Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

GMC Yukon Cigarette Lighters Don't Work

newdawnnewdawn Member Posts: 2
edited July 2014 in GMC
ok i have an odd problem. 5/6 cigarette lighters in my 02 denali xl don't work. 1 works and its at the front. The fuse is not blown (at least the only fuse that marked cigarette). Anybody have any solutions or ideas in what it could be? thanks!!!

Comments

• Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Have any of them ever worked or were they always nonfunctional?

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    newdawnnewdawn Member Posts: 2
    they were working just fine. I was watching a movie using a dvd player that is connected to a power converter box (makes cigarette light into a a regular house electric socket). One of the lighter sockets after about 2 hours of watching a dvd gave out. I connected it to the other socket and the same thing happened after about 2 hours of watching. they both seem like a fuse had blown, but i checked the only fuse marked cigarette lighter and its fine. again i'm completely blown away beucase only one works and not the other ones.
  • Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    This is just a guess but it may be that the fuse designated as "lighter" only supports the one in front and some other fuse connects the other ones. You may want to check out the other fuses. Is anything else malfunctioning like dome lights, map lights, other accessories, etc.?

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    kb22kb22 Member Posts: 1
    The fuse box under the hood does not have a designated spot for internal lights or lighter outlets, where is the internal fuse box so I can check for speakers?
This discussion has been closed.