Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Hyundai Tiburon Heating and AC Questions

msmaxmsmax Member Posts: 2
edited April 2014 in Hyundai
I'm a Tiburon owner in MD and I have had a heck of time getting my air conditioner to work as of late. I've bought it to my dealership 3 times in the past month. I've had freon added, it was flushed, the evaporator was replaced and its back again on the hottest day of the year so far. I'm wondering if any one out there has had similar problems or knows what should be checked to fix it.

Comments

• Options
    skiz10101skiz10101 Member Posts: 2
    Yes, I've had problems with my A/C. I have an '03 and have had problems with the #3 and 4 setting on the A/C. 2 years ago I had the entire control panel replaced, and just last week it was in the shop for 1 week. They told me it was an electrical problem. It works fine now...but we'll see.
  • Options
    msmaxmsmax Member Posts: 2
    I was told it was electrical initially by another dealership but I didn't feel comfortable with them. The air blows cold now but its leaking on the passenger side. I think I'll be getting rid of my car soon. :(
  • Options
    evanschevansch Member Posts: 1
    Hi All, I have an 03 GT with ~87000kms on it. I washed the car a couple of days ago(not sure if this is the reason) and now the heater controls wont work, or only work sporadically - the fan speed control works fine, the A/C button flickers or will only stay off for several seconds, same with the recycle air button, and the control to change the blower direction(feet, head, window) only works ~10% of the time.

Any one have any idea how I can diagnose/fix what is happening here? I'm prettymuch game to try anything other than bringing it to the stealership.

Thanks
  • Options
    bmj3bmj3 Member Posts: 1
    i have a dead panel for the heater and ac controls with the exception of the fan control. it works perfectly. the ac switch, and recirc switches are dead, and the thermostat control has absolutely no effect on the temp of air coming out
    all fuses appear good cannot find qualified service info anywhere please help
This discussion has been closed.