Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Hyundai Vercruz Start Stall Idle Problems

anto1anto1 Member Posts: 2
edited July 2014 in Hyundai
love my new Veracruz but have two annoying issues that I would like some feedback on

Ignition : It takes too many turns of the engine to start the veracruz. Around 80% of the time it will not start unless I try to do it a second time. My dealer has checked it out but cannot find any fault with the starter. I think it might have something to do with the fuel line but they also discounted that.

Radio: It I change the radion settings ( bass / treble etc) and then turn off the cra upon restart it loses these settings and reverts back to the old ones. This also occurs with radio stations and cd tracks.

Please help!!!

Comments

• Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I changed the title of this topic so it is now dedicated to starting, stalling and idling problems. For your radio issue please post that question in the Hyundai Veracruz Audio Video discussion.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    flavcflavc Member Posts: 3
    Bought my VC Aug. 1. Have had starting issues as well. The problem is intermittingly...whereas it can take either 3-4 seconds to start or it needs a second time to actually start. My dealer has not been able to "duplicate the problem" and they went as far as saying, "it's normal for it to take two times to start". I have been battling the dealer to acknowledge my issues and I have yet to meet with the Representative. Another issues that I think is related: the vehicle will sometimes literally stall out if it has gas range under 41. This tends to happen when making a turn, after slowing down. This is a HUGE safety for me as my wife and kids tend to use the vehicle.

Any thoughts and/or suggestions out there ?
  • Options
    Bought my VC Aug. 1. Have had starting issues as well. The problem is intermittingly...whereas it can take either 3-4 seconds to start or it needs a second time to actually start. My dealer has not been able to "duplicate the problem" and they went as far as saying, "it's normal for it to take two times to start". I have been battling the dealer to acknowledge my issues and I have yet to meet with the Representative. Another issues that I think is related: the vehicle will sometimes literally stall out if it has gas range under 41. This tends to happen when making a turn, after slowing down. This is a HUGE safety for me as my wife and kids tend to use the vehicle.

Any thoughts and/or suggestions out there ?
  • Options
    dvinay12dvinay12 Member Posts: 20
    Please have a dealer drive your vehicle for long time to reproduce the situaion of stalling. Today Nissan recalled 600,000 vehciles because the heated sensor was stalling the engines.
  • Options
    jlindhjlindh Member Posts: 282
    As far as the stalling with low fuel remaining after a turn and slowing down, Ray Charles could see that's a fuel starvation problem! I'm not saying there isn't a design problem here, but how about keeping a bit more fuel in the car???
  • Options
    Of course, I have been keeping the fuel range with no less than 1/4 tank. Point is, its a NEW car....and I should not have to worry about stalling on an intersection even though there is 40 + miles on the tank left. Ray Charles would be annoyed as well don't you think?
  • Options
    becykbecyk Member Posts: 28
    Check out my problems with STALLING...all fixed now! (I hope)

craigmri, "Hyundai Veracruz Initial Quality" #89, 13 Nov 2007 8:09 pm
  • Options
    normanebanksnormanebanks Member Posts: 2
    I had the problem with starting and took it to the dealer after making an appointment. They said that there was a recall for a similar problem but my vehicle was not on the list. anyway they would install the item since I had the problem.
    After a couple hours they told me that that did not fix the problem and that they would change the fuel pump. Since it would take a day or so to get a pump, they provided a rental. Free. It fixed the problem and I just hope that the new pump is not the same as the original and goes bad again later. All in all, aside from a little inconvenience, I had a good experience at the dealer.
  • Options
    09vc09vc Member Posts: 1
    Anyone experiencing same problem on 09 VC?
  • Options
    kabhkabh Member Posts: 7
    I am having a difficult time deciding if I want a Veracruz or not. Does anyone have an idea when the next redesign might occur? Are most of you out there happy with your Veracruz? What would you say is the biggest flaw with the SUV? I keep reading about Genesis and Veracruz. What is that all about? Is there a chance they may discontinue the Veracruz? I keep my cars 7-8 years and since I drive it that long, I don't want to make a poor decision. Thanks for any help you can give me.
  • Options
    indysabreindysabre Member Posts: 42
    Our 2008 started having varying RPMs at cold start up and poor throttle response when first taking off from idle...it would hesitate some and then go ok.

After reading here and around the web I found - at - http://www.aboutautomobile.com/TSB/2008/Hyundai/Veracruz/Fuel+System

TSB-09-FL-003-1

Summary:
    or cold engine rpm fluctuation- tps replacement & ecm update. Some vehicles may experience either slight engine rpm fluctuation at cold warm up or malfunction indicator lamp illuminated with the etc

We took it the dealer and they perfomed that fix of the Throttle position sensor today and ECM update......so far so good it seems to be running much better...hope this fixes it for good.
  • Options
    rosered11rosered11 Member Posts: 7
    Sadly, I am still having the problem even after TPS replacement and ECM updates (twice).
  • Options
    indysabreindysabre Member Posts: 42
    Sorry to hear that......drove ours again today it is running great.
This discussion has been closed.