 11/17/06, with almost 29,000 miles. for the price i think the tsx is equal to the bmw 3 series (IMO) Yes the bmw is excellant but I have to dish out more money. i am extremely happy with my car-we drove it 6,177 miles in May touring 20 states. comfortable, excellant gas mileage and more than enough power. we drove on all kinds of roads in all kinds of weather-great handling car. plan to tour more states next May in our tsx.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,499
    Appreciate the feedback. If I were to get one, it'd have exactly the colors you've picked, but no nav -- I have a great portable.

What kind of gas mileage did you get on your 20-state journey? Sounds like a great trip.

Thanks.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
    for the whole trip we averaged 32.7 mpg. the best we got was almost 38 but we never went below 32. the only complaints are the lousy paint that chips easy and the foglights cracked. the dealer replaced them as a one-time good will thing. i now have rockblocker on them. alot of other owners have put clear bra's on their cars-too late 4 me. the tl is an excellant car but now only comes with automatic transmission. did not like the color choices either. extermely happy with my tsx. in may we are heading out west again-california-
  • sebastian1sebastian1 Member Posts: 4
    How has the tsx handled in the snow? Live in northeast and current passat front wheel performed poorly.

thanks
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Member Posts: 3,118
    Have you tried snow tires?
    I found the TSX handles OK in the snow with the standard tires. The VSA light and anti-lock brakes would engage a lot on icy roads. I would have to put the car in SS mode and start in 2nd gear to help with traction and give myself plenty of time to stop with the OEM tires.

I've been a fwd honda/acura person since 1990 and it comes down to having the proper tires for honda/acura cars for snow and ice.
  • upstatedocupstatedoc Member Posts: 710
    I've discussed this Ad nauseum on the TL post and I assume the TSX handles similarly to the TL. I had to trade in my TL for an MDX due to the poor snow performance. I even had 4 Blizzaks on the TL and it still wouldn't get up my hill. If you live in a hilly area, beware.
    That's why Acura will have SH-AWD on all it's vehicles to satisfy such a need.
    i hope they offer one without AWD- not necessary where I live in north carolina. as a former resident of snowy hilly areas we owned FWD,RWD 4WD and AWD vehicles. to be honest with you the rwd volvo did the best. we made sure we had good tires-not necessarily snow tires. I think the worst thing is to stop when going up on a snowy hill. Just do not try to race the engine.
  • rv65rv65 Member Posts: 1,076
    Avaliable in both FWD and SH-AWD. i4 or v6 engines. Type-S I don't know. No turbo 4 like the RDX. Acura is being serious this time. The GPS is now being controlled by an idrive like knob. Same system as the 08 accord, MDX, RL, and RDX. Hard Drive for music is a possbility. Probably with navigation. Real time XM weather reporting like the new caddy CTS. Thats all I can say about the 09 TSX.
    Everything but the V6 sounds about right.
    Really. Even some acura LPL's can confirm the v6 supposedly.
    Production will start in March with late april/early may delivery.

http://satoauto.com/cblog/

Navigation will have to be ordered in a tech package. Expect bluetooth to be standard. Acura Link might have weather capabilities. XM now has that option. No word on powertrains.
This discussion has been closed.