Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Acura RDX vs Infiniti EX35

2»

Comments

• Options
    schnellesautoschnellesauto Member Posts: 59
    edited April 2010
    The only negatives of the EX35 is the rear seat legroom and cargo is less than RDX. Otherwise in my extensive test drives and opinion it wins in every other category. I didn't like the turbo lag or handling on the RDX, RDX is front Wheel Drive based. RDX has poor fuel economy for a 4 cylinder vehicle. The EX's V6 gets same or better. Both use premium gas, so no savings there.

The EX35 has no lower Nissan equivalent branded vehicle. The EX35 is on the G35/G37 FM REAR drive platform, where as the RDX is an over-glorified Honda CRV, same platform. It looks similar, from the sides, etc.

With the deals going on now, the EX was cheaper than RDX out the door.
  • Options
    don_chicagodon_chicago Member Posts: 2
    You need to keep in mind you won't get a cargo cover if you buy a standard EX35, you have to go to eBay for that. WTF in their mind of the 35K luxury car maker.
  • Options
    xisxis Member Posts: 1
    Schnellsauto

The RDX is NOT based on the CRV just like the EX35 is not based on the Rogue... UGH - get your facts straight before you present them as facts...

They are both great cars.
    RDX handling is better. Size is better. Reliability is better. Price is better.
    EX35 ride is better, interior materials are better

honda>nissan
    Acura> / = infiniti
  • Options
    wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    "..RDX handling is better.."

As good, EXCELLENT, as is the SH-AWD it does NOT compare favorably with even a simple RWD vehicle. Infiniti does not believe in FWD or F/awd vehicular drive systems for a good reason.
  • Options
    tonys6tonys6 Member Posts: 3
    If you look at RDX and CRV again, closely, they are identical.
    I would go with EX35 if I don't have children.
    Even a new Huyndai Tucson is better than RDX in many ways. Its style is so obsolete.
  • Options
    clquakeclquake Member Posts: 3
    How are they identical? Powertrain is different, body is different, suspension is different. Somewhere on the web, there's a video interview where the RDX is compared to the CRV and the guy says they share 7% of the components. I'm literally looking right at my '08 RDX and my neighbor's '08 CRV.
  • Options
    tonys6tonys6 Member Posts: 3
    They look identical when you look from outside with same platform. If you put roofrack on CRV and look at it from back, side, and front, people will get confused.

You don't do a surgery to check internal organs to say 2 people identical. It just the look.

Maxima and G35 using same engine/transmission, but they don't look identical.
    Anyway, CRV and RDX are pretty much no difference, so why convince otherwise?
    yawn...
  • Options
    clquakeclquake Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2010
    I just want to make sure I'm getting this right.

The cars look similar, so that means they're the same. Good one. Like saying the EX35 is a Rogue.

After your last post, it's pretty clear you don't know anything about these vehicles, I would have loved to race you for slips w/ my Grand National (just a black Regal, right?), but just for kicks, how does Nissan use the Maxima's drive train, a front wheel drive car, and somehow make the exact same drive train work in a rear wheel drive G35 (based on a rear wheel drive Z chassis in case you didn't know). And by extension, since the EX is based on the G, then they're the same as well?
This discussion has been closed.