Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chevy TrailBlazer Towing

jcleaverjcleaver Member Posts: 1
edited July 2014 in Chevrolet
I have a 2007 trailblazer 4WD that I want to tow 4 wheels down behind my motorhome. Owners manual shows an automatic transfer case knob with a neutral position and indicator light. MINE DOES NOT HAVE A NEUTRAL POSITION OR LIGHT ON THE KNOB. I called Chevy, spoke with 2 different people and got 2 different answers. #1 put transmission in neutral and transfer case in auto. #2 put transmission in neutral and the transfer case in 2 wheel high. Both seem wrong to me and dealer can't help. Does anyone have any knowledge of this? Customer service says car was updated but owners manual was not???

Comments

• Options
    kevakasperkevakasper Member Posts: 6
    My 2002, and 2006 both have a neutral position on the transfer switch on the knob. It is not marked, but when you put the key in and turn the ignition on, you can see a yellow indicator light to the far right of the switch. You have to hold the knob all the way to the right for about 30 seconds, and the transfer case will shift into neutral. The park position of your transmission is now overroad, you will be free wheeling, IE no parking lock. You have to use the emergency parking brake, or your car can roll! Good luck!
  • Options
    dan156dan156 Member Posts: 3
    I plan to tow my 2008 trailblazer 4 wheels down. I already know how to command the transfer case into neutral. My question is this - in order to tow the car the key must be in the on position - Which fuzes should I remove in order not to run the battery down while towing ?????????
  • Options
    c118fec118fe Member Posts: 23
    where can I find the"true"ones for an '06,L6? Also other than the rear housing where can I find what type? Ex 3.73,etc. Thanx.
  • Options
    mmbga93mmbga93 Member Posts: 1
    I am in the military and will be changing bases going from the St. Louis, Missouri area to Colorado Springs, Colorado. I plan on pulling my 1999 Ford Mustang with my 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT 4X4. I was just wondering if this was a good idea or not? I am concerned that my Mustang will be too heavy and will do damage to my Trailblazer. Are my concerns justified?
  • Options
    leolioness44leolioness44 Member Posts: 2
    I cant get my 2003 trailblazer ext lt, out of the Neutral position, seem to be locked into this gear. I have wiggled it, and it refuses to budge :cry:
  • Options
    ginster412ginster412 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 trail blazer with the tow package. I want to hook up a brake controller but can't find the plug that the book said is under the steering wheel. Does anyone know where it is?
This discussion has been closed.