Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Veracruz Navigation System

rv65rv65 Member Posts: 1,076
edited August 2014 in Hyundai
For 2008 Hyundai is offering a Navigation System for the Veracruz.

Navigation specs:

6.5" Touch Screen Display
8 GB CF card for the Navteq maps
Deletes the CD changer and the Rear seat DVD player but can play DVD's while in park
Audio and visual prompts
605w Infinity Logic7 audio system
Designed by LG for Hyundai
Has AM, FM, XM, CD, DVD, and MP3 support
Millions of POI's
No Backup camera but Genesis or foreign market one should work.
Coming as early as October or November. May not be until 2008.

This thread should be the official thread for this new Navigation system.

Comments

• craigmricraigmri Member Posts: 243
    I think it will be a huge mistake if Hyundai goes through all the trouble to provide navigation and omits a backup camera and bluetooth. I'm hopeful these features will be included in the production runs.

Craig
  • rv65rv65 Member Posts: 1,076
    The Bluetooth kit is a dealer installed option or a factory one. Rumor has it that it's a rebadged Blueconnect system or a integrated one. Most likely blueconnect since I saw it in the applications guide for hyundai. It doesn't integrate with the stereo though :(. Backup camera from a foreign mozen, or Arabian system could work too. The Genesis has one so it could be retrofitted to this LG system. I think they may offer it later. The bluetooth kit should be here this October maybe Early November.
  • craigmricraigmri Member Posts: 243
    Rendez,

I have purposefully postponed the replacement of our Santa Fe waiting for the Veracruz Navi. To this point I have assumed it would come with the back-up camera as well as a bloothtooth system that incorporates into the navi screen. If these features are not included I will end up saving the money and simply buying a garmin Nuvi or an aftermarket built in Navi like an Alpine.

Craig
    The navi option should be less than 2k with the logic7 sound system. That means some stuff has to be omitted. Bluetooth is avaliable on all trims. Just buy the DVD player model. 605w stereo that the navi gives you, and you get a 605w logic7 audio system. Then you can buy a nice LG LN740 with a parrot bluetooth kit. that would be better imo. The Korean and Arabian navi have integrated bluetooth. Also the factory one is nice but it's not integrated with the stereo.
    Navi models are already being allocated. No CD Changer or Rear seat DVD player. Comes with the 605W Infinity Logic7 audio system. It does play DVD's while in park. Should be arriving in a month or so. Bluetooth and/or camera wont be included.
  • joe97joe97 Member Posts: 2,248
    The Motortrend test of the 2008 SUVs had the bluetooth equipped with the Veracruz:

http://blogs.motortrend.com/6218324/new-cars/2008-motor-trend-suoty-contender-hy- undai-veracruz/

:confuse:
  • dvinay12dvinay12 Member Posts: 20
    Inbuilt Navi expensive why pay 2k more. Look at Nokia N95 cell. It's coming up with GPS chip. Very convenient and less of gadgets.
    Any more info on it. I hear it's FM modulated.
    bluetooth is a jci blueconnect system. Navigation is coming out this month. The navigation system was featured in the Motortrend SUVOTY awards. That one also had the aux in.
  • joeraojoerao Member Posts: 2
    Just got a call from my local dealership. They just received a new shipment of brochures with the Navigation system featured. Has anyone seen this? If so please post pictures.
    1,750 USD on top of the limiteds MSRP. Includes a Logic7 audio system. Anybody who wants the logic7 should get the dvd player package. Only 250 less than the navi. No Cd changer with the navi and dvd player. The slot does play CD/DVD/MP3. XM is included as well. Guess the the navigation model is coming to dealers. No backup camera or bluetooth. Just buy the DVD player package and add a portable unit instead.
    Doesn't work without login. Can you get the direct video link without the login. Thx!
    Maybe it's best not to view it. Hopefully hyundai can finally advertise this thing.
    Navigation models are already at dealers as of now since last week. Now you can buy one if you wish. Dealers should have them. More navi models should be coming as of now and are being allocated.
  • wdbpilotwdbpilot Member Posts: 3
    I love it!!
    I used to have the 06 Honda Civic with Navigation and my new navi in the Veracruz is 10X better. I can watch movies in it while in park with that banging Infinity system. It's awesome. I'll try it out of park but thats kinda stupid, but will post for curiosity sake. If anyone has any questions please post and I'll do my best to answer but I've only had the car for 2 days now and am still learning.
  • carbuyer11carbuyer11 Member Posts: 114
    welcome to the rather select Veracruz owners club. Please continue to use this site to keep us informed of your impressions of your new ride!
  • alj77alj77 Member Posts: 2
    Congratz on your new Veracruz, I have a question, with the Nav unit, do you have bluetooth also? and if so, is it a factory unit or a dealer install option
    dealer installed. It's basically a JCI blueconnect system.
  • bigjimd2804bigjimd2804 Member Posts: 34
    You mention you also have the dealer installed bluetooth; can you provide details? Does it take the place of the sunglass holder? How is the sound quality? Does it mute the radio during a call?
    Thanks in advance!
    Yes it replaces the sunglasses holder. It's based on a JCI blueconnect system. That system doesn't mute the radio. It has it's own speaker. I hear it's not bad but could be better.
  • deacsdeacs Member Posts: 1
    WHERE DID YOU BUY THE VC WITH NAV I'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET ONE BUT NO LUCK THEY SEEM TO HAVE A HOLD ON THEM___PLEASE REPLY TO ME @ dan93@snet.net
    THANKS
    DAN DONOHUE
  • dejenkdejenk Member Posts: 6
    I am looking at the Veracruz Navigation Sytem. My question is this- Can you watch a dvd movie through the navigation screen? I asked the saleman about it being a dvd system and he did not seem to know.
  • player4player4 Member Posts: 362
    You can watch a DVD on the NAV screen while the vehicle is in Park only.
  • sas5sas5 Member Posts: 8
    I bought a Limited w/ navigation system 2 days ago.

I'm new to this forum, so I don't know if it's permissible to state the dealership's name. However, I bought my Veracruz in Mobile, AL.

If I find out that it's OK to state the dealership's name, I'll do so in another post.

I believe the dealer where I bought mine has another Veracruz with navigation in stock.

Based on the date of your post, however, I suspect you've already found your Veracruz w/ navigation.
  • dejenkdejenk Member Posts: 6
    thanks for that info. I have not bought one yet. I live in North Alabama so I would be interested in the dealership there and if you felt like you got a good deal.
    Is it OK to post the name of the dealership in this forum? If so, I can give you a referral and the name of the salesperson with whom I worked.

This is the second dealership I went to in this area, as the first one didn't appreciate the fact that I came prepared to do business with all my notes, research, invoice price sheet, etc.

As a single woman, I feel sometimes that dealers think they can bushwhack us into a sale. This happened to me four years ago (I won't mention the car I was attempting to purchase), and it happened last week with a local Hyundai dealer.

I checked with Hyundai dealers in Northern Florida, the Gulf Coast of Mississippi, and New Orleans.

Finally, I checked one of the two dealerships in Mobile and did all my negotiating online BEFORE walking into the dealership.

The car came in three days ago, I bought it two days ago, and I'm pleased with it.

I'm also reading the Veracruz forum dealing with any problems that might arise, and I've learned some good things about the vehicle so that I won't get crazy when/if I hear a rattle or two.

For example, after reading that the tire pressure is set at 40 psi for shipment from Hyundai, I checked my tire pressure this morning and set all the tires to the recommended 30 psi.

I also e-mailed my dealer and suggested that he tell his car prep people to re-set the tire pressure for a customer before letting the car off the lot.

Frankly, these vehicles are so new that the sales people are learning as they go, so I don't mind helping them along so that the next customer has as good an experience as I've had.

I'm still trying to figure out how to use the navigation system, but it's user friendly and I have time to play with it, as I won't be taking a long trip until late April.

I like the fact that the system can play a DVD when the car's in Park. This is something I hadn't expected, although I probably won't use this feature often, if ever.

I also like the back up sensors, although I would have liked a back-up camera.

Another nice feature I wasn't aware of is that the outside mirrors focus down and rearward automatically when the transmission is in Reverse. This happens only when the Left outside mirror button is pushed down.

The outside mirrors automatically readjust to the pre-set positions when the car is in Drive.

Nice, huh?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Dealer names are fine - we've had problems with fake referrals for individual salespeople (bird-dogging for referral fees) so please don't mention your salesperson's name. People can contact you at your CarSpace email for that info.

Congrats on the new Veracruz, and please rate your dealer:

Dealer Ratings and Reviews
    Thanks for the update on mentioning the dealer's name.

I bought my 2008 Veracruz Limited at Palmer's Airport Hyundai in Mobile, AL. I had a very good experience except that the tires were still at 40 psi when it rolled off the lot.

I learned through the Hyundai forum to check the tire pressure and adjust it to 30 psi. I e-mailed the dealer to let him know about adjusting the tire pressure for customers like me who are learning as we go.

I'm really enjoying my Veracruz, although I've had it only two days. As with all new vehicles, there are adjustments, and I expect a few rattles from time to time.

I'll continue reading these forums to keep myself informed about what to do about any glitches . . . the headlights for example.

I haven't driven the Veracruz at night, so I haven't noticed any problems with the way the headlights are aimed. However, I'll check this out tonight to see if there's anything noticeable that I need to bring to the attention of the service dept.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ptc452pzrmU

A short 3 minute overview of the Veracruz navigation system. Applies to Veracruz, Santa Fe, and Azera Navi owners.
  • fpostadanfpostadan Member Posts: 22
    Hello,

I ordered my 2008 Veracruz Limited yesterday. The options I chose was the Navigation and I also wanted the Rear DVD Entertainment system factory installed. After searching for the car they came back to me and said I cannot have both. It is either one option or the other. Why? Does anyone know?

Now what we did was pick the Navigation option to be factory installed.

But the dealer after speaking for 15 minutes with his manager said their technicians, at the dealer here where I am getting the vehicle, said they could install the DVD entertainment system. But I was wary to make sure if everything is going to be the same. So I asked him will everything be the exact same. He again talked to his manager and said no. He told me, where you load the DVD, usually in the 2nd row center console, will not be there anymore. It will be replaced with the auxilary audio jack I opted to get also. Loading DVDs will be done on the actual unit where the fold out screen is, located up above. Also the fancy controls for the DVD, those knobs and button that is located in the 2nd row center console will not be there anymore. He said they will come with two wireless headsets and remote still.

My main question though is why can't I have both options factory installed?

Thanks in advance.

Please reply as soon as you can. I am going to go and check out the vehicle in a couple days or so before they start to install the DVD entertainment system. I want to know if I should just do away with the DVD entertainment system before it is too late.
  • pingenloffpingenloff Member Posts: 1
    For 2008 Santa Fe, to allow passengers to watch DVD while driving (not advised for driver), need to disconnect the vss signal to the radio. First, remove top speaker cover on dash (pops off, no screws); remove bottom right screw on bottom panel under steering wheel and pull panel away (2 tabs) by ignition key. Next, remove the brown wood trim over the glove box … held in by all tabs. Now you see the radio easy. Remove 2 screws by top speaker , unhook speaker wire and set aside. Remove 4 8mm bolts holding in the radio. Pull out radio. Remove the top wire harness (24 wire clip)…cut the brown wire with silver dots (in 8th position) and the orange/blue wire with silver dots (on end of tab). Test drive. Reassemble and your good to go. Remember, this may not be legal in every state so you’re doing it at your own risk…I assume NO liability for anything.
    Map Updates are now available at www.mapnsoft.com/. M&Soft is the authorized reseller for the updates. They give you everything you need for the map updates. You can't lose the screwdriver since thats the only one they'll give you. It's not a regular screwdriver. It's a hex bit screwdriver. Maps are $199 and there are 2 options. One is the non CF card option where you send in your CF card to mapnsoft.com. They'll then update the CF card with the latest maps. It takes about 15 days to do this option.

The other option is the CF card option. That takes much less time but there is a $100 refundable deposit making it $299. That gives you a preloaded CF card with the latest map. All you have to do is send in the old CF card to M&Soft and you'll get a $100 check from them making it $199.
  • ls1993ls1993 Member Posts: 10
    Anybody knows where to get a double din dash kit for installing an aftermarket in dash GPS? The factory in-dash GPS is lacking compared to units offered by Pioneer, Kenwood and Eclipse, ie: no IPOD control, built-in bluetooth and back-up camera connection.
  • mmellommello Member Posts: 2
    Hello, friend!
    I am also looking for a Navigation system for my Veracruz. As I am writing from Brazil I have spent hours and hours on the internet searching for the best system and dash kit. I have found two suppliers for the 2 Din dash kit for installing an aftermarket GPS on Veracruz.
    www.scosche.com and www.metraonline.com .
    Please, as you are in USA check these suppliers and let me know what you think. Also, please let me know which navigation system have you bought to your Veracruz. Hope to hear from you soon! Thank you!
  • teetopteetop Member Posts: 1
    Can a rear camera be added to factory installed Nav system in 2010 VeraCruz Limited and for about how much? Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.