Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Nissan Pathfinder Losing Power

jamesl1jamesl1 Member Posts: 1
edited May 2014 in Nissan
Recently my 02 pathfinder is losing power and shifting poorly into overdrive. This clears up when the vehicle is let to cool down and has happened only 2 times over the past 2 months. Any idea what might cause this? 65,000KM.

Comments

• Options
    twgablestwgables Member Posts: 3
    I have a similiar problem with my 2001 Pathfinder. It happens periodically and on occasion my cruise control has cut out going up overe a hill. I would selomce some assistance with this also. 200,000 kilometres
  • Options
    Similiar problem with my 2001 Pathy. The dealer suggested that it may be the catalytic converter(s). Check your exhaust when in park for the amount of exhaust being emited...apparently this is a tell tale sign...at least it is something to look into....Have a great day and if you find something else out please let me know..
  • Options
    Was having problems with my 2001 Pathy lack of power. Filled it up with Premium gas.... seems to be working fine now. any suggestions
  • Options
    bmackey1bmackey1 Member Posts: 2
    ok my 91 nissan pathfinder 4x4 cranks up runs rough for a second smooths out then when i take off to go up the drive way it just loses power. hmmmm.... but goin back down the driveway it does good. transmission fluid os full but is a litlle low in gas could that be the prob lem pleeeeeaaaasssee give some insight or advise
  • Options
    bmackey1bmackey1 Member Posts: 2
    well today i checked the distributor an found cylinder #6 wasnt hittin right so we swapped the plug an it cleared up a lil bit still runnin rough got some suggestions by some old timers to fill it up an run the mess out of it in fewer choice words so im gonna try that next along with changin all the plugs an cleanin the intake a lil ill let us know how it works out still if any one has any other helpful insight suggestions i would sure appreciate it
  • Options
    99accent99accent Member Posts: 237
    Has any one ever locked there chip type key in there pathfinder and then used your extra spare remote to open the door? Will it work or will the chip key inside the car stop your spare remote from opening the door?
  • Options
    sidebesidebe Member Posts: 1
    My 01 automatic transmission, 4x4 Nissan PF engine these days stalls when in D mode and I have to apply the brakes to stop in traffic. The problem starts about 1 minute after stopping in D mode. It sometimes happen in P mode when warming engine, for instance. You would notice a sudden drop in rpm on the odometer, then off the engine goes. Servicing and oil level are ok. A brand new transmission was fixed before the vehicle was shipped tp Ghana.

Can anybody advise please?
  • Options
    99accent99accent Member Posts: 237
    I noticed on mine when you go from park to drive the rpm picks up a little because it suppose to under a load,put the AC on it even goes slightly higher yours dosent see a load ,have that checked out
This discussion has been closed.