Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo and cloth seats

stallkampstallkamp Member Posts: 3
edited May 2014 in Jeep
My 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo has cloth seats that stain so easily...especially water stains...I know that there was a Technical Service Bulletin that came out about this same problem....has anyone else having problems with their cloths seats getting/being stained and not being able to get the stains to come out? The material that these seats are made of is terrible!

Comments

• Options
    dmitch1dmitch1 Member Posts: 2
    I have the same problem. I have 3 kids. When purchasing my 2006 JGC I specificlly asked the salesman if these seats were able to stand up to kids - he said these were the best type of fabric seats for kids - he LIED!! And my kids are not even very messy and we don't eat or drink in the Jeep. Water stains are the worst! I learnt my lesson about car salesmen. I also need help if anyone has some advice on how to clean these seats.
  • Options
    ronaldcronaldc Member Posts: 50
    I have a 2005 GC and have had the same problem from day one. Fabric cleaners do not seem to work. Am going to try steaming the seats. Will post if it solves the problem.
  • Options
    ronaldcronaldc Member Posts: 50
    Steamed the seats and wiped down with a clean towel. Good as new.
  • Options
    naatz1naatz1 Member Posts: 188
    I won't tell her but chalk up one for my wife who wanted HEATED seats for her constant back problems (she runs them all year except maybe June-Aug) and the easiest way to find that was with the X package including leather. That's what we should have had 20 years ago when the kids were tykes and then we could not afford it, so now it's our 3rd leather car: maintenance free but cold in the MN winter, although the new 07 JGC heaters warm up much much faster than our 01s (they have a super warm feature in the first mile then even on high they back off a bit to not fry the buns). We will see if the heaters keep working as the driver 01s were replaced 3 times until they finally got a true fix.

Good luck on the cloth, personally I like them and would scotchguard soak them or find a company that does the equivalent and has a guarantee. Stick with medium to dark seats and carpet ... messing with white lint is a pain but better than lighter colors.
  • Options
    chickstrchickstr Member Posts: 1
    I have a '95 JGC Ltd, w electric seats -
    problem with the driver's side seat controls.
    The up and down - angle controls work fine,
    however, the back and forth that slide along
    the rails don't respond.
    When I use the electric switches, the other switches
    make a humming noise - normal.
    When I try the back and forth switch, NO NOISE.
    Could it be a loose wire? If so HOW DO I ACCESS IT TO FIX IT!
    Passenger seat all okay - just driver seat problem.
    Help! chickstr
  • Options
    ssgkhssgkh Member Posts: 2
    Hey chickstr, I have a 99 JGC with electric seats just as you do and I also have a problem with my drivers seat. The problem I have is that everything works on my seat except the up and down. The mechanical parts underneath is broken. But to answer your question, mine has four bolts that attached the seat to the floor. Two forward two back. Take the bolts out and the seat will lay right back onto the back passenger seat and a clear view of your drivers seat bottom can be seen from the front door area. From there just work your buttons and after process of elimination you should be able to find what motor or mechanism is at fault. By the way, if you know where I can find a drivers seat for my cherokee, drop me a line huh? Anyway, hope that helps.
  • Options
    OLDGOLD249OLDGOLD249 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 GCJ Laredo 4x4. The seats stain terribly. Water is the worst. Does any one have a suggestion that will work to take the stains out and make them look good again? Also, has anyone purchased seat covers for this type of jeep, if so where, and need a good quality type seat cover to cover the ugliness of the stains. Posted 2/19/08 OLDGOLD249
  • Options
    edb11edb11 Member Posts: 1
    Hey, I saw you had a Grand Cherokee and posted about your interior a couple years ago. I am having the same problems in regards to water stains that do not go away. I saw you steam cleaned and and was not sure where I could possibly rent or purchase a steam cleaner? Possibly Home Depot or somewhere along those lines?
This discussion has been closed.