Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chrysler 300 Warranty/ TSB Questions

rjslcrjslc Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Chrysler
Anyone been told by a Service Advisor that Chrysler advises after l5,000 miles that the throttle body and fuel injection needs to be serviced? And if so would that be covered under warranty? He indicated it was service memo they received. 5 Star dealership, and we were out of state, on vacation, in for an oil change. Have a 2005 300 Hemi, Low mileage

Comments

• Options
    xtecxtec Member Posts: 354
    I never heard that before.And that would not be covered under warranty.Thats part of maintanence.I do recommend putting in a bottle of fuel injection cleaner every three thousand miles.Make sure your running the recommended fuel.I use STP super concentrate fuel inj. cleaner to keep the throttle body and inj. clean.
  • Options
    shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    "He indicated it was service memo they received."

Total BS. If you want to have some fun, call his bluff and ask him to show you the service memo. ;-)

I suspect that if you check your manual you'll see that there is no prescribed induction service and that Chrysler recommends against any and all fuel additives.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
This discussion has been closed.