Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

What is the consenus on 2006.5 Optima?

mickeyrommickeyrom Member Posts: 936
edited April 2014 in Kia
Would you want your kids or friends buy it? :)

Comments

• Options
    I guess there is no consensus. :cry:
  • Options
    bmetelskybmetelsky Member Posts: 10
    I would certainly recommend the KIA Optima 2006.5 or 2007 to anyone that was looking for a new vehicle.
  • Options
    cmhj2000cmhj2000 Member Posts: 381
    We bought one last Sep. So far it's been a good car.

Have the LX I4.
  • Options
    Well, after 13 months we now have about 13K miles on it. The ride, handling, mileage and overall expectations are as good or better than expected with one exception.

We had an issue with the passenger air bag indicator that would come on intermittently, which took about 4 months to remedy.
  • Options
    The air bag issue was a common problem.
  • Options
    Yup, know of several.
  • Options
    It took over 3 months,but thank the deity,they finally got it right.Now...I love my Optima. :) Now if they would only make one as a Hybrid..
  • Options
    wjkwjk Member Posts: 1
    How did they get it right? We have the same problem with the intermittent airbag light and the dealership even replaced the seat (so they say) at one point and yet we still have the problem.
  • Options
    They reflashed the computer,whatever that means.Thats all I can tell you.
  • Options
    mikemartinmikemartin Member Posts: 205
    Mickey, reflashing the computer just means they uploaded a new set of codes to the car's ECU (electronic control unit).

It's sort of similar to when you upload songs from your computer to your iPod, or things similar.

That ECU is controlling or responsible for more of a modern car's functions than ever before such as idle, fuel/air mixture, transmission shift points (automatic), electronic stability control, climate control, etc.
  • Options
    Whatever it is Mike,it fixed our problem.Now the passenger seat air bag functions as it's supposed to.
This discussion has been closed.