Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Ford Mustang Head Gasket

jstrykerjstryker Member Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in Ford
Have 94 convert with a 3.8 engine has a blown head gasket, has 181000 miles on it, was ver well maintained, is it worth having it repaired?

Comments

• Options
    mschmalmschmal Member Posts: 1,757
    Wow, I'm just amazed that you got 181,000 before that junk engine blew the head gasket.

Mark.
  • Options
    nancy49022nancy49022 Member Posts: 6
    hey im a female duh and wanted 2 know did ya fix your heads and how hard was it or$ i bought a sweet 95 on 20"s for a grand tires rims receipt incar for $3500 how can i find some nancyimage
  • Options
    kdeverekdevere Member Posts: 1
    i need a manual or instructions on the replacement of a head gasket intake and exhaust manifolds for a 96 mustang with a 3.8l v6 also need torque specs
  • Options
    maritzagmorenomaritzagmoreno Member Posts: 1
    Hello I HAVE A 2001 FORD MUSTANG AND I NEED TO ASK HOW MUCH A BANK HEAD GASKET FOR CYLINDER 3 WOULD RANGE FROM LIKE THE CHEAPEST OR MOST ECPENSIVE? ITS A V6 3.8
  • Options
    papasam1papasam1 Member Posts: 84
    Well for those that think the 3.8 motor junk lets just say that if you drive the car like you have good sense the motor will last 200,000 miles but if you think you have a cobra or a GT and you drive it that way then yes you will make the little engine junk. And for the mustang drive with that car it is worth fixing and don't let these lead foot, loose brained folks turn you from a car that has served you well just because they are well on the less of a mustang drive than you are.
This discussion has been closed.