Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

My Dad's Favorite Vehicle

2»

Comments

• boaz47boaz47 Member Posts: 2,747
    Favorite car was a 1962 Olds Starfire. 394CI with 345 HP. The thing would flat fly down the road and heading to Vegas from LA late at night you cold sit on 100 and not even know you were on the ground.
  • lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    I think so. My sister has a big Ford F-250 truck.
  • 0patience0patience Member Posts: 1,712
    Some of the people are talking about their Dad's vehicles and they were some of the vehicles that I had. :cry:
    It could be very disturbing I suppose if we asked what everyones first car was. The first one that belonged to them alone. That would date you even more.
  • hpmctorquehpmctorque Member Posts: 4,600
    You could start a discussion about readers' first car, or there may already be an archived one that can be revived. Maybe one's first two cars, why they were sold, plus what they now drive might be even more interesting.
    Something that might be worth checking out. Let me cruise the archived forums first.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    I found this one in the Classic Cars archives. Dusted it off and moved it to Auto News.

What was your first car? What happened to it?

Enjoy!
  • odie6lodie6l Member Posts: 1,173
    I got a phone call yesterday from the Fire Department that my father belonged to for 41 years (volunteer) and they asked me if I wanted my fathers old '95 F-150 that we donated to them for the Chief to use. i told them I had to think about it. They were just asking because of the mileage on it (just shy of 450k). When we donated the truck to the department after my father passed away, we had made arangements with a local Ford dealer that my father purchased the truck from (and they customized it for him) that they would do all normal maintenance (oil changes, filters & such) at no charge, as long as the truck was the Fire Chiefs vehicle. This ended when the dealer closed 2 months ago. I'm torn in decideding if I want the truck or not. The department is not selling it or anything, they are just asking me if I would like to have it.

Odie
    Odie's Carspace
  • hpmctorquehpmctorque Member Posts: 4,600
    It's and heirloom, and belongs in your family. Take it back, and if it's of no use to you, or is a burden, give it to your closest family member who will maintain it..
  • davethecarnutdavethecarnut Member Posts: 248
    Yeah...definitely pass it on to a dependable youngster in the family
  • starfire62starfire62 Member Posts: 1
    can you give me some infomation on the 62 Starfire? Vinny
  • antonybeverantonybever Member Posts: 2
    My dad's favorite car is hyundai. I wish to gift the car to him soon. Planning to buy it.
This discussion has been closed.