Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2008 Mazda CX-7 GT AWD

cami199cami199 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Mazda
Just purchased the above vehicle. It was located through the dealership I was working with (who have been great to work with) and had to be transported. So I picked it up after dark last night and didn't get a good opportunity to really look it over. Today, I notice two scratches that are approx 1/4 inch in length and fairly deep. My last new vehicle was purchased in 2006 and the exterior was mint. What to do? I don't want to appear unreasonable......

Comments

• Options
    vbbuiltvbbuilt Member Posts: 498
    Sorry to hear that!

You need to determine WHEN that scratch occured.

If it occured before it was picked up, then it's under warranty, so exercise your options

If the scratch occured during transport, then whoever transported it, has to have it fixed. It's their responsibility.

Ultimately, it may devolve into finger pointing, so be prepared to take the matter to court or arbitration.

Vince.
  • Options
    vinnygnyvinnygny Member Posts: 1
    NEVER pick up a vehicle after dark. :mad: Ask the dealer to correct the problem
This discussion has been closed.