Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

07 LTZ Window Tint

tripwiretripwire Member Posts: 10
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
I bought a 07 LTZ with all the bells and whistles, and I want to tint the front side windows, but the owner’s novel has stated you shouldn’t because of the navigation and other sensors. Has anyone done it and have they had problems with them?

Comments

• Options
    76_93076_930 Member Posts: 1
    I have the same truck, tinted my windows dark to match the rear sides. I have not had any problems with anything.
  • Options
    toe1toe1 Member Posts: 3
    hey, i have the same vehicle, i just recently tinted the front windows, 35% darkness up front, driver and passenger, about a month ago,and limo tint on all other windows, looks good, can still see ok,even at night, havent had any trouble with the navi or any other sensors so far..also, recently added the superchip flashpaq 2815 ,thing kicks now, gotta use 91 octane gas, but the extra power is worth it to me, dont see much gas mileage improvemnt because im always on it, also, for the economy mode, i read that it would only utilize 4 cylinders insted of all 8, thats where you "save gas",but that was not what i was lookin for..and also installed the k & n 63 series intake kit..notice a lil extra power, nothing crazy, but worth it to me...
  • Options
    tahoechicktahoechick Member Posts: 2
    I am dealing with this problem right now. I was not receiving any GPS signal (screen had GPS crossed out). Dealership checked it out and said it was the window tint. Had tint removed and replaced with lighter tint. Still not receiving GPS signal. Very mad.
    By the way, where is the spot the GPS receives it's signal?
  • Options
    tahoechicktahoechick Member Posts: 2
    Update...finally got my GPS to work. The key (at least for me) was the type of window tint that was put on. I had 3M brand installed which claims it will not interfere with GPS or other satellite signals. Now my GPS works. Tint guy said the previous tint had metallic in it which messed up GPS. So just be sure you get the right kind the first time around.
  • Options
    tripwiretripwire Member Posts: 10
    I had the tint guy explain all that to me before I put it on. I haven't had a problem yet, and with a black Tahoe with black leather in FL, it makes a great difference.
  • Options
    littlecreeklittlecreek Member Posts: 3
    I’ve had the vehicle lock itself with the keys in the ignition twice now. OnStar was able to open it once but the second time the signal was too weak. Called GM Roadside Assistance and they sent a locksmith out to get us back in. The dealer explained it is the tint. I have NO idea what that has to do with the vehicle locking itself.
This discussion has been closed.