Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Prius - Traction Control vs Vehicle Stability Control

2»

Comments

• kdhspyderkdhspyder Member Posts: 7,160
    It's going to mandatory on all vehicles in the US by MY 2012. No getting around it.

There's lots of discussion about the subject here with pro's and con's and tips. The first tip is get good snow tires. those that have gotten good winter shoes don't report any issues; Canada, Minn, Colo, Calif mountains, NE, etc.
  • shawnswifieshawnswifie Member Posts: 2
    oh my gosh!! I had to reply!! I thought it was my driving!! I tried to leave my home this passed winter(i live in OR) we live on a hill. We have a 2008 and i lost complete control, it was like nothing worked! i ended up down an embankment and had to be towed out very scary!! 12,000 in damage!!!we did not have snow tires, but now im afraid to even to drive it next winter even if we get snow tires. have you bought snow tires did they help.thanks for sharing your story!
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Member Posts: 1,739
    On the Fords and GM products I have driven with it there is a button to turn it off. Once you restart the vehicle it is back on unless you manually turn it off.
This discussion has been closed.