Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Hyundai Santa Fe Air Bag Light

2»

Comments

• Options
    mrhatmrhat Member Posts: 3
    Flower....thanks so much for your reply. Are you able to offer the name of a service representative or service invoice number which would help me open that dialogue with them? I'm just getting nervous since the conversation with Hyundai of America (Diana the Claim Manager) did not go very well for me as she indicated that there is no "formal" recall for this, however I did see several other posts for identical issues round the net and just made a formal compliant at safercar.gov. Any additional details would be appreciated....feel free to contact me directly if you don't want to post that info here. I will try to call your dealership in the morning.
  • Options
    mrhatmrhat Member Posts: 3
    Flower....would you be willing to share your name or VIN? I spoke with your dealership this morning and this is what they would need to research any type of claim number to have the repair approved. Email me directly at MrHat@outlook.com if this is an option.

Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    flower6flower6 Member Posts: 7
    I checked with my dealeship and they will not release any information even if I authorize it.
    There is a transmitter built into the passenger seat that controls part of the air bag system
    that detects the weight of thepassenger. Since it is built into the seat you have to replace
    the entire seat. I don't know if you have the same problem but that was ours.
  • Options
    sac320sac320 Member Posts: 1
    I am glad I did some research. We are now having the same problem and even though we bought the extended warranty we are being told that the seat belt is not covered. I fully intend to call Hyundai back and discuss this rampant problem with them. It is unsafe and not a part that wears out from use.
    I will post any progress we make here so that maybe it can help someone else!
  • Options
    hodad57hodad57 Member Posts: 7
    I hope your issue gets resolved. It is my understanding that a national recall regarding this matter was issued for the Sant Fe late 2012 or early 2013. Good luck!