Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

BMW X3 Windshield Washer Fluid Vapors

jamesyakjamesyak Member Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in BMW
Each time I spray washer fluid on the windshield, the climate control system draws in the vapours/odours from the washer fluid. Is this something that others have experienced. That stuff is poisonn according to the bottle!

Also see this site - he has the problem too...http://www.dvatp.com/bmw/maintenance/e36/2005/

James

Comments

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,393
    Each time I spray washer fluid on the windshield, the climate control system draws in the vapours/odours from the washer fluid.

My wife and I noticed this on her X3. We like the smell- it clears out the sinuses. :P

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport 2020 C43 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica
    Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i
    Son's: 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    sisaminahsisaminah Member Posts: 3
    my windshield wiper fluid is kind of thick and milky looking, and sticky on the glass and wiper blades. Could a hard freeze have caused this?
  • Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Was it thick and milky when you poured it in from the bottle? Some antifreeze intended for extreme cold is gelatinized to reduce evaporation rates and freezing of the fluid on the windshield.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
This discussion has been closed.