Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota FJ Cruiser Seats

yepitsroyyepitsroy Member Posts: 2
edited May 2014 in Toyota
Quick question for you current FJ owners. I am considering purchasing a FJ. I'm a real estate agent, and often I have to take clients to different showings. Based on your experience, how is the seating in terms of comfort, and how would you describe the ease of getting in and out of the back seat of the FJ? Any other honest recommendations are welcome too.
Thanks for your input.

Comments

• steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    Buy a 4 door. Unless you are trying to keep your clients captive, then the FJ would serve your needs perfectly! They wont be able to get out!
    But seriously, you can barely see out from the back this is probably the worst choice for your needs.
    Buy something with lots of glass and 4 doors like a Pathfinder. The rumble seat will come in handy when your clients are a young family.
  • yepitsroyyepitsroy Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, it kind of looked that way . . . but I wanted some input from someone other than the sales guy. I appreciate it.
  • batman47batman47 Member Posts: 606
    Do the rear seats in the FJ fold flat? Could I use the space -after folding the rear seats- for sleeping with my partner in an emergency, for example if we have arrived at a campsite too late.
  • synergy46synergy46 Member Posts: 2
    With the back of the rear seats flipped forward, there is about 5 ft of space with about 42 inches between the wheel wells.

Can you sleep there? Depends on how big you are and your relationship with the other person. 8-)
    I cannot get hold of photos of the JF Cruiser cargo area. Can someone help on this? I wonder if the rear seats fold ‘flat’ or releases flat backward like the Honda Element?
    If you own a FJ Cruiser could you please tell me if the rear seat can be temporarily removed? I understand that the RAV4 rear seats can be easily removed to provide more cargo space. Thanks
  • shoozieshoozie Member Posts: 4
    I concure! As much as I love my FJ, I also have no kids and rarely any passengers. Back has low visibility, not the best leg room, and the suicide doors would be very ackward for clients, especially elderly or "larger" people. Good Luck!
  • david73034david73034 Member Posts: 4
    seats do not fold flat
This discussion has been closed.